Mar 19 : Australia vs Pakistan

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
My god how Australia's test attack has missed Lee as a spearhead since 2008. It no coincidence AUS decline in test cricket, started rapidy when Lee last played tests in 2008.

ATS AUS wouldn't mind Windies beating India 2moro, since with that batting form their WC adventure will be over next thursday.:facepalm.

White has to be dropped for that game for Dussey whether AUS play IND/WI however. But then again, their is no guaranteed that will bring back solidity to the top 7.

Tait looked tired today, hardly reached 90 mph except in his 1st over. Hopefully its just a one-off, but this is where the negative impact of picking M Hussey as Bollinger's replacement will come in. Since now if Tait begins to struggle, you would have hoped Nannes could have been called upon immediately - but unfortunately not.

I always had PAK as my second favourites before this WC behind AUS though, so this win again tells me they have what it takes to go all the way. But im watching S Africa now.

Last edited:

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

So true. I remember last WC there were a lot of flags of Pakistan. Its just India that we hate.

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
So who else thinks, Pakistan should be kicked out of world cricket ;). Damn it we ended one of the world sports most formidable streaks. I had said in another thread that we were the last team to beat Aussies in the WC and we will beat them again. We just did.

yap i remember what you said sami, it was a reply for one of my posts when i posted SL will beat AUS first. and they had every chance to do so but rain came in but anyways Pakistan did it and it was always on the cards for me. they just need to be consistant

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I noticed this too, he does seem to be pretty crappy as a wicket taking spinner. He cant do much apart from containing the attack. Also, that 'White fellow has to leave ... he is even more useless.

A bit racist eh :rolleyes

Auwais

International Coach
See what a big difference having a good performance behind the stumps makes, eh Kamran?

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
The only good thing about this result is that even if we lose tmrw, it'll be OK, since Pakistan would have to play england instead of WI. For India, I'd rather face AUS than SL, but there isn't a big gap TBH.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Didn't see much of our innings but I did see Ponting make a half-assed attempt to field a ball not the first time this tournament either. He is clearly troubled by his pinky, no where near 100% and his batting has gone down hill. Don't know who cleared him to play but he should not be playing.

No surprise our attack struggled bar Lee, they are one tricky ponies. England showed how to play Johnson in the Ashes and Tait hasn't been the same for ages. Also the sooner Clarke is back as captain the better, he was using Smith perfectly and it's no surprise he had his best bowling period under him.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Keep pleading to people but unfortunately India haters will always outnumber any haters.

Yeah hate the nation which got you your Independance :facepalm Way to go boy...

Users who are viewing this thread