The Retro Thread

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
yes I'm also trying to motivate myself to do all the players, a little burnt out after dbc 17 only a few months ago

mine is burnout, general time around family and work, and the niggle that this game isn't gonna have the longevity for me.

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
have asked in beta. no guarantees

This was one of my gripes about DBC17 and it seems it's carried over to Ashes.

In DBC14 we had all the options we needed to make any player from history. We could have Graham Gooch wearing a plain white grille-less helmet opening the batting with Mike Atherton in a full navy blue helmet and then have WG Grace come in at 3 with a red and yellow hooped MCC cap followed by Mike Brearley with his padded hat thing and then Dennis Amiss in his white motorcycle helmet.

Or Desmond Haynes with his headband followed by Viv in his maroon cap, Clive Lloyd in his floppy white bucket hat and then Richie Richardson in his big, wide-brimmed maroon sun hat.

We lost all that in DBC17.

I know Ashes is a bang up to date product all about recreating the here and now but us old-schoolers feel like we were teased by options in DBC14 that were then removed in later versions for no discernible reason.

DBC17 kits, bats and logos
DBC14 gear and face options
Ashes gameplay and graphics

That would be hell of a game.

Cloud Starkman

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This was one of my gripes about DBC17 and it seems it's carried over to Ashes.

In DBC14 we had all the options we needed to make any player from history. We could have Graham Gooch wearing a plain white grille-less helmet opening the batting with Mike Atherton in a full navy blue helmet and then have WG Grace come in at 3 with a red and yellow hooped MCC cap followed by Mike Brearley with his padded hat thing and then Dennis Amiss in his white motorcycle helmet.

Or Desmond Haynes with his headband followed by Viv in his maroon cap, Clive Lloyd in his floppy white bucket hat and then Richie Richardson in his big, wide-brimmed maroon sun hat.

We lost all that in DBC17.

I know Ashes is a bang up to date product all about recreating the here and now but us old-schoolers feel like we were teased by options in DBC14 that were then removed in later versions for no discernible reason.

DBC17 kits, bats and logos
DBC14 gear and face options
Ashes gameplay and graphics

That would be hell of a game.
Well said Anderson old school is all I feally enjoy playing. DBC 14 was a dream come true I it was just pure bliss having the options we had there it really is a shame that things that were so cool have been removed I was pretty annoyed that we had lest helmets and pads especially the cut of the top WK pads of the 80s missing from Ashes I also loved the open faced helmets they used back then

bobgofaster197

Club Cricketer
Sadly appears BA aren't interested in what the paying customers would like regards the retro equipment as everyone has said it was in DBC14 strange :(

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i added retro sponsors to ashes 1993 teams. also used @Llewelynf england & aus logos too which are more time appropriate than the in-game ones. video below - looks nice i think.

i've uploaded this under mrdconnors but as i've done very little of the work it may be appropriate if @cd779 reshares.

not seen in the below, i also did the Aussie retro helmet with the huge insignia on a maroon shield. to do this is just made an edit of @Llewelynf west indies rebel logo, to get a shield with maroon background, and placed it on the helmet behind the insignia. looks very good too.

cheers.

bobgofaster197

Club Cricketer
Yes anyone with connections with the BA people need to voice this if possible as it looks to be a regression from the original DBC release which baffles me as games should take steps forward or remain the same at least not go backwards I would like to see there excuse for the retro equipment removal as trivial as it may seem

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No old school flower pot hat!! They took it out. WHY!
Dear Blockerdave,
Could you please raise about Retro equipment with MattW and BigAnt .As i am enjoying your creations of retro stuff in both DBC games.

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
I'm working on a 60s NZ, Rhodesia and Ceylon. Just names, roles and some basic faces.

Can anyone find a link to a 60s Rhodesia and Ceylon team. As they were representative sides, i can't seem to find anything. Annoying

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm working on a 60s NZ, Rhodesia and Ceylon. Just names, roles and some basic faces.

Can anyone find a link to a 60s Rhodesia and Ceylon team. As they were representative sides, i can't seem to find anything. Annoying

Rhodesia would have played as a province in the South African Currie Cup during the 60s so you can possibly find info from that. They would also have featured as tour matches for England/ australia tours to south africa.

Also worth checking espncricinfo for England / australia tours to india/Pakistan because they often tacked on matches against Ceylon.

GorgeousGeorge59

County Cricketer
Rhodesia would have played as a province in the South African Currie Cup during the 60s so you can possibly find info from that. They would also have featured as tour matches for England/ australia tours to south africa.

Also worth checking espncricinfo for England / australia tours to india/Pakistan because they often tacked on matches against Ceylon.

Cheers Dave. Got some information on a Rhodesian representative side. As some of the players also play for SA (Colin Bland being the most well known) I've decided to work on SA and Rhodesia. Put Ceylon on the back burner

Users who are viewing this thread