TAOC Discussion

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've been around....the odd post now and again...not in this thread though...

s'pose I should do an update....

Things going pretty well. I've almost completed the Night effects for weather, e.g. in a day/night match, including floodlights etc.

We've also decided to release a practice nets alpha (similar to what CR did) in a month or so for people to finally get a hands on feel for the game. It would contain all bowling styles and all batting strokes. We're pretty excited about it as we can finally allow people to see what all the fuss is about in terms of physics and gameplay.

We're also hoping that the excitement generated (assuming it is received well) will spur us on to the finish line for the full game.

More on this in the coming weeks.

cheers,

LM

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Really looking forward to that. I normally wouldn't be interested in a nets training demo sort of thing like in CR but I am really looking forward to see the strokes and deliveries put into the game.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Really looking forward to that. I normally wouldn't be interested in a nets training demo sort of thing like in CR but I am really looking forward to see the strokes and deliveries put into the game.

Yeah, this is more of a tiny preview just to show people what is in store...and something tangible other than screen shots and videos....

It will also showcase the new bowling system and the physics engine.

LM

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
Just a quick question about gameplay. Will this game have very fine edges / appeals for plays and misses? International Cricket Captain does this really well but no 'playable' cricket game has ever really included this key part of the game.

Also I would like to know, once you have completed the rest of the game, how difficult do you think it would be to add a review system, it would really bring another element to the game

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
I thought that first one was a pretty decent question seems as it's a key part of the game - can I have an answer, LM, JK?

Hero

Club Captain
Is the Ai implemented in the game and if so how efficient it will be in alpha stage?

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Have a question.

will it be possible to run between the wickets even if we fail to hit the ball and the ball goes to the wicketkeeper?

in EA and Codemaster games, running between the wicket is disabled if we fail to hit the ball, which can be annoying at times when we desperately need one run to win a close game or change strikes and wouldn't mind risking a run.

Hitterman

International Coach
in EA and Codemaster games, running between the wicket is disabled if we fail to hit the ball, which can be annoying at times when we desperately need one run to win a close game or change strikes and wouldn't mind risking a run.
It's there in Ashes Cricket 2009 and iirc, it was there in BLIC 2007 too :).

William1692

Club Cricketer
Hi all,

I am in progress creating a 3d cricket game. I know you will all be laughing right now after reading this, as would i be if i was in your position too... ;) Believe me, i've been working on this now for 1 year part time and it has been really hard work!

But believe me or not, it is happening already...I have the game engine built and the physics engine in testing, bowling is almost done, batting is being worked on now. Collision is also done. I currently have 2 player models done - generic batsman and generic bowler and have animated them, though still many many more animations to go.

So if there are any modellers out there who would like to help let me know and i will make sure you are all credited and involved first hand in the project.

cheers,

LM

fyi, i will post some teaser screenz soon....

Nice to know time does pass and now you guys are almost ready to release, fantastic. Bet you didnt realise you would need to do as much work as you have when you started!
Great stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread