Request Or Suggestions for Future Patches / Big Ant Gaming Series

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It'd be great if in the next game when your batsman has his bat behind the crease that it would be given not out when it comes to a run out decision by the third umpire.

hammadahmed88

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The problem with making sub standard games then patching it to perfection, is the review..... most reviews are done with pre-patched sub standard games in hand and get really bad reviews, how many of these reviews are changed as the games get patched? I would say very few, so most people are still reading these poor reviews and staying away from buying the game :(
That's a fair point, however, if a game is so far from its finished goal and was released so early on in the process that an earlier review is utterly different than one that comes later then that is probably not good company ethic to release the game then. People who pay full price deserve a full game. Nonetheless, the point is well taken. I hope that is the case with Ashes as well, although I have read here that release day version was better than the present game? Can't speak on it as I didn't buy it till later. So it can go either way really.

.Jambo.

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
An old review that has been seen before, before quite a few of the patches and what it has to do with Cricket Australia I have no idea.....everyone is keen to shit-stir in a self-made BA pot of misery it seems.

Why would CA want to be associated with a company that garners this kind of press is what I was getting at.

I used to be a big fan, but after DBC17 and all the stuffed up patches that by turns made the game worse or just failed to deliver on what was stated even in patch notes. I’m apathetic at best towards Big Ant.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fielding radar getting inverse after playing a shot leading to confusion

Dean johnes

Club Captain
While hosting online matches.
Normalise skills yes or no should also be displayed to the other player joining.
While joining from custom.
Should be added in the next patch.

andrew36

School Cricketer
Batting
Shot selection needs to be fixed
Six hitting should be harder
Few shots need improvement or tweaked like ramp shot, upper cut and guide to third man
Shot power needs to be realistic
Bowling
Every dismissals should be in play example chop on stumps,top edge or under edge to slips
Fixed the wides
Fix the bouncers and Yorkers
Pitch
Have cracks and rough impact the game more
Drs
Improve the hotspot and snicko
Have reviews about thin edges or catches to see if they carried
Catching should be more realistic
Put your best fielders where you want
Also slips need to be realistic and positioning

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In my view SLIDERS should not be existing in any of the sports games. Sports game should be as natural as we can get it.

Talking about Cricket , sliders should not control the physics of the game.

The game physics should be very natural.

1. Ball should behave completely based on Bowlers pace vs Batsman's timing and shots & edges should be vary accordingly.

2. Each level (Club,Domestic,International) has different bowlers and batsman with different skill-sets, hence game should be behaving as per that.

3. We should not control Starc pace or any bowlers from 150km/h to 180km/h or from 120 km/h to 140km/h , just because we have the sliders.

4. Like wise while batting a mistimed shot or any shot should not travel for sixes with 100m-120m range unless correctly timed.

My request for upcoming patches or next iteration of cricket games is to remove the sliders completely and get the game as realistic as possible with natural factors like Player skills , Pitch , Weather conditions , country of play etc instead of sliders.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
In my view SLIDERS should not be existing in any of the sports games. Sports game should be as natural as we can get it.

Talking about Cricket , sliders should not control the physics of the game.

The game physics should be very natural.

1. Ball should behave completely based on Bowlers pace vs Batsman's timing and shots & edges should be vary accordingly.

2. Each level (Club,Domestic,International) has different bowlers and batsman with different skill-sets, hence game should be behaving as per that.

3. We should not control Starc pace or any bowlers from 150km/h to 180km/h or from 120 km/h to 140km/h , just because we have the sliders.

4. Like wise while batting a mistimed shot or any shot should not travel for sixes with 100m-120m range unless correctly timed.

My request for upcoming patches or next iteration of cricket games is to remove the sliders completely and get the game as realistic as possible with natural factors like Player skills , Pitch , Weather conditions , country of play etc instead of sliders.

Why not let people customise their gaming experience as they wish? Why not have your desired outcome be the ‘default’ slider setting, and let others adjust as they so wish?

The answer should never be removing features or less customisation.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Why not let people customise their gaming experience as they wish? Why not have your desired outcome be the ‘default’ slider setting, and let others adjust as they so wish?

The answer should never be removing features or less customisation.

Actually , i don't mind with having an option as you said. But default should be the natural physics.

I really wonder why people want to customize and make it unrealistic, not to criticize any body just wondered why... Thanks!

andrew36

School Cricketer
Academy
More facial features and age players
More hairstyles/skin colours
More beards and more equipment
Better catching
Add more options in drs like small edges,off thigh guard and if catches have carried
Place right players in right position

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Actually , i don't mind with having an option as you said. But default should be the natural physics.

I really wonder why people want to customize and make it unrealistic, not to criticize any body just wondered why... Thanks!
If any one wants an unrealistic but fun experience then whats the harm in it? In the end its just a game and you suppose to have fun with it.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
If any one wants an unrealistic but fun experience then whats the harm in it? In the end its just a game and you suppose to have fun with it.

Cool ... everyone has their own way of gameplay.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Hi @MattW ,

In next patch or for future games can we allow AI to select valid customs fields as part of bowling strategy along with default fields.

In DBC17 we had this feature but one of the patches has removed it, not sure why!

I would request you to allow the AI to select the valid custom fields also when a user is batting according to formats.

Below are the videos in which I have created my custom fields across formats but none of them getting selected while I am batting.

I am also damn sure this feature will ease your burden of AI field settings issue , since users can themselves create their own fields and save them. Thank You!

Updated to correct links...

Long Format:

Medium Format:

Short Format:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread