This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Victoria50

School Cricketer
Is there going to be patch to make change colour gloves or equipment
Adavancing in db17 is not good but dB14 its better
Can you play every shot in this game
Can you make stadiums and change the size of the grounds

Kass D

County Cricketer
Just a idea for the beta testers. Is there a way to get boundary lines in for wemans games.

Vamsi2k99

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ease up there kid.
Atleast show some respect to those answering your mimdless quaries.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Catching system for the outfield catches. In 14 and 17 it's just random. You never know whether you have timed the right stick well or not. Is there any sign for this in Ashes.

Can someone from the beta team answer this please. Thank you.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

What does ‘every shot’ mean?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
  • I play with auto fielding so someone else will have to answer fielding questions
  • Chasing AI I have experienced in T20s has been sound. Others will need to share their experiences though
  • Can’t remember scoop, depends how you define ramp, and yes to slow sweep.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Loving every bit of this thread! Much needed I guess.

I have a request, could someone check the instant replay feature? I had mentioned how DBC 14 had it almost perfect but DBC 17 was step back. This was mostly due to the zoom feature not working as effective as the DBC 14 one. If you guys are busy with more important features, that's fine. I'll check it myself once the game releases. Just want to make videos like the ones I did for DBC 14.

Case in point - there was about 5 pages of discussion earlier this week just about the position and curve of the slips and gully and keeper...

Could you also check if Short 3rd Man and Short Fine Leg stand inside the circle?

We have worked a lot on fields. Hopefully any remaining issues will get tightened up post release but there has been huge discussion about when to have a mid off, when it should be extra cover and a square fielder etc.

Once we start having good quality base fields, there could be field changes with regards to captaincy style and bowler's mentality. Those kind of complex strategy based on individuals could probably be looked at in the future iteration but I think the game is going in the perfect direction right now. You guys being beta testers is helping the game a great deal. Thanks for what you are doing, spending your valuable time on something we all love.

Seam control is something we really pushed for. As wealey says we might want a few things different about it but it's still a lovely touch, and you notice it: if you choose an in swinger and place the seam wrong, you won't get the swing.

This is an amazing start! I was hoping for this feature when DBC 17 was in development. Kudos to everyone who backed this. Honestly, this feature once perfected will surely take the bowling to next level!

This reminds me one of Dale Steyn's interviews in which he talked about how he controlled swing. Esp when he was getting too much swing and beating the edges, he would have to negate the swing with seam positions/wrist movements and running angles.

Honestly, that's not the kind of thing I even notice.

^This was referring to a question asking if fielders throw with their dominant hand.

I guess, fielding is the most underrated part of the sport. It's so important that I game of cricket I have played (friendly to district level); the winner was most probably the team with a better fielding unit. In first class or international level, star players who can win games single handed have overshadowed the effect of fielding for most part.

Now seeing this in relation to Ashes and the future iterations, fielding seems to be the final spot that needs some attention. More mo-cap work, variations in being effective at a certain position etc would be essential in making the final product a perfect base game as currently batting and bowling seems to be in very good shape.

Kass D

County Cricketer
  • I play with auto fielding so someone else will have to answer fielding questions
  • Chasing AI I have experienced in T20s has been sound. Others will need to share their experiences though
  • Can’t remember scoop, depends how you define ramp, and yes to slow sweep.

In DBC17 AI don't even realosticly go after 140. How has it change . And dose the AI batsman block the ball in 18th or 19th over like in DBC17

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
In DBC17 AI don't even realosticly go after 140. How has it change . And dose the AI batsman block the ball in 18th or 19th over like in DBC17

I honestly have no idea how you expect that to be answered. How has it changed? They score more runs I guess?

I haven’t witnessed regular blocks in death overs

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Can some one confirm, Does 360 degree shot making means a batsman can flick a ball outside off stump without moving across the stumps ? It’s unrealistic.

Kass D

County Cricketer
I honestly have no idea how you expect that to be answered. How has it changed? They score more runs I guess?

I haven’t witnessed regular blocks in death overs
Thanks mate . I guess it's fair to say they have fixed the issue or made it better

Users who are viewing this thread