Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

...that's how you do constructive feedback, kids. Have said for a while now the biggest weakness in this game is the field-side. They've almost fixed the overpowered fielders but the default field-sets have to be restricted to a sensible 10-15 options for the AI and I think that suggestion has real merit.

Totally agree on the more regular field changes from the AI needing to be tweaked...

It's actually hard to keep criticism constructive because the game is so good. It's a bloody wonderful game, and it makes the more major issues even more glaring and for that it can be harder to stay calm when you're thinking "aaah that's wrong"... Sometimes I feel playing this game can be like making out with a lingerie model and then you notice an Adam's apple...

(Feel free to use that quote on the GOTY edition @Ross)

Have played a fair bit now on PC and patch 2 (xbox).

This is a great game, but it is hugely let down by the AI field setting when batting and the extreme rarity of AI edges when bowling.

Totally agree with these two points. I would add the other two critical issues are the AI pacing and the ball speed.

I'm finding that AI pacing is still an issue after patch 2. In particular, the AI is not aggressive towards the end of the innings with wickets in hand. E.g., the AI was 120/2 after 16 overs and finished with 140/3 in a T20 match. It played far too many defensive blocks and didn't play enough lofted shots. This was on Veteran difficulty.

The ball speed is also a concern. The issue is that the ball travels so quickly to the outfield that the AI refuses to take a single. This is unrealistic, as you will never see this happen in a real game -- if the ball goes deep to the outfield, the players will take at least 1 run. A side effect of this issue is that AI often makes things harder for itself when batting, e.g. causing the req. run rate to escalate, at which point it resorts to lofted shots and gets out. This wouldn't be an issue if the AI could take easy singles and keep the score ticking.

I would like a patch to prevent spinners bowling deliveries so slow that the ball virtually runs along the ground at a mega slow pace.
Online players often use this tactic and combined with lag makes the delivery near impossible to play.
Not being a sore loser here,ive won games online and lost games.
But for me it spoils the enjoyment of the game.
Thinking of having a break from the game because it is so frustrating.

i am a silent member of this site..
i m following all posts of Ross he is very kind one i never seen the support which is given to this game..
I just love this game and the one who have issue of pull shots they can try L2+ R2 and see the result all shots are on ground in that way...
Thanks Ross for giving a greatest ever cricket game that i cant imagine before....
Salute to U...

For me the patch has been 50/50, it fixes some of the gripes from b4, filed placement etc superhuman fielders etc, however really not liking the changes to batting, majority of the shots (cut, pull, offdrives) go in the air, no matter the timing, it was much better b4. Secondly, there are more edges while batting, I could understand this for bowling but there was already enough for batting imo, if anything more variety was needed as the majority used to go to the keeper b4.

same here... struggling even more with the batting

Have played a fair bit now on PC and patch 2 (xbox).

This is a great game, but it is hugely let down by the AI field setting when batting and the extreme rarity of AI edges when bowling.

When batting, the AI field setting is simply not fit for purpose. Ok so they start with slips now (FC) but they will be moved out quickly. After a few overs there will be a field change every ball. Hit a leg glance, there's a deep square leg. Cover drive the bext ball, the square leg will be moved to deep cover. Hook the next one... Deep cover moved back to deep square... And so on ad infinitum. God forbid you play two forward defensives, you will have a silly mid-off and a silly mid-on. I don't see that it's an issue of tweaking, it's a broken system, that needs reworking from the ground up. In the meantime they should work out a few fields and restrict the AI to those until they have a proper AI (hint, not one of them involve no slips, a silly mid-off, short mid off and a short leg).

When bowling, the scarcity of AI edges negates the excellent bowling control system and still makes bowling a chore. I don't feel there is any element that bowling to a plan will work. I have also been experimenting with different pitch conditions - to be honest neither batting or bowling seems to be different on any conditions.

Hopefully the AI edge issue can be resolved via tweaking, so you'd hope to see some improvement on that soon, but the AI field setting is more of a concern.

Yes with my obsession with AI edges practically forgotten about the default fields issue.
I agree it probably needs reworking from the ground up. It requires separate fields for first class and one day formats plus less field changes as you rightly state.

Obviously BA are aware of our concerns and have been so receptive up till now. If they have appetite to do something patch 3 we will have to see (your short term solution is probably best we can hope for) but might have to wait for next release to get what you and I are after

i m following all posts of Ross he is very kind one i never seen the support which is given to this game..
I just love this game and the one who have issue of pull shots they can try L2+ R2 and see the result all shots are on ground in that way...
Thanks Ross for giving a greatest ever cricket game that i cant imagine before....
Salute to U...

While this does work, I dont think its a practical solution cus unless you're holding it evtime its going to be a bit difficult imo to do at relevant times when factoring timing and footwork, then theres the fact youre practically playing an aggressive shot each time which increases the chances youll get out.

For me the patch has been 50/50, it fixes some of the gripes from b4, filed placement etc superhuman fielders etc, however really not liking the changes to batting, majority of the shots (cut, pull, offdrives) go in the air, no matter the timing, it was much better b4. Secondly, there are more edges while batting, I could understand this for bowling but there was already enough for batting imo, if anything more variety was needed as the majority used to go to the keeper b4.

Couldn't agree more. Batting has become less of a fun after the patch. Leg side shots (flick & glance) were fixed to travel along the ground but most of the other shots, especially cut & pull/hook, go in the air and you are dismissed sooner than later.

Couldn't agree more. Batting has become less of a fun after the patch. Leg side shots (flick & glance) were fixed to travel along the ground but most of the other shots, especially cut & pull/hook, go in the air and you are dismissed sooner than later.

So were you able to play the cut and pull shots on the ground before Patch 2? (I'm a PC player so have never played the earlier version of the game).

I've just played a game where I had a silly mid on + a mid on as well as a mid-wicket and a deep backward mid-wicket.

Batting in amateur admittedly; so it might intentionally have picked a stupid field...

So were you able to play the cut and pull shots on the ground before Patch 2? (I'm a PC player so have never played the earlier version of the game).

Yup. Earlier we had to be cautious playing flick & glance, and now we have to be careful playing any other shot. I preferred the earlier system as you still had some control over leg side shots but with pull & cut shots, no matter what you do they are hit in the air.

I think that since the patch the timing of these shots may be a little less forgiving but I am certainly still able to hit these shots along the ground more often than not.

Salute to U...
+1....Ross has been source of inspiration for future CEOs on how to value its clients...really impressed and inspired by you guys on how to take risks, follow your passion and go an extra mile to make it success...I know its wrong thread to ask but really curious to know how and when did journey of big ant started and how did you get into gaming and your story from being student to an ceo

I think that since the patch the timing of these shots may be a little less forgiving but I am certainly still able to hit these shots along the ground more often than not.

Not sure I've ever hit a cut or pull shot on the ground. And I know my timing isn't that bad. I also can't hit a straight drive on the ground unless it's a full toss and even some of those have gone in the air.

I would like a patch to prevent spinners bowling deliveries so slow that the ball virtually runs along the ground at a mega slow pace.
Online players often use this tactic and combined with lag makes the delivery near impossible to play.
Not being a sore loser here,ive won games online and lost games.
But for me it spoils the enjoyment of the game.
Thinking of having a break from the game because it is so frustrating.

Lol. Have a mate who bowls spin well just keep bowling to you for 20 odd overs with a spinner. Soon you would be playing these deliveries like a pro. It's not that difficult to read once you understand the variation in flight that differentiates these deliveries with the full ones. There are loads of people who play spin like pros.

Users who are viewing this thread