Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Alberts

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thanks for the After Sales Effort @BigAntStudios

The point that I have also brought up regarding the QA (and I believe you have taken note of it before) is this :

If it was released to a small Beta Testing Group of say 50 (like Blizzard does for example) it could have been play tested on a much much larger scale and 50 % + of the more obvious bugs would have been picked up if this were allowed for a 2 week period at least.

Please bear this in mind for future iterations , as I think it would better the game significantly upon release .

I believe in let by gones be bygones , as long as there is lessons learned. At least you guys are trying to rectify what went wrong and for that you have to be commended.

The fact the the world cricket gaming community is in a state of accept/be gratefull of whatever we get is sad , and unfortunately you guys have fell into the trap by not releasing it in a more final polished state. So we will continously have the fan Boys(Gratefull Cricket Tragics thats just happy their is some cricket game to play) and the realistic critics on the other side , that is rightly new to the genre and are rightly pointing out all the mistakes made.

Hopefully this will all blow over once Patch2 releases into the world , as I believe that this will be the state of the game , that Ross and Co would have envisaged it to be upon release.

What they could do in the future is use a beta phase for the next game through the computer platform as a way of testing and patching bugs rapidly on the way to the proper release (including consoles).

The big issue seems to be how contracts are drawn up though, from what I can tell, to get it on the Xbox 360 and PS3, it needed to be solely on them for at least 2 months (hence the release date of the PC version) and that any beta trial stage for the PC would need to be after the date of the PC version, which would have only served to delay the release. That then asks the question of PS3 and Xbox 360 betas, which to my knowledge are pretty much exclusively in house. If that's the case, then they can't really test it as effectively.

Ultimately I'd hope they look to the PC for a beta phase next time so when it hits shelves it comes out already polished, as that would be the best show for new buyers to keep building their growing reputation, but it is never simple, particularly when dealing with the console overlords.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Ever the negative bloke hey Snowey .

Ive not said it , otherwise the 180 plus online matches Ive had the last two months would not have been possible. "Final more polished state" does not mean the prior version is unplayable mate .:)

Disagreeing with you does not mean I'm being negative. In fact, I clearly have a more positive perspective on the state of the initial release than you.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We did release it to a reasonably wide and geographically distanced set of users for Beta, some of them on these boards - none of them or ourselves had 100+ friends in our accounts and therefor did not face the issues.

Stuff sometimes happens, we cleaned it up as soon as we could, and in this case it took a savvy user to find the issue.

Last edited:

Chief

Panel of Selectors
The press don't actually make games or patches, they report what "sources" tell them.

This is bang on.

No-one knows for sure except people under NDA, who cannot say. So rumours is all you have out there in the wild.

Also when people refer to "sources", rather than name their source, it's because somebody somewhere is saying things they shouldn't. And if they're the sort of person that would contravene their agreements, it's probably not information you should be 100% trusting.

----------

What they could do in the future is use a beta phase for the next game through the computer platform as a way of testing and patching bugs rapidly on the way to the proper release (including consoles).

The delay of the PC titles is usually more to do with the fear of piracy than anything else. Certainly for a lot of types of game, most of the money is in the console market and so publishers don't want a PC version out at the same time. There's also extra work in the PC version required (compatibility with different setups/OSs etc) that takes a lot of time to sort out (and test) so it is generally planned to come later.

I think a closed BETA is the way to go next time, now that the game is up and running on all platforms.

By the way, if you look at most examples of "exclusives" (and you can go back to PS2 days on this) you will see that there is seemingly no restrictions from platform holders about PC. Rival *console* platforms maybe.

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well if its any consalation to anyone,i am playing the patched version on pc and its great.:yes

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We did release it to a reasonably wide and geographically distanced set of users for Beta, some of them on these boards - none of them or ourselves had 100+ friends in our accounts and therefor did not face the issues.

I was one of a few who had access to the PC pre-release beta, SO; Anyone who has a problem... COME AT ME, BRO. Cause I failed you, Apparently. I don't have 100 friends on Steam, cause I'm often found outside the house. If anyone has an issue with the beta testing, fire shots my way, certainly nothing to do with Big Ant Studios or whatever conspiracy theory the crazy folk are coming up with now...

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Seriously? Have some perspective.

Can you imagine EA coming out on social media and saying 'Our patch submission got rejected'?

YouBears

School Cricketer
It hasn't failed submission, it is again in the position of one platform pass and another yet to do so. There are events beyond our control that are causing delays for all game/patch submissions globally for one platform.

Barring another failure it should be out soon but definitely will not be today or the weekend.

I know you're probably unwilling to name them... but I wonder if this is anything to do with Sony pushing store updates once a week on PS3? I could be well of the mark and maybe it was to do with demos, but I seem to recall demos only being posted on Tuesdays for PS3, wonder if this could be something similar.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
I know you're probably unwilling to name them... but I wonder if this is anything to do with Sony pushing store updates once a week on PS3? I could be well of the mark and maybe it was to do with demos, but I seem to recall demos only being posted on Tuesdays for PS3, wonder if this could be something similar.

The PSN store (and I think XBLA as well) is updated once a week (albeit on different days to each other). Patches don't fall under that category and can go live at any time (once approved obv!)

YouBears

School Cricketer
Ah ok cheers. By the way, I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the Xbox Marketplace works like that. I think i've known things to be added at many different times, often taking people by surprise. Could be wrong though.

Users who are viewing this thread