Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

I was under the impression (rightly or wrongly) earlier in the thread that submission and approval takes approximately a week.

Seeing as the last information of submission (and failure to gain approval) was over a week ago, it would at this time seem possible that the patch may have failed approval again for a different reason?

I guess we're all less in the loop than we were earlier in the tale of patch 2, due to some posters and their demanding/let-down-for-no-reason attitude.

I'm not annoyed at all or anything like it, I just hope we all get to find something out soon, even if it is that it's failed submission again. For me that would enable me to scrap this weeks DBC '14 Friday Night tournament with my friends and perhaps let them know soon that it'll be a Fifa World Cup Tournament for the evening. The bugs in the current version of DBC '14 have started to lessen it's longer term appeal for my group at least, as many tournament results have hinged on odd dismissals.

Soccers good, cricket's much better.

Last edited:
I was under the impression (rightly or wrongly) earlier in the thread that submission and approval takes approximately a week.
This would explain it taking longer:
Having failed submission in the past there is closer scrutiny over the subsequent submissions. This is our fault not the platform holders, we have to bear the responsibility for the delay, we will find a way of making it up to the console owners at some point down the track.

Having failed submission in the past there is closer scrutiny over the subsequent submissions. This is our fault not the platform holders, we have to bear the responsibility for the delay, we will find a way of making it up to the console owners at some point down the track.

Free Cheerleader and Helicopter shot DLC confirmed!

This would explain it taking longer:

Yeah it would, thanks for that Matt. It doesn't seem there's a whole lot of patch updates coming through on Saturday or Sunday's though, so in any case if it doesn't come through in today (which is seeming less likely by the hour), it's appearing to be a next week situation at best.

If only my PC was good enough (it's almost) and I had wireless controllers for it and a hook up to my larger lounge screen for it, etc. Then I'd buy it on Steam too. :(

----------

Free Cheerleader and Helicopter shot DLC confirmed!

I'm thinking possibly could be more like extra customisation options in relation to bats/clothing/options etc, but who knows. Will be a good bonus whatever it is. :)

:( :( :( :) :) :)

well matt thanks for the reply.. but honestly... i hope to see the patch soon... i feel like Im being denied of a part of the game from being played.... I'm not a pro gamer like most and i enjoy playing cricket on easy difficulty.... i hope to see this patch really soon....

in all honesty.. its the best cricket game I've really played... but i think it still needs a lot of work.... but i guess since its your first cricket game... i'll still have to say WELL DONE!!! i truly have enjoyed this game till now.. just await the long awaited patch 2 so that i can finally start career mode.. the part of the game i was really looking forward too!!!

Seeing as the last information of submission (and failure to gain approval) was over a week ago, it would at this time seem possible that the patch may have failed approval again for a different reason?

I guess we're all less in the loop than we were earlier in the tale of patch 2, due to some posters and their demanding/let-down-for-no-reason attitude.

I'm not annoyed at all or anything like it, I just hope we all get to find something out soon, even if it is that it's failed submission again. For me that would enable me to scrap this weeks DBC '14 Friday Night tournament with my friends and perhaps let them know soon that it'll be a Fifa World Cup Tournament for the evening. The bugs in the current version of DBC '14 have started to lessen it's longer term appeal for my group at least, as many tournament results have hinged on odd dismissals.

Soccers good, cricket's much better.

It hasn't failed submission, it is again in the position of one platform pass and another yet to do so. There are events beyond our control that are causing delays for all game/patch submissions globally for one platform.

Barring another failure it should be out soon but definitely will not be today or the weekend.

I have to differ on your point on the way testing was done. I have been a game tester and the games have been tested for hours by playing the complete game in all difficulty till the completion.

Also with online games, we used to test with different internet service providers, connecting from different locations in the city and also connecting between testers here and US.

So I feel the testing could have been done with much more planning, so that more issues could have been found before releasing the game

Things must be different where you are. The people I know who test for Sidhe certainly don't test the way you're suggesting. Were you working for a major company, where they have the time and budget to do that kind of thing?

Also, did you ever see a release that was bug free?

Things must be different where you are. The people I know who test for Sidhe certainly don't test the way you're suggesting. Were you working for a major company, where they have the time and budget to do that kind of thing?

Also, did you ever see a release that was bug free?

There are no games that will be bug free. But there should not be any bugs in the game which can be easily observed by the end users. For us when we did testing, we are forced to find out each and every bug in the game, because if the game fails the submission then the testing company will be penalized for going for re-submission as the defects were not found by us.

The time and budget depends on the development team on how much testing is needed for the title and planning by the testing team on how many people required and what kind of testing that needs to be carried out for title.

Well here is the link which says microsoft has stopped charging money for patches, Microsoft no longer charges developers to patch their Xbox 360 games • Eurogamer.net

Is sony charging money for patching up the game ? If yes, then we dbc gamers can lodge an online protest with sony. Please let me know.

The press don't actually make games or patches, they report what "sources" tell them.

----------

There are no games that will be bug free. But there should not be any bugs in the game which can be easily observed by the end users. For us when we did testing, we are forced to find out each and every bug in the game, because if the game fails the submission then the testing company will be penalized for going for re-submission as the defects were not found by us.

The time and budget depends on the development team on how much testing is needed for the title and planning by the testing team on how many people required and what kind of testing that needs to be carried out for title.

This latest issue is based on having 100 friends and manifests itself in different places with different results, we wouldn't have found that in normal testing (and didn't).

We're fixing the bugs pretty damned quick though!

It hasn't failed submission, it is again in the position of one platform pass and another yet to do so. There are events beyond our control that are causing delays for all game/patch submissions globally for one platform.

Barring another failure it should be out soon but definitely will not be today or the weekend.

To me that's good news that it hasn't failed and that it's possibly down to some delays in testing with one platform. Good to know what the situation is and can now focus on what formation I'll be using in a Football World Cup tonight.

Fingers crossed that things work out next week. :)

Thanks for the After Sales Effort @BigAntStudios

The point that I have also brought up regarding the QA (and I believe you have taken note of it before) is this :

If it was released to a small Beta Testing Group of say 50 (like Blizzard does for example) it could have been play tested on a much much larger scale and 50 % + of the more obvious bugs would have been picked up if this were allowed for a 2 week period at least.

Please bear this in mind for future iterations , as I think it would better the game significantly upon release .

I believe in let bygones be bygones , as long as there is lessons learned. At least you guys are trying to rectify what went wrong and for that you have to be commended.

The fact the the world cricket gaming community is in a state of accept/be gratefull of whatever we get is sad , and unfortunately you guys have fallen into the trap by not releasing it in a more final polished state. So we will continously have the fan Boys(Gratefull Cricket Tragics thats just happy their is some cricket game to play) and the realistic critics on the other side , that is rightly new to the genre and are rightly pointing out all the mistakes made.

Hopefully this will all blow over once Patch2 releases into the world , as I believe that this will be the state of the game , that Ross and Co would have envisaged it to be upon release.

You're making it sound like the game was an unplayable mess that shouldn't have been released...

Ever the negative bloke hey Snowey .

Ive not said it , otherwise the 180 plus online matches Ive had the last two months would not have been possible. "Final more polished state" does not mean the prior version is unplayable mate .:)

Users who are viewing this thread