14th Match, Group E: New Zealand v South Africa at Bridgetown

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
10 more runs than I woulda liked. I thought our bowling performance was overall pretty good. I think SA just managed to capitalize on a short straight boundary. What was it? 65m? Morkel hit 5 sixes and his biggest was 70. Southee got a bit hard done by, he hit the blockhole plenty but the straight hit was just too easy to clear. Hopefully we make use of it well too. We should be able to since we're used to that kind of size.

I back us to chase it, but the top 5 have to stand up. It's maybe slightly above par. I woulda liked 160odd a bit better.

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I back Steyn and co. to lead SA to a comfortable win. Agree with hmarka, Morkel is underrated.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
This afternoon is looking much better for batting than yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if SA are 10 runs short. However, NZ will indeed need a strong start from their top order.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
You really can't afford to hit anything catchable to a ring field of De Villiers - Duminy - Gibbs.

Super catch.

Dabi

Club Captain
This afternoon is looking much better for batting than yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if SA are 10 runs short. However, NZ will indeed need a strong start from their top order.

Yeah it does look better for batting but 170 is a high total and a good bowling attack does not change into a bad one because it's a batting track. Although they can have a bad day....*remembers SA vs. Ind*

P

pcfan123

:laugh

Don't even have to say anything. Fails again like clockwork

Dabi

Club Captain
You really can't afford to hit anything catchable to a ring field of De Villiers - Duminy - Gibbs.

Super catch.

To be fair, Gibbs has transformed from a superb fielder to a good fielder in recent years, this catch however was as you state, simply super!

D

Dutch

Meh, game over! Hows that for some Kiwi confidence for you!:p

Kiwis to win: hows that for unadulterated bandwagon jumping for you!

Last edited by a moderator:

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
To be fair, Gibbs has transformed from a superb fielder to a good fielder in recent years, this catch however was as you state, simply super!

I don't know, like I said, you don't want to hit anything in the air, any where near him really, even if he isn't quite as sharp as he once was.

Dabi

Club Captain
I don't know, like I said, you don't want to hit anything in the air, any where near him really, even if he isn't quite as sharp as he once was.

Yeah I do agree, just pointing out that he isn't spectacular anymore, which is a shame.

irottev

School Cricketer
Game over now. As I expected we weren't positive enough early and the rate climbed in the middle. Always happens. The pitch seemed to slow up a bit with Ryder, Taylor and Styris all getting through shots too early.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
McCullum sucks big time!!