Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Don't see any point in console/PC pissing war. If you like xbox, go for it. If you like ps3/4, by all means and if you prefer PC nobody's stopping you. That's the beauty of having a choice - you can do whatever you want to do without slating others for theirs'.

----------

I just had to say that, (as expected) PC users are currently ripping off Don Bradman Cricket '14 faster than any other format. Despite console versions releasing much, much earlier and the PC version being out around 24hours.

How can you know this for sure?

Mr Snrub

International Coach
How can you know this for sure?

I also don't care what format people buy games on, although the debate was initiated by someone talking about how consoles are the ruination of gaming.

Anyhow, how do I know this for sure? I don't like bringing things like this to the boards because they sure as heck don't need the attention, but it didn't take long to check around some disreputable sites and see how many people are "exchanging" the PC version. :mad Which annoys the hell out of me and presumably other people who've either bought this game on PC or are thinking about it. It's to the point where it massively outstrips (over 10 times by the look) console users.

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Who told you they charged money for patches ? microsoft stopped charging any money for patches after april 2013, so they can update it for FREE...

That's just not true.

PS: Can I get you to pay the imaginary bill?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I also don't care what format people buy games on, although the debate was initiated by someone talking about how consoles are the ruination of gaming.

Anyhow, how do I know this for sure? I don't like bringing things like this to the boards because they sure as heck don't need the attention, but it didn't take long to check around some disreputable sites and see how many people are "exchanging" the PC version. :mad Which annoys the hell out of me and presumably other people who've either bought this game on PC or are thinking about it. It's to the point where it massively outstrips (over 10 times by the look) console users.

Quite sad really.

riseinflame1

School Cricketer
Back to the point plz?

i dun care if people like pc,ps3,ps4,xbox one or xbox 360... or even the wii

but can i get a reply from BIG ANT STUDIOS on a question actually related to this post?

when is the patch 2 coming so that on my ps3 i can play career batting on rookie difficulty?
i have spent 4000rs and thats a lot in india to buy this game. and i really wanna play batting career mode without having to eat my head out.... so please can someone from the studio actually give an update on as to when the patch comes out???

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
"Outcome pending".

They aren't arbitrarily waiting for a date, it is going through testing procedures that could finish in a few days or a few weeks. They can't tell you.

Mingothehobo

School Cricketer
"Outcome pending".

They aren't arbitrarily waiting for a date, it is going through testing procedures that could finish in a few days or a few weeks. They can't tell you.

^This

Is there someway of closing this post or something? It's now 100 pages of circular discussion where people don't understand "ETA" or "Outcome Pending" or that the PC doesn't need patch 2 because it is built in.

husain geek

School Cricketer
i dun care if people like pc,ps3,ps4,xbox one or xbox 360... or even the wii

but can i get a reply from BIG ANT STUDIOS on a question actually related to this post?

when is the patch 2 coming so that on my ps3 i can play career batting on rookie difficulty?
i have spent 4000rs and thats a lot in india to buy this game. and i really wanna play batting career mode without having to eat my head out.... so please can someone from the studio actually give an update on as to when the patch comes out???
Ya me too the game is very difficult to bat with in career in pro. After the patch I look to start at the age of 31 on rookie or amateur.

naveen077

School Cricketer

Rabin

School Cricketer
Ya me too the game is very difficult to bat with in career in pro. After the patch I look to start at the age of 31 on rookie or amateur.

A PS3 friend of mine told me tonight that he finds it easy to get high scores in career mode because the fielding 'follows the last ball'. I see no reason he'd lie to me and I have watched him get pretty high scores in his career games.

Put simply, he says if you drive to cover, the AI moves a fielder over there. You just look where he came from and aim there with your next shot and so on.

Now, maybe he is just really good at the game, because I can't bat for dingo droppings and especially can't aim that precisely, but it certainly works for him. He's in his second career year and expects an England call-up with 1900 runs scored, 5 of them centuries.

border33

Club Captain
Isn't that the whole point of Cricket? Hit the ball into the gaps to score runs..unless I've totally misread the game for my whole life!

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well here is the link which says microsoft has stopped charging money for patches, Microsoft no longer charges developers to patch their Xbox 360 games • Eurogamer.net

Is sony charging money for patching up the game ? If yes, then we dbc gamers can lodge an online protest with sony. Please let me know.

Read the article in full..

"Microsoft eliminated fees for Title Updates on Xbox 360 Arcade games in April 2013"

This is the list of Xbox Live Arcade games I believe they are referring to as being excempt from this charge.

List of Xbox Live Arcade games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-edit-

I do note it does say further down in the original story section..

"This remains the case, but sources have told Eurogamer that subsequent re-certification as a result of a title update is now free. This applies to Xbox Live Arcade games and full retail games."

However, as that same thing says.. it's source is 'sources'.. this is not a confirmed advice from Microsoft, Microsoft appear to only officially said 'Arcade' games.

Last edited:

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Isn't that the whole point of Cricket? Hit the ball into the gaps to score runs..unless I've totally misread the game for my whole life!

Yes and the game nails that but where i would love to see it go is bowling better patterns for the fast men, also the AI still change the field to much. PS leaving the ball is hard because the AI bowl all over the place like a rookie not a test bowler.

Users who are viewing this thread