Australia in Bangladesh, April 2011

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
Thanks Bangladesh for not scoring much on the board in 50 overs otherwise Watto might have broken Sachin's record easily. :eek:

Anyways, awesome inning that was. I am amazed whether he will repeat this with RR in IPL-4. :cheers

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks Bangladesh for not scoring much on the board in 50 overs otherwise Watto might have broken Sachin's record easily. :eek:

Anyways, awesome inning that was. I am amazed whether he will repeat this with RR in IPL-4. :cheers

Watto will be the one. who will be breaking it sooner than later.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Shane Watson the beast! Surely the best inning played in an ODI ever.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I am just seeing the figures of Watson's 185 runs. 15 fours and 15 sixes.

He got his century (103 runs) of 69 balls. Which means the last 82 runs he got of 27 balls.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I think Mathews has a lot of potential as an all-rounder but I think he's being asked to contribute too much to the bowling and not enough to the batting.

he shouldn't be opening the bowling, so regularly, but he should be coming in at 5 or at least 6.

again with BNG, almost 3 times the runs coming from the lower order. irrelevant given what watson did but the trend continues.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Clarke must be telling Watson "Feed my precious, Feed. I mean prey on the hapless Bangladeshis!".Me Likey!!!

Go Aussie Go!! (Holden Rules ;))

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Just watched the Innings of Shane Watson. What a Batsman he is. He is the player who can break Sachin Tendulkar's 200 runs record. Clearly, the best talent we have in the recent years. I remember watching him batting at number 6 and he was pretty ordinary batsman at that time but look how he improved through dedication, self-belief and hard work. He has the guts of becoming the next Gilchrist as far as hard-hitting is concerned. What a beautiful KNOCK!!!

If he would be at his form in the WC, no way any opposition could bowled him out easily.

Auwais

International Coach
Shane Watson the beast! Surely the best inning played in an ODI ever.
lolwut-269x300.jpg

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Another pathetic display of cricket from Bangladesh, Weldon ICC for giving test states to the joke of a team and blocking teams like Ireland

----------

Just watched the Innings of Shane Watson. What a Batsman he is. He is the player who can break Sachin Tendulkar's 200 runs record. Clearly, the best talent we have in the recent years. I remember watching him batting at number 6 and he was pretty ordinary batsman at that time but look how he improved through dedication, self-belief and hard work. He has the guts of becoming the next Gilchrist as far as hard-hitting is concerned. What a beautiful KNOCK!!!

If he would be at his form in the WC, no way any opposition could bowled him out easily.

come on guys, taking nothing away from watson it was only the bangladesh attack :lol but still he is a one hell of a allrounder (only second best to sakib according to ICC :lol)

Params7

International Cricketer
Watson had 25 overs left to play. He could've potentially made 250-300 here had BD put up the total. I'm reading in his interview that after reaching his 100 Watto was just trying to hit or get out.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I think Mathews has a lot of potential as an all-rounder but I think he's being asked to contribute too much to the bowling and not enough to the batting.

he shouldn't be opening the bowling, so regularly, but he should be coming in at 5 or at least 6.

again with BNG, almost 3 times the runs coming from the lower order. irrelevant given what watson did but the trend continues.

I personally dont think Matthes bowling has much hope of being a consistent long term threat unless he adds on another 5 - 10 mph in pace. He reminds me of a young Steve Waugh & i reckon he will most likely mature as a batsman - while his bowling with just be part-time.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Watson really should have added the fastest 100 by an Australian to his record breaking knock, he froze in the 90s.

We really need to find ourselves a death bowler, Lee is hit and miss in this department not as consistent as Gul, Southee and Malinga. Johnson likewise.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
You lose to Bangladesh but still managed to reach world cup semi's and that's what matters. South Africa beat India but they still don't qualify for the semi's. You should be happy about your team reaching to WC semi's, forget about the Bangladesh series.

I don't think you can sell the Kiwi fans ANOTHER semi final loss in a World Cup :p Yeah I guess they could be grateful to get there, but they've got 6 WCsemi final losses in their trophy cabinet now. However, NO other full strength team has been beaten by Bangladesh in a series, let alone 4-0 - tough to swallow that kind of humiliation, even with a WC semi final to wash it down...

Users who are viewing this thread