Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
it is again in the position of one platform pass and another yet to do so. There are events beyond our control that are causing delays for all game/patch submissions globally for one platform.

^ This.

twoplustwois

School Cricketer
Hi guys,

new to the forum - long time player.

Any word on release dates for patch #2 ? I play on PS3 and having experience from SNES International Cricket, Shane Warne Cricket 99 and all games since, this one is by far the best we've ever had to play!

Few notes on the game from me;

1. Amateur level on career is going to be awesome
2. Keeping the fast bowlers pace for more than 2 overs is going to be awesome
3. Showing wickets in replay, especially LBW and Bowled including the hawkeye would be great
4. so keen to play a straight drive without getting caught and bowled. thats really crap and hopefully fixed on patch #2

cheers all

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Because he scored more than half of the runs for the entire team.

If you're getting figures of 6/17, the issue isn't the selection of MOTM it is your selection of difficulty level.

Sorry Matt but i'll have to disagree with you there. India won the match and Kumar took over half the wickets so really Kumar should've been awarded MOTM.

Playing on the lower difficulties shouldn't really have an impact on who gets MOTM either in my opinion.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Hi guys,

new to the forum - long time player.

Any word on release dates for patch #2 ? I play on PS3 and having experience from SNES International Cricket, Shane Warne Cricket 99 and all games since, this one is by far the best we've ever had to play!

Few notes on the game from me;

1. Amateur level on career is going to be awesome
2. Keeping the fast bowlers pace for more than 2 overs is going to be awesome
3. Showing wickets in replay, especially LBW and Bowled including the hawkeye would be great
4. so keen to play a straight drive without getting caught and bowled. thats really crap and hopefully fixed on patch #2

cheers all

1. It is
2. Ditto
3. Still doesn't show them all but you can bring up hawkeye at any time
4. Still a lot of catches going to the bowler on straight drives imo but better.

Patch will come when it comes; out of Big Ant's hands at this point.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
How long is this patch going to take? Seriously!!! It has been more than 2 weeks and no sign of patch 2. This game is rubbish with all the bugs it has. Total waste of money!!! Yes it is the best cricket game so far but that is not because this is a great game but only because other cricket games are trash. If someone is still going to say I am talking rubbish then take a look at the following screenshot.

View attachment 126822

How is George Bailey getting MOM??? Can Big Ant please explain the logic behind this? There are ton of other bugs in the game but this one is a minor feature which could have been implemented with ease but NO...it is also flawed. How hard is it to determine MOM from a given scorecard? All it should take is some testing on the algorithm being used :facepalm

Can we please have patch 2 so this game can at least be playable? I know you are still waiting on the outcome of the submission but you can at least put some pressure from your side to hurry the process up. All these patches could have been avoided in the first place by living up to the hype of the game right? All the hype that was created assured that this will be the cricket game with everything right but instead it is full of bugs just like Ashes cricket 2013 but a little better.

actually, coding a MOTM feature, with all the variables - conditions, match situation, performance of other players, match result etc. is extremely difficult. yeah you've got a pretty odd result there, but the feature itself is not just a simple thing to implement

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Sorry Matt but i'll have to disagree with you there. India won the match and Kumar took over half the wickets so really Kumar should've been awarded MOTM.
But it's an explanation of 'how' - it's probably not the right MOTM, but it's reasonable to see how it's possible that the game arrived at that as the decision.

It's not as if the MOTM was awarded to a random player - they both had significant contributions to the match, so it certainly doesn't warrant the degree of outrage about it.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
So...... I bought the PC version on Thursday. (I already have 360 version) I read the spec requirements someone kindly posted elsewhere and I was just under his recommended specs but over minimum and even with full high settings it runs beautifully.

As ever I started with career bowler -

Firstly no stupid run outs. At all. +1
No silly AI aggressive over the top shots in first class games. +1
A few more edges! Most are wkt keeper takes but I've had a catch at first slip and second slip and an utterly amazing gully catch off a flashing drives edge that had me out of my feet cheering as if it was a real game! +1
AI fields to me when batting are a bit more sensible +1

Minor faults-

Catches seem to be registered as C&B. Which is ironic as I still cant do an actual C&B (I use auto fielding) Perhaps that could be fixed? (both cases)
Ball doesn't swing. On 360 I had gotten the swinging ball down on PRO. Now I got my inswing stats up to 3/4 but still no swing. That needs tweaked. But certainly if you improve after matches with swinging that would be great, but give us a chance to swing it, even if you make it harder in legend at least make it swing easier on levels up to and inc pro.
No edges from defensive shots or prodding a defensive shot to short leg/silly point :(

Major faults-
None that I can see.

Minor suggestions/tweaks that I think would improve the game making it more realistic-

More edges, esp to slips and gully area. Especially early on in the 1st session, or when batsmen are newish at the crease, especially when there's cloud cover and the ball should be swinging. And again please make more edges from defensive shots (Like when I bat!)
More edges and defensive pushes where the ball goes in air to short leg or silly point.. Never seen one go in the air there or a catch. Disappointing.
More top edges where the ball goes straight up after mistimed pulls and hooks.
When you bowl a back of length or short ball then a batsmen who isn't so good with back foot shots/short ball could merely loop the ball up off his bat and get caught at short leg,silly point,gully,leg gully or even bowler. Just like Jimmy Anderson getting out 2nd last ball to Sri Lanka last week.
These tweaks would improve an already great game to realistic. Please give short legs and silly points more chances like that and more edges.
I'll even beg!:lol

So I expect patch 2 for the 360 will please most of you and I'm really really hoping those tweaks I suggested might come next.
This was a good game with a few bugs and now it's a REALLY GOOD game with patch 2.
Thanks to Ross and all at Big Ant for listening to forum users and giving us cricket fanatics a game to enjoy.:cheers:cheers

Edit: oh yeah how do you get Windowed mode?

if there is indeed to be a patch 3 - which i think @Ross has confirmed - improving the amount of edges that the AI will get especially off defensive prods and drives is a major aspect for me. i bowled 101 overs getting carted for 584/6 in that and didn't get a single edge. i had 4 good seamers and there was visible swing, but they'd leave the ball or get a perfect middle on it. i had one bowled and one LBW both where they do the old "i'll just play the completely wrong line now for a laugh", and the other 4 were outfield catches.

now i was playing on legend level, and i'm not good enough to play on it, so i can understand getting carted around. but to bowl 101 overs, over 80 of which were seam and not get a single edge when as i say there was visible swing, is really a bit odd.

AI field setting also still needs a lot of work. it's much better (i've only played FC games so can't say for limited overs) in that they start with a couple of slips at least, but again you hit two singles in the same spot in an over and it'll be a slip that's moved to block it immediately. or two forward defensives and they remove a slip and put in a silly point... so by over 3 or 4 you can still end up with one or even no slips and the ring around the field.

those would be my two "must-fixes" for patch 3.

my suggestion to the coders would be to Ctrl-F and replace all "Alastair Cook" references in the AI Captaincy Code to "someone who understands Cricket tactics" - should improve things massively.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
so it certainly doesn't warrant the degree of outrage about it.

Totally agree, like others have said it's not as if it's a game breaking bug.

harryUK

School Cricketer
i've been one of the biggest critics of the game, only because it was released with so many on bugs that could easily have been put right when play testing, but i think the best thing to do is wait for the patch to come out and then if bugs still remain, we have something to genuinely complain about.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Morning all

I have a feeling its gonna be a good week. Oh yes.......

I reckon we all will be blessed with a beautiful patch 2

:cheers

Judging by some of the issues reported with the PC version of the game, I think patch 2 will just be 'good looking'. Patch 3 should be the beautiful one.

mrzdt

Club Captain
Haven't been on here in ages. I haven't actually played much either. Very happy to hear about patch 2 on page 1. I unfortunately do not have the time to read the other 105 pages on this post. Is patch 2 not available yet? If I understand correctly they are waiting for approval and we have no idea when it will be available?

Just want to know if that is correct. Reminds me a bit of a certain release date hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread