OTHER What other sports should Big Ant do?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Planetcricket Life 2015 - build your career through the vbookie route or the staff route. How many CEOs can you upset along the way? Can you keep your patience when dealing with our more colourful members or do you just ban them?

Fe98

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
On a serious note, I'd love if they could make an in-depth cricket manager game (similar to the Football Manager series, seeing that SI Games aren't too interested in it).

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Professional Yahtzee: Blood Sport

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
On a serious note, I'd love if they could make an in-depth cricket manager game (similar to the Football Manager series, seeing that SI Games aren't too interested in it).

Cricket Captain and Cricket Coach...?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yeah there was a lot of chat about that on WGT when they had their kickstarter. Still can't beat WGT for golf though...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Still can't beat WGT for golf though...
Except for the whole paying to be good and the comical hitting of a golf ball around on a photo of a course.

Tiger Woods on consoles is streets ahead of it, just there's nothing on the PC (2008 was the last game that was actually a port of the console edition). Combine that with EA being stagnant with the lack of competition and it's never going to change unless another company enters the market with a console grade title instead of a browser game.

Opinions counter to this are incorrect.

Yeah there was a lot of chat about that on WGT when they had their kickstarter.
Wow, that's a massive failure. Looks like they haven't progressed much since.

umosay

Club Captain
Wow, that's a massive failure. Looks like they haven't progressed much since.

? They have made a lot of progress, but they've also been busy making flyovers and stuff for the PGA tour etc

You can download an alpha driving range version on their site and play around with it (no golfer in it) but you can see and tweak all the ball physics and hit shots etc. They hope to have a playable beta out before March.

WGT is OK and I played it for a while but it gets a bit boring. Perfect Golf will have 40 courses already in the base game! and you can actually fade and draw the ball a lot from what I've tested.

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Except for the whole paying to be good and the comical hitting of a golf ball around on a photo of a course.

Tiger Woods on consoles is streets ahead of it, just there's nothing on the PC (2008 was the last game that was actually a port of the console edition). Combine that with EA being stagnant with the lack of competition and it's never going to change unless another company enters the market with a console grade title instead of a browser game.

Opinions counter to this are incorrect.

My comparison has only ever been to the online PC version of Tiger Woods (now discontinued?).
That was no different in charging you for better clubs etc. I thought all online games made you pay to be good.
It may be photos but to my mind it looks stunning.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It may be photos but to my mind it looks stunning.
And to you Ashes Cricket 2013 looked like International Cricket 2010, forgive me for not taking your judgement on the quality of graphics seriously.

I thought all online games made you pay to be good.
The free to play ones that use that as a business model sure. I prefer playing through a career mode with a created player.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
And to you Ashes Cricket 2013 looked like International Cricket 2010, forgive me for not taking your judgement on the quality of graphics seriously.

Doesn't it? I labour from the slight disadvantage of only owning 1 game that isn't a cricket one.

Users who are viewing this thread