South Africa in India

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dhoni has been awesome as a captain. Now its time to give him the reins and let him lead the side. Kumble can slowly time his retirement days and work towards it. Dhoni was pro-active as captain and looks to create things unlike Kumble, Dravid and the likes. He has a splendid future as captain if he continues this work.

let me ask you a question : Would you have said the same thing
had dhoni captained the ahmedabad test ??

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
hmmmm......with just one win.....everyones willing to replace kumble with dhoni ??? what rubbish !!! :mad :boxing

nobody is looking to replace him but he is old and he hasn't been in that good of a form and lets say that his captaincy hasn't been praised while Dhoni has been praised big time for the way he captains the one day team.

Kumble will probably captain the side until he retires which cant be a long way off.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
No Chance Dare.Kumble was key Factor at perth.
I am not taking anything away from Dhoni.
But My Point is Kumble was best captain for Lots of people when India won test at perth.
Everybody loves wins.But that doesn't mean you change your words with every Series.
After Average of Just 18 against Aus,Dhoni has managed average of 25 against South Africa.
One win can hide this stats from people who only care about wins but what Means to me is who Deserves what?

There are thousand of young players over India who have made Cricket as their Career.They have worked whole life to just get one Chance.
Ok I accept Dhoni is a Best Captain in the World.But Is he good Enough as a test batsman??
Let him do Captaincy from Dressing room.Give someone like D Kartik a Chance.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
The only reason we won was because of that Sreesanth - Ishant partnership, Ganguly's brilliance, and some beautiful bowling.

Dhoni may have set the fields right but I feel he did very little in terms of contributing to winning this test match, captaincy wise and batting wise. His glove work was good, that i'll give him.

Kumble deserves more chances. Give me a break, the field settings were identicle to Kumbles and I bet he would have made similar if not the same bowling changes that Dhoni did, except give Piyush/Himself more overs.

I think it was still Kumble captaining the team, from the dressing room. Messages were sent out frequently, I bet.

And Dhoni isn't the best captain in the world.

Mahela Jayawardene, Ricky Ponting, and even Micheal Clarke for Australia's T20 side are all fantastic captains. The first two overshadow Dhoni completely.

I have to say if your complaining you didn't win because Sachin and Anil weren't there. Your in for a big wake up call and your future looks bleak.

You lost badly in the first test. Get over it, Stop making the IPL and excuse.

The second test you played a lot better and a good all round game. And sachin and Anil weren't in this one. So Vaiby think!

Our future looks bleak? Have you been following Indian ODI cricket at all?

Go read my "India's Cricketing Youth" article. If that's what you call bleak, I don't know what to say.

Last edited:

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
I thought whoever ready to replaced Kumble must be a best Captain.
Because Kumble has done best Job In Australia.
And I was trying to be Sarcastic by saying that He is best Captain of the World.
I also know He is not the Best Captain of the World.:rolleyes:

Dhoni isn't the best captain in the world!!

Really??
Thanks I thought He is..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Our future looks bleak? Have you been following Indian ODI cricket at all?

Go read my "India's Cricketing Youth" article. If that's what you call bleak, I don't know what to say.

If you read the conversation you would understand...I think Vaiby said part of the reason they lost was because Anil and Sachin weren't there...So i replied by saying if you dont think you can win a game without anil and sachin then you must think the future is bleak.

zub2005

International Coach
i have to this test being 1-1 was a fair result, would of wanted an indian series win but will take this.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
Ya I also wanted India to win the Series.
Not Because India potentially Strong than South Africa but because India is 10 times more strong on Home Track.
But South Africa has adjusted very well.AB Devillers was unbelievable as D Styen.
P Harris also has done his job.
Though i think there are lots of Factor,absence of which could have make difference in Result.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Dhoni isn't the best captain in the world!!

We dont need the best captain in the world. We need the best guy who can captain India and make it the best team in the world.

let me ask you a question : Would you have said the same thing
had dhoni captained the ahmedabad test ??

I am not rating dhoni just becoz of the victory. I am rating him based on what I see of his captaincy (his decisions, the way he handles the players)

I am sure that the Ahmedabad test would have panned out differently had Dhoni captained it. I am pretty sure Dhoni would have chosen to bowl first at Ahmedabad and would not have thought of things like "lets make use of the 4th and 5th day since we have two world class spinners". Dhoni is a promising captain. Only thing why he didnt captain us in Australia was because it was a very tough tour and it was not wise to risk him in such a big tour. Kumble is a stop gap arrangement. Dhoni is our future.

Beaten inside three days is embarrassing, especially giving Sehwag 3 for not many. Is it me or can Indian pitches only be batsman/bowler orientated, they never seem to be in the middle.

Ahmedabad was a perfect sporting wicket. It started off helping fast bowlers, settled down to a perfect batting strip. Sad that we could not see how it would have helped the spinners on the 4th and 5th days because the match didnt last that long.

The only reason we won was because of that Sreesanth - Ishant partnership, Ganguly's brilliance, and some beautiful bowling.

Dhoni may have set the fields right but I feel he did very little in terms of contributing to winning this test match, captaincy wise and batting wise. His glove work was good, that i'll give him.

Dhoni contributed in a good useful partnership with Ganguly. His 32 was no less valuable. On this type of a pitch, both his and Yuvraj's innings were very valuable. Even though Dravid didnt bat the way he used to, his innings was also valuable in the partnership that they put.

Dhoni also performed way better than Mark Boucher in this test match. Thats a significant difference coz Boucher had a very bad time keeping while Dhoni didnt keep as badly as that.

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
He got out at a critical stage playing a stupid shot. Considering the way that he was going he shouldn't have given his wicket away like that.

To compare Dhoni and Yuvraj's innings with Ganguly's is blasphemy.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Dhoni was good in his approach as Captain and kept well on that pitch. He is now by a long distance best keeper India has ever produced. He made bowling changes so quickly on third day that batsman had no idea what stuck them. I think its evident enough to dump Kumble now forever as captain. He was made captain only because BCCI doubted Dhoni as Test captain and now he has shown that he can relly the team behind him and also you get extra cautious batsman as a deal. ;)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Forget the captaincy debate for now,we won the Test and drew the series.
Concentrate on the IPL now :p

Users who are viewing this thread