Puddle Mafia 04 - Endgame Mafia (barmyarmy, BKB, RPHKR win)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Well played Don! Well played Colin. LVP goes to Aditya and Zhuorb. Town MVP Don. MVP Colin.

Mafia win.

Game could still go on but, I have decided not to do so because of the incompetent town! I will explain how after I come back from playing cricket. Post the QTs if you want. Lot of my posts are sheer frustration there. Also, never ever trust Colin!

----------

Yeah you guys lynched me for no reason. Smurf's lies didn't help either. Don't blame him though as he was the vampire.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
. Don't blame him though as he was the vampire.

what does that even mean? guessing it's selfish town, sort of a solo faction but wins if town wins?

to be fair, as good as colin's arguments were on the last day i was just never going to buy that smurf was mafia, or that colin would have lasted so long in this game with the comments people had made about his standard of play. it obviously made it easier for me to see through his arguments knowings that he was targeting me but it got a little frustrating trying to drive home the point about killing treva and nobody believing it.

I'd have honestly took a stab at someone else who had a chance of being protected than take the guaranteed kill of a double voter who was going to side with me the next day. Was a bit galling to see colin himself say the game is won more with mis-lynches than night kills then everyone pretty much buy his story about having to take the guaranteed night kill of treva over keeping alive the guy who is going to lynch with you... i guess i missed a massive trick in not pointing that out at the time. I nearly did but some potentially lucrative business thing popped up at the time when i was trying to figure how to phrase it and it ended up slipping my mind.

----------

----------

[/COLOR]Yeah you guys lynched me for no reason.

not really fair i don't think. put yourself in my shoes i don't think i had much choice. it was a bit thin i'll admit it but when it's me or you and i know i'm 100% town and I have suspicions of you i'm going to argue as hard as i can to get you lynched.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Well played Don! Well played Colin. LVP goes to Aditya and Zhuorb. Town MVP Don. MVP Colin.

Mafia win.

Game could still go on but, I have decided not to do so because of the incompetent town! I will explain how after I come back from playing cricket. Post the QTs if you want. Lot of my posts are sheer frustration there. Also, never ever trust Colin!

----------

Yeah you guys lynched me for no reason. Smurf's lies didn't help either. Don't blame him though as he was the vampire.

Yeah that's the thing. As soon as it was me up against Colin I knew there was little chance, as evidenced by my posts as soon as he mentioned the guilty result.

----------

I think the vampire is someone who can get converted to Mafia from town, it's in all of PD's games.

----------

Hehe, I guess I was right about that too! My indecision about Smurf being Mafia or not. He was neither!

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
It is if he was targeted at night by the mafia he will convert to their side.

Also Ste, I am sure whatever you may have brought except Don other town players wouldn't have bothered. Aditya would have kept on asking the same question in different phrases while Zhuorb was busy with popcorns despite having 2 votes after Trev was NKed.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
It is if he was targeted at night by the mafia he will convert to their side.

Also Ste, I am sure whatever you may have brought except Don other town players wouldn't have bothered. Aditya would have kept on asking the same question in different phrases while Zhuorb was busy with popcorns despite having 2 votes after Trev was NKed.

lol yeh.

as i said i did suspect colin a bit more than you, but at the time you were lynched all 3 of the tracker/cops were dubious. one had to be either lying or mafia really. There was little chance of me beating colin if we had a defensive shoot-out and thedon seemed to be on my side (and his character seemed so borderline i guessed he'd have lied if anti-town) so i don't think i had much choice.

I don't think i played too badly for my first game, really. had a gameplan for my role, didn't come off and it may have been wrong but i think my approach was at least solid. you will probably all unanimously decide i was pants though now :p

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
You played very well IMO. You were perhaps a bit too prone to actual townies getting suspicious of you, but your plan of trying to get yourself night killed worked. You were perhaps the best townie in the game.

Aditya and Zhuorb were useless agreed, I knew this would be the case, so that's why I wasn't against lynching Aditya even after his claim.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
You played very well IMO. You were perhaps a bit too prone to actual townies getting suspicious of you, but your plan of trying to get yourself night killed worked. You were perhaps the best townie in the game.

Aditya and Zhuorb were useless agreed, I knew this would be the case, so that's why I wasn't against lynching Aditya even after his claim.

are you sure though?

maybe you just think that due to the fact i was on the right track and on your side at the end, so your judgement is clouded a bit? i mean i think i played pretty well, but if i was rubbish i'd rather know.

I might have been overly defensive due to the fact my werewolf games were on irc, with 3 minutes waves if you didn't answer a critic straight away you were lynched. but it was also due to the fact that with my role the only way i could die was to be lynched, if i got a lynched in a soft way then that'd be terrible for the town, and i wanted to keep my role unknown for as long as possible to increase the chances of a failed nightkill, so i wanted to cut off criticism before it got the point i had to claim, because if i claimed it would be bad for town, and probably only keep me safe for one maybe two day phases anyway.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Well for me you were the strongest town player, when you consider we were with Aditya and Zhuorb. User was good as well and got unfairly lynched, partly since treva was the only townie to lynch him really.

Only problem I saw with you is the town (including me before my result) kept getting suspicious of you and I think this made it easier for the Mafia to keep you in the game, as if the heat got directed on one of the Mafia, they could just direct it back to you. So perhaps towards the end you weren't really a candidate for a nightkill and that was your problem. Otherwise your play was great and you contributed a lot to discussions throughout the game, I'd say after myself and Sedition (and perhaps treva towards the end) you definitely contributed the most.

It seems a tough role for a new player to play as they're unlikely to be too valuable to the town in the Mafia's eyes. Colin would be the best bulletproof ever.

I'm keen for some more Mafia. From here on in, there's one thing for all you (Aditya) to learn, you can't trust Colin all the time!

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Very well played mafia! Fantastic game from you all. Poor town play to complement that, apart from thedon who at least was trying to think in the right direction.
A small advise for aditya and zhu, make a stand guys, at this point in the game if you're still hesitant to lynch, the mafia will laugh their way to victory.
Smurf false-claiming came as a blessing in disguise for the mafia because when I was blocked on night 2, my analysis kept hovering on smurf, and this meant I failed to see the other reasons that might have caused my unsuccessful result.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Lol Colin was so obviously mafia. BKB and RPH had me confused, though I was starting to lose my patience with them.

----------

And why did Aditya waste all that time saying Colin and I were working together, then when I'm killed, forgets about Colin altogether? :facepalm I thought you were gonna be a hero in that spot Adi :p

----------

and Smurf wasn't mafia? So he lied about his action in order to catch the mafia out, and got two of our PRs to reveal themselves instead :lol

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Damn, so I guess Smurf must be in the running for LVP too then:lol.

What was your role Abhas?

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
[/COLOR]and Smurf wasn't mafia? So he lied about his action in order to catch the mafia out, and got two of our PRs to reveal themselves instead :lol

well user said he was vampire. and briefly explained that, so it kinda makes sense for how he played. almost. not how i would have played is role but i sort of see what he was trying to do.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Ah right, Smurf was indeed vampire. Can't exactly give him the worst player award in that case then.

I can't figure out how the hell people decided that there can't be two cops and a tracker.. so they lynch the tracker :facepalm Pretty sure I got killed for saying there can't be two cops and masons and I don't buy Colin's story or why he even bothered claiming if he was actually a cop.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I can't figure out how the hell people decided that there can't be two cops and a tracker.. so they lynch the tracker :facepalm

yeh that looks really bad now... in hindsight it should always be one of the cops who get lynched - obviously there can't be these roles all being pro-town without it being unbalanced so one has to be anti-town. maybe i should have risked sacrificing myself and gone for colin even though it's unlikely to get him lynched then?

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Well that's the thing. I hate to have to keep bringing it up, but it was significant that it was Colin who was doing all this, such as claiming under no pressure.

Because it was Colin, a lot of players were willing to believe his claim without him putting in any real effort. Had it been anyone else, they would've been extensively questioned. He seems to have some sort of power in these Mafia games that others don't.

Users who are viewing this thread