Mar 24 - Australia v India (Quarter-Final 2)

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I don't know about the feeling and desire of the entire nation of my country Pakistan, but what I have talked to my friends, family, companions, all want to clash with India in the semi-final because they think that if Austrailia gets in form and beats India tommorow, No team can stop them from winning the World Cup.

As far as my opinion goes, I want Austrailia to win this match because I want them to be in some form. I want Ponting to score some runs plus they need to take that revenge from the Warm-up Game.

I was listening to Great Imran Khan, He was saying that India are favourites. The match is being played at Ahmedabad and Bret Lee can not do much in that wicket, that wicket supports the spinners and Austrailia does not have a good bowling line-up. The Pace battery runs in Sri-Lanka but it is difficult in India to get kick off.

I slightly disagree with Imran Khan, I know Austrailia does not have quality spinners but the pace attack of Aussies is lethal particularly if Tait gets in with some rytham.

I don't know about his fitness. Maybe he is not that Match-Fit because his pace is in-consistent and length as well.

Ricky Ponting Performance is the key here. Plus Haddin is not a good choice to open with Watson in my view but I guess Austrailia is short of opetions in the opening department......

Last edited:

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I wish India wins against Aussies tomorrow. Not because i'm Indian but because i'm tweaking tired of aussies lifting the cup :p we need a new champ :D

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hope Sehwag plays tomorrow. He is obviously a very main player of our side.

I feel Kohli should be promoted to bat at 1st down and Gambhir should bat at 2nd down. Kohli has been really good at 1st down and that's the place which suits him the best.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Yup, Kohli at 1 down for me too. It's his natural position. Especially on Indian pitches where he will not get many overs to settle down at #4.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I hope Sehwag plays tomorrow. He is obviously a very main player of our side.

Won't make any difference .. :p
Sehwag averages 22.00 in his last 10 innings against Australia with only one half century to his name.
He has been dismissed by Mitchell Johnson more number of times than any other bowler .

Interesting to see what the Aussies do with Cameron White who has been in awful form in this WC but averages an unbelievable 56 against the Indians ! Hope some people remember his cameo during the one-off ODI early October 2010 , 88 not out off 39 balls .

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Wow. How can anyone argue with that insight?

Hahahah sorry for the typing mistake. It was that because Austrailian team does not have good bowling attack. Lack of spinners, plus Ahmedabad wickets are not suitable for pace bowlers.

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I really wouldn't mind Ponting opening with Watson . Haddin has not lived up to his aggressive nature of batting that he displayed during the CB series . That said , Ponting needs a big score to erase any pressure off his mind . So i really feel the Aussies need some tweaks in their batting lineup .

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Ponting

Ricky Ponting might watching the final game of World Cup 2003 where he scored a century. What an Inning that was.... Probably the best I have watched in a One Day Game. :)

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Ponting will score a blistering ton. You heard it first right here folks :yes

Last edited:

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yup, Kohli at 1 down for me too. It's his natural position. Especially on Indian pitches where he will not get many overs to settle down at #4.

Yes and Kohli is a player who doesn't need much time to settle down. Whereas Gambhir is concern, he doesn't have the patience that is required at 1st down. So many times in the past, Gambhir looked well settled and then played a rash stroke and ended up giving away his wicket. I'm not saying that Gambhir is a bad batsman, he is a great talent but his position usually is opening and not 1st down. Kohli is a batsmen who should bat at 1st down for India, at least in this world cup.

Won't make any difference .. :p
Sehwag averages 22.00 in his last 10 innings against Australia with only one half century to his name.
He has been dismissed by Mitchell Johnson more number of times than any other bowler .

To be honest, I don't believe in what happened in the past. Sehwag has average of 22 in the last 10 innings that he has played against Australia, so what? Does that really make any difference in tomorrow's match, NO it doesn't. Sehwag wont step onto the field thinking that he averages 22 against Australia in the last 10 innings. He'll have in mind that India is playing the match to reach to the semi's and he will also have in mind that he has been in good form in the WC so far. What happened in the past is history, thinking about what happened in the past is not going to make any difference to the present. As far as him getting dismissed by Mitchell Johnson most number of times is concern, all the credit goes to Johnson here. Its his good bowling that has awarded him the prize wicket of Sehwag but all that is past now. What matters is, his bowling to Sehwag in tomorrows match. I'm sure Sehwag will play Johnson more carefully in tomorrows match.

Users who are viewing this thread