End Game Explosive Mafia - Endgame Mafia (zwarrior, asprin & RUDOLPH)

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Guys from my point of view:

@Villain FOS'ed - Myself, surendar & asprin for lynching AliB. After some deliberation Villain seemed happy with all of our responses and said that he has made a mistake.

Questions for Villain: Why did you take us lynching AliB (before Simon made things clear) so personally? Would AliB being lynched have made a difference to us? You make it out that this is an important role.
I only made the wild guess of you'll being a team and haven't taken it back because I only made the mistake of judging how the day ended. I take lynching AliB personally as I've replaced him and I know it's town hence anyone targeting him could be anti-town.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Coming back to @PresidentEvil , mate ... please don't be the shadaw. Be active, we are trying to weed out the goons. Your inactivity is hurting you here + without you posting it's hard to get a read on you.
I honestly don't feel this game interesting anymore. I'm very glad to play a nightless game for the first time but not enjoying it as I did in other games. The main reason behind this are:
  • No evidence to call someone a scum
  • All are going after each other without much contribution to actual and typical mafia game discussion.
  • Villain and swacker are going after asprin with the same question all over (I might be wrong here, as I didn't pay much attention to their discussion)
  • FakePassport is doing a solo attempt to analyse the actual scenario.
  • Surender is just posting on his defense.
That's it.. This is completely my opinion about current scenario...

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
I honestly don't feel this game interesting anymore
At least you are honest. Ask Simon to be subtitled if you don't enjoy this particular game :) No offense mate, but we need active members here in order to win the game.
I only made the wild guess of you'll being a team and haven't taken it back because I only made the mistake of judging how the day ended. I take lynching AliB personally as I've replaced him and I know it's town hence anyone targeting him could be anti-town.
Fair enough , the lynch tally has been reset. Why are you going after asprin then? I thought the issue has been resolved then.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
At least you are honest. Ask Simon to be subtitled if you don't enjoy this particular game :) No offense mate, but we need active members here in order to win the game.

Fair enough , the lynch tally has been reset. Why are you going after asprin then? I thought the issue has been resolved then.
I can still play this and make this enjoyable if all co-operate. Picking a single line and dragging it for more than 4-5 hrs. even after getting clear justification should be avoided.

Getting back to the game. I feel Villian is genuine with his posts. For some reasons, I consider following as townie: Me, Rudolph, Villain and FakePassport. Other 3 have two mafia with them.. Still FK has to post his views. So I'll wait for his post.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India

I'm not going after him anymore, I only find it odd why does he have to back Surendar all the time but I think it's time we move on. I agree with @PresidentEvil we need something new in the game.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
I'm back. Just quickly going through the thead for purely today and this is what seems interesting

Grrrrrr! zwarrior!! We lost our K9, damn!
This is still a positive step for us though we have lost K9
I would agree on the no-lynch part of @Fake Passport

All from the same post. The first line fells a little forced to me. The second line seems to be a little contradictory given the first and his turnaround on the whole plan since Day 1 is interesting. Im not entirely sure I buy the misunderstanding of the roles to the extent that he couldn't see how the plan would work at all. ISO needed.

I think this was more of a blind shot than a calculated one
I havent been back through his posts, but I tend to agree, but its something I want to look into.

This means the town bomb, if he strikes gold, would tilt the odds in our favor massively. He is the key now for sure.
I pretty much consider the town bomb almost a vanilla player now. To me he is much more valuable in the end game as an extra townie than the ability to maybe, if he gets it right, maybe take out a mafia and himself.

We should also be going after the ones who went for No Lynch, clear mafia tactic to end the day without any majority votes and to use their powers. Not all those who went for it, obviously.
feel it was pretty much pre-planned by the mafias to use their power. Hence, it makes sense for them to go for a 'No Lynch' as it works in their favour. No Lynching was a decent call at that point but we even wanted to have some discussion to take place before we could jump so abruptly on it. You've also successfully blurred my lines "Not all those who went for it, obviously."
I made a mistake here taking the day ended because of the 'No Lynch' majority while it actually was because they bombed CK. Apologies.
Honest mistake or an overshare? tbh I'm leaning on honest mistake because that first statement would qualify as scum slip of the century, plus on my phone when I was out an about and saw it, it did take me a second to think it was the bomb.

Are you saying we should start lynching? The no-lynch strategy has been working ..
Glad you've seen the light?

I honestly don't feel this game interesting anymore.
I did call it a siege for a reason.
On the whole I find this post genuine. That could either mean scum with the inevitability of having to off himself at some point in a game that the mafia is unlikely to win, or hes town and geniunely bored, either as bomb knowing using his power isnt great or VT.

Gun to head - I would guess surendar and Rudi are the other two. But that is based purely on todays reading and I missed on the end of 'yesterday'. I also didnt have a great read on zwarrior so dont trust me totally lol. Im going to post my lineup for swack then look at everything in detail.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
I just quickly ISO'd CK posts, the only thing that *might* be a trigger is the discussion back in the very early stages of Day 1.
If you read from Post #45 to Post #60
The argument could be made that CK was right, Rudi was soft claiming. Trying to be visible to come across as townie when hes scum by posting random stuff. It could also provide context for zwarrior to be defending his scum buddy in post 58. In his original post with FOS Rudi didnt mention CK.

But - I should also declare I find Rudi difficult to read at the best of times. Its also early Day 1 and you have to start the game of somehow.
Not making a federal case out of it, but putting it here for others to give opinions on.

Ok. Seriously off to post lineup for swacker.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@Fake Passport - Why are those 2 lines contradicting? May be I did not understand your question. That was exact set of emotions in sequence that went through my mind as I typed. Not entirely sure what is ISO either? Let me google it.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
Im ISO'ing everyone, just going by least posts to most posts.

For some reason, the tag didn't work.
Now I check to see that FakePassport has come up with a strategy of waiting for Mafia to act. But if the mafia take out K9 unit or town bomb, they can just play a safe game to lynch townies each day to win this comprehensively. But again, it will be very difficult as we will be the majority survivors and one right lynch can win us the game.

We must not ignore the fact that K9 unit or town bomb are blind participants. They don't have the identity of us (fellow townies). So there is a risk of town bomb killing one of us if he gets his target wrong.

Let's hope for the best. K9 unit and his investigation should be enough for us to act within day 3. As we will be the reduced no. of players (either townie or mafia might be killed for two days). With two days of investigation and limited players, we can win this easily by day 3 if K9 is alive by then and town bomb takes out a right target on either day 1 or day 2.

So we will have a replacement for Ali. We got to here from the replacement as well. As Rudolph said, there is no use in just waiting for mafia to act. They can only act when the vote counts get to majority.

A lynch everyday is a suitable option in this game. Let's not just lynch a player but lynch a player who will take someone with him. In this way the threat to the town (two acting mafia [bombers]) can be eliminated with the goon without any acting roles remain.

As far as winning condition for townie is concerned, a townie can win even after being killed by mafia but shouldn't be lynched and then must eliminate the threat to them. Please correct me if I'm wrong here...

We can get to know by reading the posts, as simple as that. We do it in every mafia game and we can do it here too...

That is what is mentioned in the opening post? Majority votes and mafia can use their roles? Can mafia just remain silent without acting?Is that not compulsory to bomb someone every day before someone is lynched?

Yeah, we have a risk with that. But if town gets right, it will be a big advantage for us.

No lynch seems fair after reading FP's analysis post. Atleast, we can save a townie by not lynching a wrong target.

No Lynch.

Even others were not sure when the game began. So let me tell you that, FK had a point when he posted a long analysis which was fair to go for. It is better to stay away and go for 'no lynch' rather than lynching a townie through wrong analysis...

Abrupt switch? When you agree to someone and get to know that the idea which someone suggested is better than yours, then there is no point in staying with your ideas.

Firstly, there was a confusion of bomber's role. It was when Simon cleared their roles, we got the clear idea of what or when they can carryout their roles. Before that, we were completely unaware about how their roles function.

I can still say that taking risk can help us, but before that we must understand that there was no kill by the mafia. Which means that their no. is intact. If there was a kill, we could take risk as we know that there are just two Mafias with one being bomber who can kill himself while other one doesn't have a role. If we got the second one right and the bomber kills himself, we have won. But Mafia has played smartly by not killing anyone. They are still 3 in no. and we can't take risk right now. One wrong lynch can get a townie die and bomber take another townie with him. Two townies are lost at once.

Most of them are posting quite smartly. I don't think I've got a name to mention here about who I think might be mafia. Almost all of them are going after each other and justifying and explaining their acts and posting on their defense.

I honestly have no name currently. It is the first time in Mafia game that I'm not able to find anything worth questioning about others. But I do want to ask the people who want to go 'lynching' everyday. FP has posted why we should go for 'No Lynch' but I haven't found anything worth considering about taking risk scenario. Apart from taking risk and IF the target is right, we'll and good. But IF target goes wrong, we will lose a townie and Mafia might decide to kill a townie to reduce the no. of townie to 4. Then on Day 4, they try to Lynch another townie and take a townie with them. No. reduced to 2 townies and 1 mafia. If they take k9 unit and/or town bomb, we have lost this. The more efficient way is, wait, wait and wait..

In the last hour, you wanted everyone to suspect those who went for 'no lynch'. After couple of posts in favour of 'no lynch' strategy, you have changed your mind?

FOS: Villain

I haven't increased my activity. As you can see, I'm just posting my views on the situation (maybe 1-2 posts) and answering to the question or any allegations on me.

I honestly don't feel this game interesting anymore. I'm very glad to play a nightless game for the first time but not enjoying it as I did in other games. The main reason behind this are:
  • No evidence to call someone a scum
  • All are going after each other without much contribution to actual and typical mafia game discussion.
  • Villain and swacker are going after asprin with the same question all over (I might be wrong here, as I didn't pay much attention to their discussion)
  • FakePassport is doing a solo attempt to analyse the actual scenario.
  • Surender is just posting on his defense.
That's it.. This is completely my opinion about current scenario...

I can still play this and make this enjoyable if all co-operate. Picking a single line and dragging it for more than 4-5 hrs. even after getting clear justification should be avoided.

Getting back to the game. I feel Villian is genuine with his posts. For some reasons, I consider following as townie: Me, Rudolph, Villain and FakePassport. Other 3 have two mafia with them.. Still FK has to post his views. So I'll wait for his post.

I'll smack the swack out of swacker ...
sorry I meant bomb you ...

Bless you too mate ;) Don't be so serious man, it was meant as a joke. reminder to myself : DO NOT JOKE WITH SWACKER!

Nothing. It was my opening post, thread title "Explosive" Mafia. Just a little punter as I told swacker.

Starting of with a bit of punter is weird ... perhaps. Starting of with your usual jumping on the bandwagon because you like everyone else are crasping at straws because there is nothing to go on by on day 1 , is normal...
FOS: AliB & Swacker
Reason - Ali : being a magnet will do whatever he can to avoid getting lynched on day 1
Reason - Swacker: Actually pleaded for someone not to kill him. Must be because off his unlucky Night 1 being murdered.

This might also strike you as weird ... I am off to play arcade now.

I posted above on that. Involves reading that whole chain if theres something there.

This is way too risky on day 1. Let's say for an example: Myself (Town bomber) decide on day 1 to take out a suspicious player let's say surendar. I bomb myself and surendar, we both die. This early in the game it's easy to misread posts. What happens if surendar ends up being a town K9-unit? Bam, just like that we have two town PR's gone. And all of the sudden we go from a 6-3 majority to a 4-3 majority.
a lynch at the moment is a much safer option for us. Even a mislynch at least will give us a 5-3 majority.

Why would you even suggest this?

Strong FOS: Fake[DOUBLEPOST=1497368045][/DOUBLEPOST]
We only have a single bomber!

I still don't get this post. There seemed to be enough confusion with the roles that Im not trying to put too much into it, but with what I had posted I struggle to see how I was advocating for anything close to this. As I said, this post kinda makes my point by framing me up for the opposite of what I said.

Reading the first post it's clear that a bomb can only go off before vote reaches a majority. So the waiting game only prolongs the game. The game is clear, there is no night, we have to lynch someone daily, should the person get the majority of votes he can choose to target a specific person and take himself and his target out. In the case if the K9 unit successfully defused the bomb, he will be lynched only.

This post is dichotomous. I've bolded the sections that I think are relevant. In it hes saying he gets the setup then doesn't in the same post. Could this be a case of creating confusion as the scum strategy?

Lynch : AliB
This day is dragging long enough. All attempts for him to post his views here has failed. He did a similar in a previous game I played where we both were mafia.

Unofficial lynch count :
Rudolph : Swacker (seriously on your opening post)
AliB : Rudolph

Here he missed my No Lynch vote. Could be accident could be deliberate.

The write up suggest before.
You suggesting a no lynch policy honesty looks scummy @Fake Passport . How do you suggest the game progresses without any lynching? Perhaps you misunderstood the write up?

Swacker, play the game not the player. Lynching someone with an opening post is just scummy in general.
Off topic : Players that ask for a substitution when things go bad should be modkilled. Some players are so concerned about having a good win to play ratio that they deliberately call for a substitution. Something should be done about this as it disrupt the games.

Ill leave it for others to read my posts prior to this point to see if I could be scummy. I think I articulated how I wanted the game to play out, making the question of how to play out kinda redundant. You could also say his statement against swacker is a bit off, early Day 1 votes fly around...

FtR, im not accusing Ali of this in this game, but I agree entirely with the OT bit.

That was a soft FOS because you lynched me on your opening post. As you'll noticed, I haven't continued with it.
Just a suggestion : The way you are backing Fake since the start makes it appear to me anyway an alliance of some sort?

@Simon , Kindly explain to all of us exactly how everything works. At the moment it seems that we all are unclear.

I get your way of thinking. I'd like @Simon to officially answer all the questions raised here so that all can know what is happening. My understanding from the first post is that only before a majority is reached a bomb can explode. Should it be different, it changes everything. Hence (no offense) I'd like to hear from the moderator.
Unlynch
Lynch : No Lynch

Here he says the bit about bombs going off before majority again. I dont quite get how he was so bloody suss of the plan and me if underlying his thoughts was this understanding.

If your FOS is because I lynched AliB, then you should continue reading all of the posts. Myself & others were unclear about the set-up. Initially before Simon clear things up, I understood that there has to be a lynch per day and that the bomb can only explode before a majority vote has been cast. I unlynched as soon as Simon cleared up my doubts.

asprin
PresidentEvil
Fake Passport
zwarrior
swacker
CerealKiller
surendar
Rudolph
Villain

(Ive redacted the ISO's here - FP)
Shucks, that took long @Fake Passport or someone else can do the rest.

Interesting: Whilst doing this I've noticed that @PresidentEvil has managed to stay nicely under the radar.

No Lynch
Going with @Fake Password theory at the moment. Hopefully it will work...

The K-9 role seem to be a tricky one, hopefully Simon selected a level headed guy for this PR. I've he defuse the wrong bomb it could have disastrous consequences for us. With the no lynch strategy in place, hopefully we can sus out some suspicious behavior.

Unlucky loosing our K-9 unit. It seems that the no lynch strategy frustrated the mafia.It's unfortunate , however we still have numbers and bomb on our side. I've just logged in quickly (at work).. Would like to see what gave CerealKiller away, also who has been supportive of zwarrior.
The flip is there, from here on out he's supportive of the strategy. Essentially the case against Rudi comes down to whether or not you believe that he was genuinely confused about the setup or not.

Are you saying we should start lynching? The no-lynch strategy has been working ..

Sorry mate, I'll post in a bit. Busy trying to sort out a stalker issue between two members here ...

@PresidentEvil : a quick question if you do not mind answering - Why only after I posted this, did you increase your activity?

@Fake Passport why so quiet?

Guys from my point of view:

@Villain FOS'ed - Myself, surendar & asprin for lynching AliB. After some deliberation Villain seemed happy with all of our responses and said that he has made a mistake.

Questions for Villain: Why did you take us lynching AliB (before Simon made things clear) so personally? Would AliB being lynched have made a difference to us? You make it out that this is an important role.

After @swacker put some pressure on Villain, he started again with asprin about the same thing all over again. @asprin mate, you are looking too defensive. Villain is shifting the pressure away from him by pressuring you.

Coming back to @PresidentEvil , mate ... please don't be the shadaw. Be active, we are trying to weed out the goons. Your inactivity is hurting you here + without you posting it's hard to get a read on you.

I'll post my view on swacker later .Still observing ...

Shucks! I hate predictive text :mad I meant "substitute". Sorry for this random post guys. This not being able to fix my grammar mistakes is killing me !!!

Yup, as I said before. I'm glad Simon cleared things up.

Light FOS: Villain, Surendar & Swacker - Not entirely sure yet.

No lynch

Unofficial tally:
No lynch: Rudolph

Ive annotated some thoughts in his ISO. Essentially it comes down to whether or not you think Rudi was genuinely confused about the setup or not. At this point I don't think he's clear by any stretch, but im not about to put the house on him being scum either.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
No Lynch was great for us while we had our K9, I don't see this going anywhere except if the mafias take a chance and get one of us or our town bomb decides to target someone. How will we take this forward? Not in the favour of lynching somebody either as we barely have anything against anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread