South Africa in India

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
South Africa lost 1-0 the the last time they visited india,i think they ll find it even more difficult without pollock.None the less should be a good series.

Itinerary:

March 18 Arrival in Mumbai
March 20-22 India A, Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
March 26-30 First Test, Chennai
April 3-7 Second Test, Ahmedabad
April 11-15 Third Test, Kanpur

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No doubt that without Pollock it will be not easy to get wickets here in India but according to me, Dale Steyn will give more trouble to Indian batsmen . He is in top form .

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
yea but it will be the 1st time he really wont have conditions that favour him so it will be interesting to see how he does. talkin bout Steyn.

kookaburra69

International Coach
This will be an interesting series,hopefully its televised in New Zealand.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Dale Steyn will learn about international cricket once he comes here. :)

Cant wait for our batsmen to hammer SA attack. Historically Ntini has never done well here. Steyn was not as effective in Pakistan and also India has played Steyn in Ireland and SA so no problems.

SA will miss Nel. He was the guy who made 1-0 possible otherwise it would have been 2-0. Also Pollock had stangelhold on Indian top order. Good hes retired for our batsmen.

Best One: Our Coach will be Garry Kirsten. We will know what SA will be dishing out.

International Coach
i agree,steyn is not in the same class as pollock.the south african will find it tough.

karnog

International Cricketer
I'm also interested to see the Morkel (the bowling all-rounder) and their spinner (Paul Harris?). I think India might find it hard to compete in the fielding level and bowling would be even considering Zaheer is out. SA pace attack shouldn't be underestimated. India have the home advantage though and their batting is miles ahead.

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
March 20-22 India A, Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai

I can see South Africa struggling in this tour match. With Chopra, Gambhir, Badrinath, Pujara, Kaif, Raina, Praveen Kumar, Sangwan...etc, it could be a massive test for the South Africans.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I can see South Africa struggling in this tour match. With Chopra, Gambhir, Badrinath, Pujara, Kaif, Raina, Praveen Kumar, Sangwan...etc, it could be a massive test for the South Africans.

Thats lot of guys from Ranji final. Yeah Mumbai is not happy hunting ground for any visiting team for prepration. Even Aussies loose there.

I'm also interested to see the Morkel (the bowling all-rounder) and their spinner (Paul Harris?). I think India might find it hard to compete in the fielding level and bowling would be even considering Zaheer is out. SA pace attack shouldn't be underestimated. India have the home advantage though and their batting is miles ahead.

Zaheer would be back by then. Most SA bowlers need help in pitch to be effective. Therefore im least bothered about who will bowl.

Last edited:

International Coach
bowling in india will be a true test for their fast bowlers and also batsmen.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
This series is intersected by the summer season as well. Will be extremely hot and it will be interesting to see the fast bowlers performing in that weather.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, it will very interesting how to quickies cope under the hot weather, I'd expect them to bowl 5 over spells max.

.Mob

International Coach

Tiwary...... :mad

:p

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
This series is intersected by the summer season as well. Will be extremely hot and it will be interesting to see the fast bowlers performing in that weather.

I hate summers. Infact I hate north winters as well.

Playing cricket in summers is a big issue. I think they should start matches at 6:00 am and finish by 3:00 am. I can already see Ishant Sharma being carried off the pitch on stretcher and with a drip.

Users who are viewing this thread