Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

ILike_MadPeople said:
Hey good idea 4Reps will be added to you
Hey, where are my rep points? You didn't give me any.lolz..just kiddin.
:cheers

Why not just have one preset, realistic difficulty level? That means that AI patchers can make patches to make the game easier or harder. In real life there aren't difficulty levels so why should there be on a game?

Ok guys Few points to discuss. my comments are based on the previous version of cricket games, i would like to see thing which were lacking in other cricket games.

1. batsman colliding: not important but you could include this L.M. batsman running in same line and they get in between and get collide.

2. when a batsman hit a straight shot and bowlers put his hand in and hit the wicket sometime they may be out sometime not. This is not in any cricket game.

3. follow through: different types of follow through for bowlers.

4. A.I running in odi's last 3 or 4 overs when bowl is in the hand of keeper.

5. keeper taking leg side catches.

6. Economy for that particular bowler: bowler like murli kartik has a one day economy of 5.38 so that how A.I. plays him try to score runs. where as McGrath has 3.45 so they play him like that.

7. A.I. changing sides: trying different things A.I. goes round or over the wickets to change the angle.

8. A.I. bowling according to plan. like bodyline or off side field.

9. can u make inner circle fielders come forward while they ready for the bowl. i.e. when bowler start to run the inner circle fielders are outside but when bowler is about to bowl they take few steps and come in the circle.

10. fine leg or third man having a drink would be nice near the boundary ;)

cheers :happy :D

srk121 said:
1. batsman colliding: not important but you could include this L.M. batsman running in same line and they get in between and get collide.

That should definitely be in there! It happened to me today on Battrick, my batsman was 130ish not out, he tried a quick single but ran into the other and they got him out!

some of the bigger grounds like melbourne or kolkata have their boundary line slightly away from the crowds. could we see that in this game?

RabbleRouser said:
Why not just have one preset, realistic difficulty level? That means that AI patchers can make patches to make the game easier or harder. In real life there aren't difficulty levels so why should there be on a game?
LM listen to this guy.I like this idea veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy much.

5 reps will be added to you soon

I have one more doubt

will the ball deviate after the batsman hits ?or will the ball travel a straight path?
Like if we hit to point then the ball after pitching deviates goes still back to third man(app..).
and also when we cut/sweep to spinners, the ball doesn't travel in a straight line ,it deviates after hitting the pitch.Ok im sleepy bye.

Last edited:
Hi I donno if its mentioned before. LM can u put reverse swingin option for the good fast bowlers so tht maybe u can fool the cpu or viceversa. Tht would be really cool. Also lot of variety from cpu in bowling wld help.

srk121 said:
Ok guys Few points to discuss. my comments are based on the previous version of cricket games, i would like to see thing which were lacking in other cricket games.

2. when a batsman hit a straight shot and bowlers put his hand in and hit the wicket sometime they may be out sometime not. This is not in any cricket game.

6. Economy for that particular bowler: bowler like murli kartik has a one day economy of 5.38 so that how A.I. plays him try to score runs. where as McGrath has 3.45 so they play him like that.

7. A.I. changing sides: trying different things A.I. goes round or over the wickets to change the angle.

9. can u make inner circle fielders come forward while they ready for the bowl. i.e. when bowler start to run the inner circle fielders are outside but when bowler is about to bowl they take few steps and come in the circle.

I really liked srk121 point no. 6.

Wht i wld like in the game is

1] Reverse swing just to fool cpu or cpu fools u.

2] fast bowlers gettin tired after 6-7 overs spell.

3] Cpu going after part time bowlers.

I ll add more ....

perhaps you could have a concentration meter L.M. i.e. after batsman has a break he makes he way and get more concentration. after having a verbal fight with a bowler his concentration goes bit down and also his confidence goes down as well.

same with bowler. after getting a hit he tries to bowl different length or bouncer to un settle batsman.

Dhoni said:
Hey, LM I think you forgot to check my few posts on this page and tell me what you think. http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16318&page=13&pp=15
Thanks!

sorry, mate, yeah missed that one...

happy to say that those are definately included. You already can hit a 'cut' for 6 - it's called a lofted cut...i may even show it in the next vid ;)

About edges...there are 3 kinds of edge category....

i) outside edge
ii) inside edge
iii) mishit

the mishit category means the ball is going to go somewhere quite different from where you intended. This includes the possibility of straight up in the air or popped up for a catch at silly point or straight back to the bowler...how bad the mihit is depends on many stats and random factors, but it needs to be balanced so that the more 'outrageous' mishits are much rarer. The standard mishit will be more likely to have an effect like the ball coming off with less power than intended, wrong angle by a few degrees or more uppishly played, for example.... so mishits are not necessarily disastrous, in fact it is the mishits that will add so much more variety...hope this clears up some stuff... ;)

LM

RabbleRouser said:

i suppose this is not such a bad idea...i'd like to get some other opinions on it?

srk121 said:

could be done, just concerned could get annoying if happens too much...good suggestions tho

yes, must be in..

yep. in.

definately

100%

great idea...yes

100%

100%

100%

nice, but very much a wishlist one... ;)

srk121 said:
some of the bigger grounds like melbourne or kolkata have their boundary line slightly away from the crowds. could we see that in this game?

yep..each ground will have a setting for this...i.e. size and also about the boundary rope...for example: no rope (just use adboards as boundary), rope slightly in, or rope in by a lot....this will be customisable of course.

las_faiz said:
Hi I donno if its mentioned before. LM can u put reverse swingin option for the good fast bowlers so tht maybe u can fool the cpu or viceversa. Tht would be really cool. Also lot of variety from cpu in bowling wld help.

I really liked srk121 point no. 6.

Wht i wld like in the game is

1] Reverse swing just to fool cpu or cpu fools u.

2] fast bowlers gettin tired after 6-7 overs spell.

3] Cpu going after part time bowlers.

I ll add more ....

1) 100%
2) 100%
3) 100%

srk121 said:
perhaps you could have a concentration meter L.M. i.e. after batsman has a break he makes he way and get more concentration. after having a verbal fight with a bowler his concentration goes bit down and also his confidence goes down as well.

same with bowler. after getting a hit he tries to bowl different length or bouncer to un settle batsman.

there is a 'focus' stat like this but will be hidden...

LM

L.M are you going to make like the Stadium Files, Jerseys etc like as IMage files so its easy to make mods like In RL2 because they did all adboards, Jerseys etc as Image files and the rest in different file types

RabbleRouser said:

i think this is a great idea

got more suggestion to make L.M.

1. McGrath would bowl 80% of his bowl in the similar area becuase he is very consistant with his bowling. where as brett lee would bowl 65% on the proper line. i would like to see that type of consistantsy in this game. good bowlers get most of them right so that's how it should be.

2. Could you have an option to not have a bowling radar. i mean bowling radar off when user is batting vs AI so it becomes more realistic.

3. Physic of the bowl is important as well: i would like to see bowl diviate after picthing on the ground when a bowl has been played. i.e. a square cut has been played, its just about front of square and then bowl diviate behind square.

4. I would like to see animation where batsman tells grounds man to change side screen its just a wish list. ;)

5. Couple of different types of entrence scenes would be nice. not evrytime scene are the same.

6. Career mode aspect. i would like to see something like blic 99 career mode where you play for 4 years span play with evry single country and get ranking of the players and teams.

7. In a county team you could start as a default team would be nice. than you make way up.

8. Not every fielders have safe hands: so have a hidden stats for taking catches, their speed of running, diving, direct hits and other aspect of fielding.

9. In cricket 2005 i miscued a Square cut and bowl lobed in the air. fielder was already there but a fielder from cover came n caught that which is very funny to see. but then it gets irratating. please make sure about this L.M.

10. Manegerial aspect: please have something in this area could be as a patch but please try to include this.

cheers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread