End Game Star Wars Mafia - End Mafia(Surendar) & Third Party (Fake Passport) Won

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
As for the notion that prolific posters can be more scummy than inactive ones, it makes the game very difficult because sometimes even those playing as town find a way to incriminate themselves which has gotten very frustrating in the past.

Totally. Especially here where there is a wide range of posting prolificness (I know, not a word) it becomes a pretty obvious and viable play for scum to almost run the line of being modkilled for inactivity as people tend to be more willing to lynch based on their reads rather than effectively a null read.

And the soft claim vanilla is a fair point, I was making the point that if you advocate what he did, and don't do it yourself it's kinda saying your either vanilla or anti town.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
As the discussions are healthy, I would not implement a deadline, but if you think you work better with a deadline you can think you have a deadline of 48 hours(subject to change).

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Heavy rain outside, no electricity. Will post my thoughts once I'm free.

MrsPacman

School Cricketer
I'm new enough at this that I do not particularly wan't to comment on what roles people have outside of the possibility of them being 'good' or 'evil'.
Fake and I also want to mention that he showed me how to isolate peoples posts in a given thread, aside from that he is not allowed in the study when I am on here.

Reading the thread through, this is my thoughts on everyone.

Asprin:
One of the few offering thoughts on players rather than the setup.

Fake Passport:

His written style is completely different to him in real life. I can say this though, when he cares it is obvious to me in person, it dominates his mind. He is not caring about this game anywhere near as much as some others.
He also never answered Aspirin about his read on previous games, he says he tends to try to always answer things if he is town as, to quote him, 'information is innocence'. Push him on this.

Villain:
Posts alot. Pushing for discussion more than other people.

Surendar:

Has mainly offered suggestions about what the setup implys rather than trying to determine who is good and evil.

PresidentEvil:

Nothing to say

Swacker:

Not as focused on the setup, though some setup posts. Is requesting other people post about the game before he does which is the same thought as some others.

Rudolph:

There is the write up interpretation. Has mainly offered suggestions about what the setup implys rather than trying to determine who is good and evil.

El Loco:

At the moment, it boils down to whether his pushing for a lynch is to the benefit of the good or evil team.

Zwarrior:

Most posts about setup.

CaptainCremer:

Star Wars Mafia - Day 2 | Page 7 - Mafia Games Forum on PlanetCricket Forums - Appears to 'not disagree' with both Rudolph and Fake on the writeup? Either it is a good guy base or a bad guy base. Why offer a middle of the road opinion on an issue that is black and white? CaptainCremer seems to be the candidate that has caught the attention of more players than anyone else.

Varun:

Nothing to say

The point about people not posting is a factor that I am running into aswell. :(
My overall assessment is that the bad guys either are low posters, together with those people that:
1. Comment exclusively about the setup and
2. Have posted that they 'will post when others do'

I also want to mention that I have about 1 hour a day where I can play this. I will not post as much as some people, but I will try to make my limited posts count and be worthy enough.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
My overall assessment is that the bad guys either are low posters, together with those people that:
1. Comment exclusively about the setup and
2. Have posted that they 'will post when others do'
1. Some of us actually do not like to nit pick about small little somewhat insignificant details. As the moderator suggested in the beginning, and also in post games. They leave small little hints and clues of the write-ups. Thus trying to get a read on the write-up does assist. This however can be utilized by someone that is genuinely trying to find glues or goons that tries to steer people in the wrong direction.
Personally, your views on the write-ups please. @MrsPacman
2. Agree with you ^

MrsPacman

School Cricketer
@RUDOLPH - I dont know roles well enough to comment too much but will try in my next post. I defer to others with the views on the viability of working out the setup.

MrsPacman

School Cricketer
On the remote planet of Tethra, A Rebel base was trying to gather intel on the base but they were made and to teach the Rebellions a lesson the Empire decided to send their best and kill everybody on the base one by one. The Empire has sneaked in the base and had gain trust of the Rebels but before they could make a move the Head of Operations on the base came to know about that the Empire is between them, so he started an base wide alarm and warned the crew that the base has been made and Empire is between them but before he can announce the Empire he was killed.
'Jack Ryder' said that the introduction was not written with hints in mind. This would suggest that the interpretation of someone is close to correct.

Night 1 starts. People with night role do your jobs.
jobs instead of job? Does not detract from the argument for 3 'teams' or multiple Empire night roles.

On night 2, there were a lot of murmurs but in the end a shot was fired but it didn't reached the target.
It was night 1 if that is something to read into. Murmurs suggest people were talking so there is a team of evil people. I agree with the assessment that the fact that the shot was fired and missed is worthy of consideration in determining the role rather than a shot that did not happen, or the shooter could not find the target.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Zwarrior:
Most posts about setup.
That is my gameplay. I normally post/analyze the setup and then go for people on whom I have suspicions. Since, in this game there is no much detail on the writeups, I am being held back. Ofcourse, I have few suspicions on some guys, but not enough to lynch someone. And I lynch only when I am sure. That's why in my posts, I have tried to make sense of what happened and what the setup could be.

If we know or have an idea about setup, then we can know the different roles available and can pin point the players for that role. As day progress, we will have more to dig into and have some clues.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
As the discussions are healthy, I would not implement a deadline, but if you think you work better with a deadline you can think you have a deadline of 48 hours(subject to change).
Fair enough, good to see some good activity finally.[DOUBLEPOST=1499950179][/DOUBLEPOST]Only @Varun left to post something brief, has played under the radar and went away swiftly after a no lynch decision with a not so convincing reason to do so.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
El Loco:
At the moment, it boils down to whether his pushing for a lynch is to the benefit of the good or evil team.
Have I given the impression that I'm pushing for a lynch? Not that I'm confirming or denying that I am, just wondering why you think so.

If this were my first game with Villain (formerly Yashdude right?) I'd take him up on his play without question. I tend to find him find overzealous at times especially when approached, sometimes needlessly, and that's led me to either lead a lynch against him or exploit his play and use it in my favour when I've played as Mafia against him in the past, along with the slightly unconventional propositions.
Not to let it slide, but just thinking out loud since at the end of the day I've got to offer my opinion on as many people in the game as I can. Besides, I don't see any obvious motives in anyone's posts although I wonder if anyone thinks otherwise.

I'd also like to ask why @CaptainCremer thought me posting twice constituted as a 'very insightful' contribution? All I suggested was that a no lynch wouldn't be the end of the world since we had an even number of players. Not having a go, curious at this point is all.

Finally, I can't really ever remember the very first lynch of a game ever being made with proper conviction. Not everybody will be in agreement, different people will push on others for different reasons. My point is that whoever makes a lynch at this stage is either accepting a risk or trying to get a free townie kill, there isn't really an in-between, PR discoveries aside of course.
So can the people who are waiting to be sure, be sure that they'll be sure when it comes down to it?
I don't know what I just said in that previous sentence, it made sense in my head.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
In rough order, I'd like to see the lynch:
Inactives + OMGUS
Varun
PE
MrsPacman (stop with the IRL stuff!)

Early days, but pick as anti town

Swacker
CaptainCremer
Rudi

Null/town reads

Zwarrior
Surendar
Asprin
El Loco
Villain

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
I'd also like to ask why @CaptainCremer thought me posting twice constituted as a 'very insightful' contribution? All I suggested was that a no lynch wouldn't be the end of the world since we had an even number of players. Not having a go, curious at this point is all.

Without going back to look at your posts to remind me what they were about; I called them insightful becuase you made some good points, and because it appeared that you were searching for clues, not because of your comments about a no lynch.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Still raining but yet I'm posting this. I went through all the pages and posts and haven't found much exciting situations from any player yet. But Villain seems to be suspicious and his posting standard are more clearly visible. His approach and idea of pushing members to post is somewhat acceptable.

I personally haven't watched any movies of Star Wars. So it will be really difficult to analyse the possibility of roles existing in this game. Lynching members will bring some emotions out of members and we can actually analyse those emotions if they are positive (town) or negative (mafia). Here, 'lynching' means not the approach of directly lynching someone to reach hammer but to pressurize them.

Now that my academics has started, I won't be available from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM IST. So that marks my inactive timeframe of the day. But will surely post in the evening or in the morning.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
What does this mean ?

----------------------------

What I feel is, Rudolph is playing safe. Normally, he posts a lot and tries to create arguments, but he isn't. I might be wrong here, but hey, this is a start. That is one thing I feel off from him. And Villain is posting aggressively. Always trying to push others, which is good I agree, but I feel he is trying too hard. And I understand about Evil's issue, but that's definitely a negative image on me. I remember FakePassport using this logic ( I am outside, I will post my views later ) in that Expert cop thing( dethy cop or something) where he was mafia and he kept on telling this. Maybe, Evil is trying for the same thing ?

So, FOS : Rudolph, Villain. Strong FOS: Evil

Currently I feel that Fake, Loco, MrsPacman, Surendar to be town and have no reads on Swacker, Cremer, Varun, Asprin.

Users who are viewing this thread