The Retro Thread

bobgofaster197

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Are BA looking at these forums and listening to these comments? Never see any input anymore from there Devs shame

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think we have to understand they are on a Christmas break right now.

Break or not , they never post on here anymore in anycase , just Ross that now and then chips in to put someone in his place.

Mind you MattW is still here lurking around , being his site and all.

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
AI dismissals have regressed, far too much aerial. Batting is too easy but worse than that is the AI bowling - absolute garbage line and lengths. and then the stumping bug that BA made 1000 times worse by with their "fix".

and somehow the game seems much much worse when you play with the user-created non-licensed teams.
Well I am glad I still stuck with DBC 17 I brought Ashes Cricket but was having so much trouble with not being able to use the academy I gave up. Anyway I have finally found out how to get realistic test matches out of DBC 17 using manual fielding some of the games I have played have been real cliffhangers I think out of the last 7 matches 3 have been decided by 15 runs or less. Ai have been getting excellent run rates and hard to dismiss I played a game against WI and only took 10 wickets for the whole game they made 8 Dec for 509 then 2/237 to win game really tough test cricket

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well I am glad I still stuck with DBC 17 I brought Ashes Cricket but was having so much trouble with not being able to use the academy I gave up. Anyway I have finally found out how to get realistic test matches out of DBC 17 using manual fielding some of the games I have played have been real cliffhangers I think out of the last 7 matches 3 have been decided by 15 runs or less. Ai have been getting excellent run rates and hard to dismiss I played a game against WI and only took 10 wickets for the whole game they made 8 Dec for 509 then 2/237 to win game really tough test cricket

Any bowleds? What difficulty?

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Any bowleds? What difficulty?
Yeah average about 2 an innings and 1 to 2 LBWS a match and I have been changing the difficulty every match ranging from pro to legend but when the AI bats I put batting and Bowling to hard or hardest but I have tried alternating between semi assisted and manual fielding and I always get the better games witj manual fielding. I don't know why but when on manual fielding I get very realistic dismissals no lob shots even the outfield catches are like the batsman slashes at the ball and you get the catches like in DBC 14 where it goes low and to the fielder not lobbed. I have done a lot of testing with different difficulties but the 2 best games have been on legend medium medium and legend hardest hardest. I know manual fielding can be a pain but its like a different game.

pinku

Associate Captain
@wasteyouryouth can i please request you to make me these two Pakistan kits. I have been trying to create them since Dbc14 but could never get the colours accurate. I would appreciate if you could just make the kits for me please

Screenshot_2017-12-29-18-11-07.png Screenshot_2018-01-01-08-43-25-1.png

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I've made the West Indies XI and South Africa XI to cover the two rebel tours for the South African seasons 1982/83 and 1983/84.

Credit and thanks to @Mouseydread for a lot of the West Indies players, @GorgeousGeorge59 for Graeme Pollock and @Llewelynf for the logos.

The likenesses of the other players are done by me, and are the best I can do. Happy for anyone else to edit!

Will share later today.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I guess this belongs here more than anything. I've done kits for the 1992 World Cup. Still need to tweak the pads, hats etc.

If anyone has or wants to make some squads then I can share them for you to add. Happy to help with faces and/or ratings. And if anyone knows the rules for the 1992 World Cup and can get the settings right to create a new match type then share them too, would love to play this.

I'm going to work on 1996 World Cup next, so same goes for those too.
frqSfNO.png

Users who are viewing this thread