Batting and Bowling Practice ON THE SCG!!!! - now in the Cricket Academy

But it still doesn't give you the right to post some BS and shit all over the work BA has put in the game.
As for the ignore button, there is one, use it.

Shit mind use shit words so keep using.... For ur information in my every post i always say thanks to BA studios for their brilliant work and i mentioned all the correct observation which most of ppl noticed after todays update and that does not mean to challenge BA work as they are doing fantastic job as always not like u or dutch who are doing TC to each other

Shit mind use shit words so keep using.... For ur information in my every post i always say thanks to BA studios for their brilliant work and i mentioned all the correct observation which most of ppl noticed after todays update and that does not mean to challenge BA work as they are doing fantastic job as always not like u or dutch who are doing TC to each other
What a clever post.
You just moan and demand. Perhaps the Facebook page will suit you better.

Nothing funny about what he said.[/QUOTE
lol
watching video at 360p and complaining about game graphics....... epic

lol, I know how to watch videos in HD and besides i have played it at high setting and in 1080p and it still looks poor because of all the bad Anti aliasing, i know of experience because DBC14 had it too.

lol, I know how to watch videos in HD and besides i have played it at high setting and in 1080p and it still looks poor because of all the bad Anti aliasing, i know of experience because DBC14 had it too.
Do yourself a favour and don't play the game, wait for someone to make a game just how you want it to be and then feast on it. But please don't crib and whine over dbc.

Do yourself a favour and don't play the game, wait for someone to make a game just how you want it to be and then feast on it. But please don't crib and whine over dbc.

yes, ok sir

To be fair, the game could do with some anti-aliasing options such as MSAA - it was missing in 14 and would make the game look much nicer. There's FXAA but that alone can't fix the jagged edges on things in the distance.

For now, the solutions are to downsample from a higher resolution if your rig can handle it (mine does the SCG at stable 50fps from 2880x1620 down to 1920x1080) or play on a monitor with higher pixel density (e.g. 1440p, 4K). It may be possible to force some AA through display drivers too.

Although there have been some stupid posts which have received some deserved criticism, we should be wary of ganging up on anyone who says anything negative. As long as it's done in a polite and constructive way, speaking up about what you think needs improvement or wasn't up to scratch in DBC14 should be welcomed. Some leeway needs to be given as well for people whose first language is not English and may come across in a harsher tone than they intend.

If we make people afraid of speaking their mind in fear of being ridiculed, we potentially lose some valuable input.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, the game could do with some anti-aliasing options such as MSAA - it was missing in 14 and would make the game look much nicer. There's FXAA but that alone can't fix the jagged edges on things in the distance.

For now, the solutions are to downsample from a higher resolution if your rig can handle it (mine does the SCG at stable 50fps from 2880x1620 down to 1920x1080) or play on a monitor with higher pixel density (e.g. 1440p, 4K). It may be possible to force some AA through display drivers too.

Although there have been some stupid posts which have received some deserved criticism, we should be wary of ganging up on anyone who says anything negative. As long as it's done in a polite and constructive way, speaking up about what you think needs improvement or wasn't up to scratch in DBC14 should be welcomed. Some leeway needs to be given as well for people whose first language is not English and may come across in a harsher tone than they intend.

If we make people afraid of speaking their mind in fear of being ridiculed, we potentially lose some valuable input.

Again I am repeating myself but the game right now is not the final indicator of what the final game will look like. Treat it as Alpha/Beta. And since when does graphics beats gameplay

If you want an indication of what the final product may look then look at Big Ant's Lacrosse game. This game will look better then that

Attachments

• 3021514-faceoff.jpg
    3021514-faceoff.jpg
    544.6 KB · Views: 148
The ball physics after stroke, pitch, are no where near final. This was the fear when letting people get onto the SCG (out of the nets) with a non-final physics model.

This demo is all about the controls, we really don't need any other feedback on much else - do the controls work, do they feel good?

Last edited:
Again I am repeating myself but the game right now is not the final indicator of what the final game will look like. Treat it as Alpha/Beta. And since when does graphics beats gameplay

If you want an indication of what the final product may look then look at Big Ant's Lacrosse game. This game will look better then that
I know... I never said I know what the final game will look like, or that graphics beats game play.

However, based on what we've seen from the previous iteration and this beta, one area which could significantly improve the look of the game is further anti-aliasing options.

Pointing this out is not an attack on Big Ant or their work, it is feedback based on observation.

The way the other guy said it looks "worse" than 14 was a bit silly though, that's a non-constructive and provocative way of getting a point across.

The ball physics after stroke, pitch, are no where near final. This was the fear when letting people get onto the SCG (out of the nets) with a non-final physics model.

This demo is all about the controls, we really don't need any other feedback on much else - do the controls work, do they feel good?

yes they do. For batting though:
- there is still a situation where if you do a back foot cut shot, the ball sometimes hits your pad, then bounces up and gets hit by your bat as well. Happened all the time with '14 and I've seen it twice only now (which is good) but its still there.
- I'm still getting the hang of the back foot guide to point. Seems to be a risky shot (high risk of nicks?) but I always seem to miss the ball.
- i can never seem to hit the ball
- I'm LOVING the leg glance. Legside shots are my bread and butter (I got that off Mark Waugh lol) so having the leg glance now finally fills out my range
- PLEASE PLEASE don't adjust the surface friction. It not looks and 'feels' right when you hit the ball, and it goes with momentum. In 14, it was frustrating to play a good off drive only to see the ball magically slow.
- it must be just me but there seems to be so many diff variations of balls (cutters, etc) that makes batting that much more difficult on Legend (i only play on that)...I'm loving it.
- I'm definitely struggling against wrist spin. The balls seem to move like they're possessed! lol...so hitting it is that much more difficult. Hell, there have been times that I've been stumped as to what shot to play!! (now I have an inkling of what our glorious crickets went through against the Sri Lankans!! lol)
- timing on sweeps is another issue I have to get used to
- It would be great if you could choose really short balls. Currently short balls are only about waist height...I want to practice against the REAL bouncers (head height). Is that possible to include in the demo?

Overall, I can see the improvements over '14 and I'm loving them. Thank you so much BA.

That's great to hear :yes

Quick question to folks who have played DBC 17 nets... what is the range of speed for spinners, i.e slowest and fastest spin deliveries? In DBC 14 the difference seemed quite drastic and want to know if there's a difference in DBC 17 nets.

I really hope only people who play the nets give the feedback here, and not the guy who watches Youtube videos, imgur screenshots and hearsay from others and pass their EXPERT judgement based on that!

Users who are viewing this thread