The Retro Thread

Dousmith111

School Cricketer
Guys I search via usernames but nothing comes up, whats the proper way to bring up the teams by DON or SFC?

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very disappointing to see that so much has been removed from DBC 14 which was a retro cricket lovers wet dream

Bluebagger

International Coach
It was still lacking compared to DBC 14 though. That game would be perfect if we had a stadium creator for it

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
...and the logo creator. Pretty much perfect retro game then.

Maybe a retro skin for stadia with mechanical scoreboards and ropes, fences, concrete blocks or people's legs for boundaries.

Bluebagger

International Coach
...and the logo creator. Pretty much perfect retro game then.

Maybe a retro skin for stadia with mechanical scoreboards and ropes, fences, concrete blocks or people's legs for boundaries.
Nah the logo creator is crap they looked significantly better on DBC14 if you could find a good enough source image. The logos from 17 were way too pixelated and just didn’t look right at all when viewed at close up. Plus it was much easier to convert the files and replace in game images than using the logo creator.

bobgofaster197

Club Cricketer
I would agree that DBC 14 was a better game for editing but only the pc version really as you can't share pc creations on the console versions

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
In making my 60s teams, to stop the keeper/close im fielders wearing helmets ive had to put the helmet as the baggy cap option. Annoying when the rest of the team is in normal caps when fielding.

Shame there isn't the option similar to batting helmet.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
In making my 60s teams, to stop the keeper/close im fielders wearing helmets ive had to put the helmet as the baggy cap option. Annoying when the rest of the team is in normal caps when fielding.

Shame there isn't the option similar to batting helmet.
Might be wrong, but did players even have helmets in the 60s? Could just set them to individually wear hats or does it not effect the close fielders?

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
Shared my 60s SA, NZ and England. NZ have a rating of 66 and SA 77. Not sure that's right. Especially with England at 92 and Windies on 94.

Any suggestions welcome.

sarkazm

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi all.

Haven't visited planet cricket for awhile and sorry to drop in on this thread as I wasn't too sure where to ask my question. From what I'm reading on these threads, it appears that the Ashes Cricket Academy does not link back to the previous academies from DBC14 & 17. Is this correct?
It is strange considering that most of what is being talked about here has been created before, and while those previous creations may need a tweak or two to update, starting again from scratch could possibly have been averted. Unless the new academy operates totally differently?
Thanks in advance and a big thank you to all those contributing to adding further depth to this game.
Cheers.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi all.

Haven't visited planet cricket for awhile and sorry to drop in on this thread as I wasn't too sure where to ask my question. From what I'm reading on these threads, it appears that the Ashes Cricket Academy does not link back to the previous academies from DBC14 & 17. Is this correct?
It is strange considering that most of what is being talked about here has been created before, and while those previous creations may need a tweak or two to update, starting again from scratch could possibly have been averted. Unless the new academy operates totally differently?
Thanks in advance and a big thank you to all those contributing to adding further depth to this game.
Cheers.
Because BA ditched the publisher's they gave up rights to all that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread