Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

1) when the ball is pulled or slashed on the offside...it seems to spin after it tups...is this in ??????

2) 2 players from keyboard plzzzzz....wanna defeat my brother again and again

3) Is hawk eye in ??????

shrenik007 said:
1) when the ball is pulled or slashed on the offside...it seems to spin after it tups...is this in ??????

2) 2 players from keyboard plzzzzz....wanna defeat my brother again and again

3) Is hawk eye in ??????
1) Probably
2) Probably not, a keyboard can only handle a certain amount of keys being pressed at the same time (3-5, usually), so it would be very difficult, neigh impossible to implement, especially considering the extremely different control method for TAOC. Get a gamepad.
3) No.

Will there be a meter which analyses the state of the player for example say tiredness , confidence , nervousness , fear of facing a fast bowler, etc?

Will power plays be a feature of this game or will it be too complicated to implement?
If you try and play a shot to close to your body, will you top edge it or inside edge it onto/past the stumps?

Will_NA said:
Will power plays be a feature of this game or will it be too complicated to implement?
If you try and play a shot to close to your body, will you top edge it or inside edge it onto/past the stumps?

Yes, powerplays will be in.

edges (inside and outside) and mishits (top edges and mistimed shots) will be based on the following:

-timing of the shot (how well you time the actual button pressing etc)
-chance (random value)
-batsman stats
-bowler stats

LM

First of all I'd like to say this game looks absolutely brilliant, and what you have done so far is incredible. I personally can't wait to get my hands on it and I am willing to pay.
You have alot of great features, but I was just wondering whether:
The Wicket Keeper will be able to stand up to the stumps for medium pace bowlers? Its a feature I've been wanting in a cricket game for a while now.
My apologies if this a repost.

Bad Seed said:
First of all I'd like to say this game looks absolutely brilliant, and what you have done so far is incredible. I personally can't wait to get my hands on it and I am willing to pay.
You have alot of great features, but I was just wondering whether:
The Wicket Keeper will be able to stand up to the stumps for medium pace bowlers? Its a feature I've been wanting in a cricket game for a while now.
My apologies if this a repost.

yes it will be possible to bring the keeper upto the stumps for the medium pacers

i dont know if this has been asked before but will both the batsman run between wickets with the same speed or is it governed by statistics also will there a mix up between the batsman

AbBh said:
i dont know if this has been asked before but will both the batsman run between wickets with the same speed or is it governed by statistics also will there a mix up between the batsman

when CPU is batting it will be based purely on statistics of the batsmen - determining how fast they can run and their running decisions, so yes, they can run at different speeds and can have mixups...

when 1 batsman is player-controlled and the other CPU-controlled then running speeds will also be based on stats but only the CPU batsman will use stats for running decisions - meaning this scenario also can have mixups too.

when both batsmen are player-controlled then only the running speed will be determined by stats and both batsmen will have to be controlled by the respective players, lending to possible mixup situations

LM

Will the best fielders try and make diving stops or take spectacular catches?

When someone is bowled, will the stumps smack down into the ground or always go flying in the air?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, i just found about this game today. have to say it's a very ambitious project. Best of luck LM. i possibly can't go over all the 74 pages. so sorry if these question is asked before. Approximately How long will it take to finish a day in test matches? -- I hope i am not too early too ask this question. Also will almost all the players (i know it may be hard) have their real faces? One last question which i am sure a lot people has asked you--- How long will it take to finish this game? I am not in hurry.:) take your time. Make it the best cricket game ever:)

Will_NA said:
Will the best fielders try and make diving stops or take spectacular catches?

When someone is bowled, will the stumps smack down into the ground or always go flying in the air?

every fielder will try their best to take great catches and make good dives etc. based on their stats.

stumps have several different animations so while not being represented in true physics, they will have some variety depending on where the stumps are hit.

isrararrafi said:
Hi everyone, i just found about this game today. have to say it's a very ambitious project. Best of luck LM. i possibly can't go over all the 74 pages. so sorry if these question is asked before. Approximately How long will it take to finish a day in test matches? -- I hope i am not too early too ask this question. Also will almost all the players (i know it may be hard) have their real faces? One last question which i am sure a lot people has asked you--- How long will it take to finish this game? I am not in hurry.:) take your time. Make it the best cricket game ever:)

thanks, mate, welcome to the club ;)

i want the test match day times to be as realistic as possible. I find it a joke in some games (not to mention any names ahem) where you can finish a test in 1 or 2 days because the scoring rate is too quick or for whatever other reason. One of the great things about test matches is taking the days into account, which has a major impact on the result. So yes, i want to spend enough time on this aspect in play testing to make sure time moves along realistically. Obviously though it wont be in actual real time.

the faces issue depends on the licensing situation which depends on whether the game is free or commercial - all undecided yet

There is no release date yet, though you should be able to get an idea of where its up to by checking the latest blog updates and videos etc

LM

Users who are viewing this thread