Commonwealth Bank Series (Australia, India, Sri Lanka)

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Now I hope the selectors finally look to youth and start dropping players that aren't performing. Our bowling is in serious need of a swing bowler, this isn't the first series where the opposition bowlers have made our bowlers look like school boys.

Do we have a good swing bowler ?

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
India Owns.
What a match!

And I love this picture:

87996.jpg

WORLD CHAMPIONS

Hilfy! Other quicks that should be considered, Peter Siddle, Brendan Drew, Clint McKay.
Our next lineup should be
Lee
Bracken/Noffke
Hilfy
Hauritz

I agree with the lineup but still feel that Johnson could be effective . The main thing is we are missing 2 good players here.

1.Taity ( get your a** back right now ) :mad:
2. Watson ( why you always busy in injure business) :(

irottev

School Cricketer
Australia were beaten by a worse team then India last year in the final. They'll be glad it's over. Bum games. I think being too long does that. India peaked at the right time and Australia fell away.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Is the bowling really Australia's problem? In my opinion, the batting was there weakness. Their batsmen simply fell too early to build partnerships. Syl, you cannot hastily drop Johnson, he may not be a good Test bowler, nor a pleasing one to watch, but his ODI record does not lie...51 wickets at 25.41 with an economy of 4.80 is superb!

Furthermore, do not underestimate Praveen Kumar who tore the batting line up apart. Praveen is a special bowler, merely being a medium pacer does not prevent him from having unmentionable skill. He swings it massively both ways and even my friends at school asked me who the person was who bowled 'like he had a boomerang' in his hand. He has dominated domestic cricket and he has made the step up in helpful conditions. Also, do not underestimate Sachin Tendulkar, who scored the bulk of India's runs in the two finals (41.6% to be precise); he was the main reason that India trumphed 2-0. When he is on song, few can stop him.

Australia were beaten by a worse team then India last year in the final.

They had many injuries IIRC.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Johnson choked when it mattered needs a stint in domestic to become more consisent. In our 3 losses we were out bowled by the swing and spin of the opposition. Yes our batters went crap but once Ponting gets back to form the rest should follow suit. If we want a guy that is inconsistent bring back Tait, he is a guy that I have faith in to rip a match open.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

Johnson choked when it mattered needs a stint in domestic to become more consisent. In our 3 losses we were out bowled by the swing and spin of the opposition. Yes our batters went crap but once Ponting gets back to form the rest should follow suit. If we want a guy that is inconsistent bring back Tait, he is a guy that I have faith in to rip a match open.

Exactly Tait is an explosive and can easily rip any lineups in ODI . He should have stayed :(

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I'll still stand by my claim that Praveen Kumar is not of international standard. He's taken a few wickets, here, and good on him. But I doubt he'll be able to dominate for a long while.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Congratulations everyone. Tour is over finally. Now back to normal life on Planet Cricket.

I need a break from this tour now, but I wouldnt mind another tour like this. All the controversies made us defend our own teams like our 'own family'. It was a roller coaster ride. But I need a break from all this now, and we have it for an indefinite period of time.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
More or less Everyone believes bowling was weak point for Aussis.But that was not the case..N Bracken was declared Man of the series..B Lee has bowled good throughout the series despite he was not able to take wickets in Final.Jhonson is quality ODI bowler and stats with him..
Actually I felt After tendulkar's wicket Aussis have bowled well and restrict India under 260..looking towards the pitch I don't think 260 was not get able for Aussis..Big disappointments were from Hayden and Symo..If they led Require run rate to climb till 5.50 then they should have finish that..They both got out in one over and For remaining batsman It was real tough..
Hopes was hearty and no doubt he tried his best...
I don't think there were something wrong with Aussis bowling so far.It just some people don't want to give credit to Sachin..I personally feel He has changed the course of both match..And whatever you say about Young newcomers(as far as batting is concerned) without Sachin you would not have beat Aussis in Australia..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
in my books, if tendulkar hadnt played the two finals.......
india would have easily lost.......!! He was the calming factor
among the dressing room...single handedly took the game
away from the opposition in the 1st final and set it up
beautifully in the 2nd one.....!!

dhoni has done a good job but i wont praise him too much !
hes yet to be tested under the "TEST" conditions ;)
plus, i somehow feel he always has a dig at the seniors
whenever he gets an opportunity......

what say ?? :)

Quite true. It was a 'Sachin led' victory for India.

I dont think Dhoni takes a dig at the seniors. He takes a dig at those who have been whinging at the sacking of the seniors. He respects them, but he feels its time to move on. Sachin has proved that he still is very much an integral part of the ODI side. In my opinion, Sachin should remain for as much time as possible and guide this team through the transition phase (we havent crossed that phase yet).

Furthermore, do not underestimate Praveen Kumar who tore the batting line up apart. Praveen is a special bowler, merely being a medium pacer does not prevent him from having unmentionable skill. He swings it massively both ways and even my friends at school asked me who the person was who bowled 'like he had a boomerang' in his hand. He has dominated domestic cricket and he has made the step up in helpful conditions.

I feel sorry because I was the one who underestimated Praveen Kumar too badly. I felt he didnt have the material to succeed in international cricket. But it was all 'starting blues', I think. Praveen's wrist position helps him get lot of swing, and he seems to have increased his pace from the mid 120's to the mid 130's (this was said by Manoj Prabhakar in a recent interview). If Praveen can get more chances and also with the bat, we can see a good player emerging.

On a side note, he got to work on his English soon. He cant skip presentation ceremonies like how he did yesterday. People might not like it.

I'll still stand by my claim that Praveen Kumar is not of international standard. He's taken a few wickets, here, and good on him. But I doubt he'll be able to dominate for a long while.

He seems to me, a surprise packet. I too felt the same way as you, but may be I am starting to change my opinion a bit.

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
More or less Everyone believes bowling was weak point for Aussis.But that was not the case..N Bracken was declared Man of the series..B Lee has bowled good throughout the series despite he was not able to take wickets in Final.Jhonson is quality ODI bowler and stats with him..
Actually I felt After tendulkar's wicket Aussis have bowled well and restrict India under 260..looking towards the pitch I don't think 260 was not get able for Aussis..Big disappointments were from Hayden and Symo..If they led Require run rate to climb till 5.50 then they should have finish that..They both got out in one over and For remaining batsman It was real tough..
Hopes was hearty and no doubt he tried his best...
I don't think there were something wrong with Aussis bowling so far.It just some people don't want to give credit to Sachin..I personally feel He has changed the course of both match..And whatever you say about Young newcomers(as far as batting is concerned) without Sachin you would not have beat Aussis in Australia..

I know our batting was the weak point but when you compare the bowling between India and Australia in the final that says it all. Yes Tendulkar played awesome but put him against the Indian bowling attack and would he have had the same success?

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
I know our batting was the weak point but when you compare the bowling between India and Australia in the final that says it all. Yes Tendulkar played awesome but put him against the Indian bowling attack and would he have had the same success?

Ya definitely Aussis bowlers have set such a high standard for their bowling..And they were no near of that..But I think Batting was far a bit disappointing then their bowling..I think this part of the game..Cricket is always about how you apply yourself on ground..

Users who are viewing this thread