Pakistani Tour of New Zealand, Dec-Feb 2010/11

ferg512

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
And the reason that Pakistan isn't involved in the IPL is in all likelihood due to politics between India and Pakistan.

Yes, and I am saying they are doing quite well without it. If you have just made a million dollar deal, your mind is certainly going to be elsewhere. It's like with Victoria last night, played like crap, no surprise about half of them were being auctioned at the same time as the game.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
What a ****en joke, I travel two hours for that ████.
Four dropped catches, and some absolutely terrible batting.

Now we all know why Young had to move to Canterbury to keep, because Hopkins is a better keeper than him. (I'm not referring to batting, just keeping)

Vettori's batting's going downhill at a rate of knots, halfway through last year he was more of a batting AR (he was averaging over 40 over a five year period), now Young's batting above him.

TBH I don't think any changes can really be made, they were all ****en useless, give them all a chance to redeem themselves, as we don't have another test for a long time.

Just had to say it again, but fearsome tweak I'm pissed off.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I've just seen the scorecard and goodness me, I didn't expect that. I stopped watching the game when Pakistan were 9 down. I would of easily expected the game to go into the fourth day. New Zealand only faced 38 overs, being an Australian fan, lately I can understand your pain.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A great and dominating win by Pakistan. I happy that 2011 start with a good performance unlike last year.

Everyone from Pakistan team played well. We have a good batting unit still young but having lots of talent. But still none of our batsmen able to convert his score into something very special. Almost everyone got the start but no conversion which is still a big problem.

I didn't watch NZ 2nd innings but from the scorecard it looks like that the bowlers did a great job to out Kiwis on just 110.

Umpiring was not upto standard, there was lots of mistakes made by umpires. ICC must force in every series to use UDRS.

Overall a happy result for Pakistan. After a long time they are able to win a match with 10 wickets which is great. Misbah did a great job not only with bat but as a captain too since choosing to bowl first was considered as a surprising decision.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Really happy for Pakistan team. They deserve this win. No controversy nothing and a great win. Newzealand deserves only playing against Zimbabwe now :p

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What a flingen joke, I travel two hours for that ████.
Four dropped catches, and some absolutely terrible batting.

Now we all know why Young had to move to Canterbury to keep, because Hopkins is a better keeper than him. (I'm not referring to batting, just keeping)

Vettori's batting's going downhill at a rate of knots, halfway through last year he was more of a batting AR (he was averaging over 40 over a five year period), now Young's batting above him.

TBH I don't think any changes can really be made, they were all flingen useless, give them all a chance to redeem themselves, as we don't have another test for a long time.

Just had to say it again, but fling I'm pissed off.

I still reckon Young is better behind the stumps (though not by a huge margin) and looks better with the bat. Vettori was most likely batting at 8 because of his illness. He's still good with the bat. You can't write him off after these past 4 or so tests.

It was a pretty terrible performance though. Only good things from the test as a whole would be McCullum not getting out too cheaply, Williamson and Guptill showing they can stick around for a long time in the first innings (though not in the second), Arnel's bowling which was better than he's bowled in previous tests and Southee's all-round performance. Best kiwi bowler on display (though he was unlucky not to get a few more wickets) and second highest run scorer

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I still reckon Young is better behind the stumps (though not by a huge margin) and looks better with the bat. Vettori was most likely batting at 8 because of his illness. He's still good with the bat. You can't write him off after these past 4 or so tests.

Hopkins was always pretty decent with the gloves, it's just his batting that wasn't up to international standard. I'm just basing my point of view on him dropping two catches on debut, at crucial times, I didn't seen much of Canterbury's HRV Cup games.

Re Vettori, I actually left the match after his wicket. I knew while he was out there was still a slight chance of him doing something along with Young, Southee, Arnel, and Martin, but once he went it was all over. He's just in no batting form at all really, I'm sure in the next six months or so he'll get back to where he was six months ago. His last six tests innings have been 11, 23, 3, 13, 0, and 3.

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
Vettori: "My blood tests have come back and they were all negative so i'm feeling a lot better but today was pretty terrible."

What happened?

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Apparently on the eve of the test he went down with a fever, but he still played. He was on and off the field when we were fielding, but seemed to tough it out in terms of his bowling. As far as I know it's nothing major, just a small bug.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Loved the looked of Riaz since his debut 5-for in ENG last summer. That spell of his of course reminded me/us so much of the many times in the 90s when Wasim/Waqr would skate through sides with reverse-swing on flat/wearing pitches.

I tell ya if Aamir & Asif came back, an attack of Aamir/Asif/Gul/Riaz of a seaming/bouncy pitch is freaking scary. :eek:

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Didn't see yesterday's play, but by reading cricinfo, Riaz did bowl really well. May have been wrong to judge him so quickly

I tell ya if Aamir & Asif came back, an attack of Aamir/Asif/Gul/Riaz of a seaming/bouncy pitch is freaking scary. :eek:

Yeah, I agree - already saw what Amir+Asif+Gul/Riaz can do this summer. The left-arm swing of Amir, seam+accuracy of Asif, pace+aggression of Riaz and reverse swing of Gul just about equals the perfect pace attack.

Sadly, I don't think we will ever see it.

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah I watched Riaz in this game, and he seemed notably quicker than what he was previously (what I saw of him in England) he was consistenly bowling in the low to mid 140s yesterday, over a 10 over spell.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Pakistan seem to have a surplus of these quickmen, Riaz was generating some good pace yesterday and some reverse swing. While not quite in the Aamer level, Riaz looks to be a more than capable replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread