Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I recently had problems connecting to PSN gave me error error error, (also DBC14 would not update online career scores etc..)

So i googled and googled and found this:

Solution for your DNS error (80710102) problems! (... - PlayStation? Forums

I changed the DNS IP according to above and have had zero problems since... I do not, however play DBC14 online so I would be interested if someone who does may want to experiment with a friend and both change the DNS IP and see if it improves?

Cheers

Couple of recommendations from my side before folks decide to change their DNS...

1. Use utilities such as DNSBench to determine the best DNS for your location. I wouldn't be surprised if your ISP has the fastest DNS. Look at google DNS, open DNS, verizon's DNS etc. before you make the call.

2. Even if you have decided to change the DNS, have a different primary and secondary DNS. For example I have my ISP's DNS as the primary one as it's the fastest, and I have Verizon's DNS as the secondary one as it was the 2nd fastest for me.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
In my case is was working vs not working (connecting to PSN), I will however put back my ISP's DNS as secondary... will monitor

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Please don't divert from the real issue and the whole issue that i had raised. P2P or server, thing is something bad has happened in last 5 days and
1. its not our connections that are at fault,
2. if it was PSN then their should have been fault during online play with other games as well, which was not.
INFACT its not just the frequency of disconnections that has increased, frequency of grounded ball given out and bowled being given wide has increased 10 times, now anyone can wonder as to how frequency of bug can increase, well i also don't know how, i am here just to inform.
Regarding your pro tip : I am just a gamer, and not a tech guy, so sorry, my bad.
Anyways i have my own Pro Tip : Better to give reply to whole query and not just handpick lines

When you connect online we have NO hardware involved, we cannot change your connection speed even if we wanted too. Your machine is not talking to any of our machines.

There has not been an update from us in the last month, we cannot have changed anything, the code running on your machine has not changed.

Is that clear enough?

kasabian21

International Coach
I did not see this in the list of changes. Is a field aerial view now going to be displayed on the screen respective to the camera angle chosen? Or the two-second delay before the start of a delivery is the answer for the online portion of the game? Thank you.

Thanks for the response. I'm not talking about stupid runs, I'm talking the reaction of the batsmen differing when there is a small gap between run and cancel. The ambling back seems to cause the run out (along with extreme accuracy of the mid-on fielder). BUT it can live with it.

However, there is another run out bug I've experienced a few times an the fact I've just been run out for 84 in career mode because of it I thought I'd raise it. Basically when you're the non-striker and the striker hits the ball straight back at the bowler and he fields it (without diving), the game seems to want to skip to the post-bowl/dead ball stage, which means the cancel run button (which you need to use as you're always a few yards down the pitch having automatically backed up) doesn't work and you're stranded a few yards down the pitch There's been a few instances where this has happened and there is literally nothing you can do to stop it.

Cheers!

Mr Snrub

International Coach
When you connect online we have NO hardware involved, we cannot change your connection speed even if we wanted too. Your machine is not talking to any of our machines.

There has not been an update from us in the last month, we cannot have changed anything, the code running on your machine has not changed.

Is that clear enough?

If he does eventually grasp what you're saying Ross, it'd be the next logical and decent step to apologise for incorrect assertions. I'll start holding my breath for that now. :p

neelesh

School Cricketer
Hey team...any update on hows testing gone through and if patch would be out this weekend

Mingothehobo

School Cricketer
What to people not understand about the status of the patch? I cannot see why people are confused/mad about this. Honestly, just chill out and be patient. I have no doubt that we will get it as soon as we can, but in the mean time stop having a go at the team.

neelesh

School Cricketer
What to people not understand about the status of the patch? I cannot see why people are confused/mad about this. Honestly, just chill out and be patient. I have no doubt that we will get it as soon as we can, but in the mean time stop having a go at the team.

I think you have misunderstood friend..I bought game yesterday and played 5 hours non stop and would really like to thank Ross and his team for wonderful game....I was just very curious as need to go to job from tomorrow and did not mean to have a go...Also I am software tester, so I do understand its not easy as we need to run test cases around fix and regression so that nothing else is broken...Anyways I am loving the game and apologies for any misunderstanding...and Thanks a lot Team again

Last edited:

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
The 2 things that annoy me the most and hence would like to see fixed in patch 2 are:

1. Over zealous fielders/ catchers...basically they run faster than the speed of the shot and somehow catch it within the boundary!
2. Very importantly, I need a small screen either on left or right side of the playing screen with current fielding map. The AI changes fielders very quickly in this game hence need a small map always on the screen to keep track of those changes as a batsman.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think you have misunderstood friend..I bought game yesterday and played 5 hours non stop and would really like to thank Ross and his team for wonderful game....I was just very curious as need to go to job from tomorrow and did not mean to have a go...Also I am software tester, so I do understand its not easy as we need to run test cases around fix and regression so that nothing else is broken...Anyways I am loving the game and apologies for any misunderstanding...and Thanks a lot Team again

The situation is even worse here, bro, because it's an external testing team that are checking the patch - so it's not like Big Ant even have any control over when the testing gets done, or how much effort goes into it.

I'd also point out that Big Ant probably don't get any feedback as to how things are going, or how far through the test the external team are, which makes asking questions about "how soon!" a little bit pointless.

Alberts

International Coach
PC version prepurchased, Xbox 360 in the cupboard.

Bring on Thursday.

naveen077

School Cricketer

Is that clear enough?

We have a group of people on fb where we run online tournaments. And each and everyone has experienced the same thing in last few days, i just wish to inform you, if u want to look into the matter then fair enough, if u want to wash your hands off the matter by blaming my connection or PSN servers then its your choice.

----------

If he does eventually grasp what you're saying Ross, it'd be the next logical and decent step to apologise for incorrect assertions. I'll start holding my breath for that now. :p

I am not here to make incorrect assertions, why would i ? I am just reporting the issues which we online gamers are facing.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We have a group of people on fb where we run online tournaments. And each and everyone has experienced the same thing in last few days, i just wish to inform you, if u want to look into the matter then fair enough, if u want to wash your hands off the matter by blaming my connection or PSN servers then its your choice.

----------

I am not here to make incorrect assertions, why would i ? I am just reporting the issues which we online gamers are facing.

You made the assertion that BAS can choose to "wash their hands" on the matter.

BAS keep pointing out that the problem you're reporting can not be attributable to them.

Can't. As in, it's physically impossible that it's anything to do with BAS. This also means they can't fix it. Therefore, they cannot choose to "wash their hands"

This would be the nature of the incorrect assertions you are making.

Users who are viewing this thread