Suggestions / Ideas / Wishlist

Tennis balls don't swing!!! Not unless you get those cheap ones which break easily and are slightly heavier...

ZoraxDoom said:
Tennis balls don't swing!!! Not unless you get those cheap ones which break easily and are slightly heavier...
Yes i use Light ones which Shoaib akhtar used to practice.
With hard ones its hard to get swing.

You really don't know much about bowling do you? You dont get swing from a tennis ball unless its windy and even that isn't proper swing. Anyway all of your posts so far have been utter garbage, if you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything at all.

Anyway back on topic:

On every cricket game i know (Except ICC), the pitches are done by preset attributes, I was wondering if you could do it so it is like ICC. pitch has a bounce rating (From Uneven to Perfect) and a turn rating (Sharp tun to Perfect and an outfield rating (Slow to fast). The good thing about this system is each different pitch throw up a new challenge.

RabbleRouser said:
On every cricket game i know (Except ICC), the pitches are done by preset attributes, I was wondering if you could do it so it is like ICC. pitch has a bounce rating (From Uneven to Perfect) and a turn rating (Sharp tun to Perfect and an outfield rating (Slow to fast). The good thing about this system is each different pitch throw up a new challenge.

Plus different rates of deterieration.

RabbleRouser said:
You really don't know much about bowling do you? You dont get swing from a tennis ball unless its windy and even that isn't proper swing. Anyway all of your posts so far have been utter garbage, if you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything at all.

Anyway back on topic:

You dont know wtf u r speaking.
Come with me I will show you what im speaking.
Do u know that Shoaib akhtar learned the art of reverse swing using tennis ball?SAme with AKram who used to play cricket in gullies before entering INTL arena.
Anyway i dont care about kids like you.Grow up and bowl.Then u will know what im speaking.Next time if i see u posting against me i will slap you with my both hands.I have two belts ready for you.

Back on topic:)
Rabblerouser is idea is already implemented in BLIC2005 and it sux.

RabbleRouser said:

Anyway back on topic:

yeah, i had planned to have something like this...essential IMO.

I think they did try something like this in BLIC 05 but it did suck, only because their implementation sucked. Mine wont ;)

To ILike_MadPeople

please be precise with what you post. Please don't swear.

L.M. this has been mentioned before but just going over. for bowling don't have like BLIC or Cricket 2005 bowling system. They have arrows to which way to swing the bowl which is quite stupid in my view. insted of that have a option to hold a bowl either shiny side or rough side. then in starting over let the bowl do its conventional swing. after about 45, 50 over with white ball will reverse swing as in real life. similar with red ball which take bit more time to reverse swing.

and also i think you should have an option to choose which side you want to shine. it could be an option at the start of the match.

have an animation showing bowler hiding the bowl which wud b nice.

and have an animation showing fileders cleaning the bowl i mean shining the bowl. cheers.

Brett_Lee said:
L.M are you going to make like the Stadium Files, Jerseys etc like as IMage files so its easy to make mods like In RL2 because they did all adboards, Jerseys etc as Image files and the rest in different file types

ALL textures will be editable. Stadium models themselves may or may not be editable - i haven't decided yet...in any case they are 3d models, so you would need 3d experience to change them, though the textures certainly will be editable.

Madman said:
can the batsmen be hit with the ball on an attempted direct hit at the wickets for a run out?

this would be a nice touch...i will try to include it as long as it doesn't turn out to be too difficult! ;)

srk121 said:
got more suggestion to make L.M.

1. McGrath would bowl 80% of his bowl in the similar area becuase he is very consistant with his bowling. where as brett lee would bowl 65% on the proper line. i would like to see that type of consistantsy in this game. good bowlers get most of them right so that's how it should be.

2. Could you have an option to not have a bowling radar. i mean bowling radar off when user is batting vs AI so it becomes more realistic.

3. Physic of the bowl is important as well: i would like to see bowl diviate after picthing on the ground when a bowl has been played. i.e. a square cut has been played, its just about front of square and then bowl diviate behind square.

4. I would like to see animation where batsman tells grounds man to change side screen its just a wish list. ;)

5. Couple of different types of entrence scenes would be nice. not evrytime scene are the same.

6. Career mode aspect. i would like to see something like blic 99 career mode where you play for 4 years span play with evry single country and get ranking of the players and teams.

7. In a county team you could start as a default team would be nice. than you make way up.

8. Not every fielders have safe hands: so have a hidden stats for taking catches, their speed of running, diving, direct hits and other aspect of fielding.

9. In cricket 2005 i miscued a Square cut and bowl lobed in the air. fielder was already there but a fielder from cover came n caught that which is very funny to see. but then it gets irratating. please make sure about this L.M.

10. Manegerial aspect: please have something in this area could be as a patch but please try to include this.

cheers.

1 - yep, shouldn't be too hard to implement
2 - yes, there will be an option to have it on or off (when batting)
3 - yes, i am looking into this...shouldn't be too hard to implement into existing physics model.
4 - time permitting...
5 - time permitting...
6 - yes, i like this too. But longer than 4 years ;)
7 - mmm...not a bad idea, has been mentioned before...undecided yet
8 - definately - this is already catered for
9 - 100% - that's a bug in my book.
10 - yeah, undecided how much managerial stuff i want to include in this version...will make a call after the main game is built.

cheers,

LM

RabbleRouser said:
I've got an idea for the swing system. :cool: Before each delivery, you choose how you want the ball (which side the shiny side is on, angling into/away from the batsman) then the ball can swing according to the position of the shiny side. That means the ball will only reverse swing in the right conditions, unlike on C2005 where it reverse swings from the start and it damp conditions. It makes it alot easier to get the hang of and much more realistic

I like this idea.

Yes, I agree totally with the idea of the way to hold the ball. Perhaps one way it could be done is to only have control of the way you hold the ball, and the way you release it, and you dont choose any different sorts of delivieries, but they come out based on the way you hold the ball, and the way you release it. SO, for instance, you could use the cursor to rotate the ball to the attitude you want to hold it, and then also set a motion for release (like pulling down behind the ball, for backspin, or rolling your fingers across it, for an off/leg cutter, or rotating your fingers along the seam for spin bowlers, etc, do you understand what I mean? This could be hard to implement, I dont know, and it probably would be challenging to use as a player, but it would, I think, provide unlimited variety in deliveries, what does everyone think? Perhaps have it optional which to use??

You dont know wtf u r speaking.
Come with me I will show you what im speaking.
Do u know that Shoaib akhtar learned the art of reverse swing using tennis ball?SAme with AKram who used to play cricket in gullies before entering INTL arena.
Anyway i dont care about kids like you.Grow up and bowl.Then u will know what im speaking.Next time if i see u posting against me i will slap you with my both hands.I have two belts ready for you.

BTW Mad, they would have learned with a tennis ball that had tape on one half, that's how you get a tennis ball to swing. The swing you're talking about while playing tennis, is merely the affect of sidespin on the ball, which changes the airflow over the surface, and causes it to spin (not swing) through the air. I have got that effect too, and I know what you mean, but you are mistaken, it is the spin of the ball, that causes it to move in a motion not unlike swinging, but I assure you it is a different process. Only with tape on one side can you get a tennis ball to swing as if it were a cricket ball. Otherwise, it is a different process of physics and fluid dynamics.

I_LikeMadPeople said:
can we hit the ball with only one hand?Will it increase our stamina?

i see you are back after slightly modifying your name with a new id...that's ok...seems like you have gotten the hint though, cos you have made some constructive posts. Good to see. Anyone is welcome as long as they respect the forum rules and respect everyone else on here.

wrt your question, no... only 2 hands in this version i'm afraid, unless there was a massive outcry about it. Would be nice to have one hand but that's a little bit overkill IMO and the extra resources required to make it happen would not be worth the result.

regards,

LM

legend_master said:
i see you are back after slightly modifying your name with a new id...that's ok...seems like you have gotten the hint though, cos you have made some constructive posts. Good to see. Anyone is welcome as long as they respect the forum rules and respect everyone else on here.

wrt your question, no... only 2 hands in this version i'm afraid, unless there was a massive outcry about it. Would be nice to have one hand but that's a little bit overkill IMO and the extra resources required to make it happen would not be worth the result.

regards,

LM
Im also with you

That idea was suggested by my friend andrew

What about the captaincy of AI?Will it be the same as BLIC2005?Will there be taunts?Will different captains have different set of fields?
What different captainy skills will you keep for ponting and dravid?

Last edited:
How are you going to implement drift? Drift is totally different from swing - it depends on the bowler's action, and it is a bit more controllable than swing, although you can't really get late drift.
Maybe when you're choosing where the seam is, there could also be an option for spin bowlers to choose how much drift they get...

I get drif with my offspin. Just turn you wrist a bit with the ball :)
Only experimented with Tapeball however, so don't know if it is possible with a hard ball...

Hi LM
I have an idea about spin technology in the game,when a bowler ready to release a ball there should be a timer (eg 2 sec for normal spinners and 3 sec for good spinner) to rotate a ball pressing left or right arrow keys repeatedly eg when we press left arrow key for leg spinner 15 times its should equal to 15 revolution and if we press right arrow key for again same leg spinner 15 times its should equal B/W 4 to 10 revolutions depending upon the amount of googly from that leg spinner ,and same for up arrow key for flipper ,same rules for off spinner

I think u Might be able to understand what I m trying to say
This idea also affect fatigue on ur fingers and it feels like actually bowling

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread