Puddle Mafia 04 - Endgame Mafia (barmyarmy, BKB, RPHKR win)

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can't remember how much of a part you played in lynching User, but not being one of the roles in question yourself, it makes it harder. Thedon knowing that he is a cop and Adi knowing he's a mason, and had been suspicious of Colin the whole time, probably could've lead the lynch better than anyone else.

I protected Treva the night I was killed, but had second thoughts after remembering how he was throwing his double vote around that day. Was planning to tell him to chill out had I survived, but didn't get the chance, then he proceeded to throw it around again :p

I don't know why Zhuorb chooses to play town the way he does either. Sure you're never going to get night killed when you don't contribute anything, but then you just piss townies off who are actually trying to play.

----------

and as for Colin, people just wait until he has a sudden epiphany at MYLO, then it just depends whether he's town or mafia that decides who wins. Smurf did a good job by lying and drawing attention to himself, 'cos I was planning to go after Colin that day.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Well that's the thing. I hate to have to keep bringing it up, but it was significant that it was Colin who was doing all this, such as claiming under no pressure.

Because it was Colin, a lot of players were willing to believe his claim without him putting in any real effort. Had it been anyone else, they would've been extensively questioned. He seems to have some sort of power in these Mafia games that others don't.

obviously i am only basing my opinion on this game and extrapolating but there is probably an intimidation factor amongst town. they don't want to question him as he could get them lynched off and people want to stay alive (even though i think vanilla town, in a decent amount of circumstances, should be essentially cannon fodder) and on top of that him being lynched is perceive as terrible for town, so you question him and he is town and lynched it's a huge loss. question him and he survives you may well die.

early on aditya, when apparently wary of colin, asked for colins thoughts. he didn't fos or criticize in any way.

----------

Can't remember how much of a part you played in lynching User.

basically when smurf was lynched i had my lynch on user and was saying smurf is probably right. (which he wasn't, but he wasn't hugely wrong either)

so when smurf got lynched and was trott - whom was presumably town (no matter how much colin pretended he was mafia) but actually vampire i obviously lynced user asap being the main guy attacking smurf, and being under the impression i was going to be under fire.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Before coming into day 6, I was certain I'm gonna lynch Colin. Although, his posts after the night write up, were extremely convincing. Not that, I was at any time very convinced with him but I just wasn't more convinced with thedon's play. I understand we need to support fellow townies but when you do so blindly, mafia can manipulate others to believe that you're working together, exactly what happened here.

Well played to Colin, though. :) And thedon, you think I believe Colin blindly? The guy has lost at least 2 games because of me not trusting him at all when he should've and he won this. :p

----------

@Ste - Well played! Considering the roles and characters of this game, no one could be believed and hence it got me to thinking, that the way you are playing is too good for someone making his mafia game debut. Although, of course that wasn't the case, you were indeed very good. The upcoming games shall be more easier for you, as townie and even as mafia. Good luck! :)

----------

The turning point could well be us lynching User. I was never in favor of that but some other townies were. LVP is understood, we should have trusted thedon but then again, Colin was too good. Thedon saying this "of course whatever I'm gonna say you are not gonna believe and follow Colin blindly", wasn't helping. I would have loved to see more of Zhourb's views on the last day but I guess he posted a few pages back that he's gonna be a little busy in the coming days.

@Sedition - I didn't waste my time on the theory that you and Colin are working together. It's just that, on the last day, Colin was much more convincing to me than thedon. Hence, MVP.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yes, you were blindly following Colin. Towards the end, you were asking me for reasons why I was saying things, when they were in the exact same sentences. It looks like you weren't even reading my posts. Colin on the other hand required nor reasoning in your eyes.

The whole "Colin will win no matter what thing" was completely true, because look what happened. I knew he would turn you onside some way or another, that's why their plan was to get you in the first place and not Zhuorb to lynch one of us.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I considered it a waste of time because you didn't follow through with lynching Colin. When I was actually alive, and was the doc btw, I was waiting for your views on other things, but almost every post was Sedition and Colin. I thought the same about Colin and when I was killed, I figured you were the next best to lead the lynch on Colin.. but somehow User went down instead.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Colin was barely convincing at all, the fact remained that when I got a result, on Ste, it meant nothing, but when Colin got a result on me, it automatically meant I was Mafia. He wasn't looking at things from multiple angles either like I was, he was looking at things from one angle, the only angle he could've taken to prove I was Mafia. That more than anything proved he was lying. He was also constantly twisting everything I said into his favour, very unconvincingly too (though it convinced Aditya and Zhuorb!). His gameplay was good, but definitely very far from flawless.

My analysis of that write-up line was a better clue than anything, I don't know in what world a Mafia rolecop would look for leads or the truth.

You were blindly following Colin in every sense IMO, had it been Sedition you would've done the opposite and blindly lynched him.

Nice theory btw Sedition, isn't it that none of the no lynchers were Mafia:p?

Aditya

ICC Board Member
@Sedition - I persisted with lynching Colin for a long time but no one supported me at that time. After that, I believed that there's no point in persisting with him as no one else is ready to lynch him and hence I looked for other possibilities.

@Thedon - I was very suspicious of Colin earlier, hence didn't want to believe him coming into the last day. Although when he posted his night actions, you were all about lynching him, totally understood. However, what I felt is, you should have shown this approach after User died or supported me while I was saying there can only be 1 tracker and 1 cop in this game but not two. I was supporting you all throughout this game but you didn't support my lynch on Colin, that made a big difference and in the end, I was believing in Colin a lot more.

Last edited:

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Well, straight after User died I did want to go after him. I FOSed him, RPHKR and BKB, all three members of the Mafia perfectly in my first post of the day.

I did support your lynch on Colin..? I wanted to lynch Colin, not User. I was the only one.

It was very hard to support you in anything as you were giving little reason as to why you wanted to go after people, unlike someone like treva who was full of reasoning. In the end, it's not about who supports your lynches and who doesn't. It's about gameplay, and gameplay doesn't mean who supports your lynches.

Granted though, I felt you contributed much more to the game than Zhuorb as at least in some occasions you were willing to display your ideas, and not just evaluating the ideas of others.

In the end, it was mission impossible for me once it was I who Colin wanted to go after. I had to convince three out of three of you to lynch Colin, Colin had to convince one out of three, plus he also had BKB and RPHKR for help, so it was always going to be a win for him. Damn I wasted my time yesterday staying up till 5 since I thought there was a good chance there was only two Mafia and not three (I was toying with the idea but was going to wait at least a day before taking it seriously).

Anyway, enough of that, still keen for an Actors Mafia?

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Yea sure, will take a few hours to start. Gotta sort out the roles first. :)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Puddle Mafia 04 - Mafia Discussion Thread - QuickTopic free message board hosting

Puddle Mafia 04 - Spectator Thread - QuickTopic free message board hosting

The QTs. Aditya and Zhuorb, please don't get mad at me for some of those comments there. :p They were frustration. You guys need to step up. Aditya was at least posting but, Zhuorb didn't even bother, I think. He was made the DV after Trev died so he could have really turned this round.

Ste, I think you played really well. Bulletproof is a tough role and people actually don't believe you as it can be an easy way for the mafia to get away. Only thing which you could have done is, probably posted a bit more and made it look like you were some town PR so that mafia's waste their night kills. But, I know it's not so easy.

Win obviously goes to Colin as he made up some brilliant claims. But, I liked what he posted in the mafia QT. We as a town should have picked up that both BKB and RPHKR claimed last and had all the characters available to claim. Point noted. I've actually learned a lot more in this game. Was really a good one!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'd make two points.
First it's much easier for TheDon than Aditya on the final day to know I'm mafia because I was going after him with made-up results. He therefore knows I'm not town.
Second my record as town isn't that great yet I'm 4 from 5 as mafia. :p

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Also yeah, never lynch the poor tracker when the 2 cops have claimed in addition. Please!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
But claiming cop was an unusual play and I kept TheDon onside till day 6. Final day didn't go great but I think we had set the win up well before then.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I was very suspicious of you on day 5. You did a good job of getting User on your side though.

----------

Why are there always so many guests browsing the Mafia games???

Users who are viewing this thread