Latest Patch now available for PS4 (1.06) & Xbox One (1.0.0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok folks I played the game extensively today - both Tests and Odis - and noticed that once you get the hang of timing (within an hour or so), the batting is too easy and lofted shots are over-powered. I tried to increase the batting difficulty level by using batting modifiers but even at increased modifiers - 'Shot Timing' set to 65 and other three batting modifiers (Footwork, Bowl quality influence, Shot choice difficulty) set to 100 - I was able to score runs easily and did not get a single edge while batting.

I managed to score 700+ for 5 against Aus in a Test and was able to chase 354 in an odi against Eng in 27 overs using the above-mentioned sliders and match difficulty set to Legend. The only way I lost wkts was when I tried outlandish shot to get bowled or mistimed an odd lofted shot. I played multiple matches and played matches on various pitch types (hard, soft, green, dry etc.) but it didn't make much of a difference. The only edges I have gotten so far were yesterday when I played the game after patch 1.06 and was trying to get my timing right. At the moment batting is simply too easy and dismissals few and far between. Need to add more risk while batting else it becomes more like stick cricket.

P.S. - On the plus side I'm not getting 30+ extras post Patch 1.06.

Last edited:

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I'm seeing pitch wear on the PC version. Is there definitely none on console?

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Ok folks I played the game extensively today - both Tests and Odis - and noticed that once you get the hang of timing (within an hour or so), the batting is too easy and lofted shots are over-powered. I tried to increase the batting difficulty level by using batting modifiers but even at increased modifiers - 'Shot Timing' set to 65 and other three batting modifiers (Footwork, Bowl quality influence, Shot choice difficulty) set to 100 - I was able to score runs easily and did not get a single edge while batting.

I managed to score 700+ for 5 against Aus in a Test and was able to chase 354 in an odi against Eng in 27 overs using the above-mentioned sliders and match difficulty set to Legend. The only way I lost wkts was when I tried outlandish shot to get bowled or mistimed an odd lofted shot. I played multiple matches and played matches on various pitch types (hard, soft, green, dry etc.) but it didn't make much of a difference. The only edges I have gotten so far were yesterday when I played the game after patch 1.06 and was trying to get my timing right. At the moment batting is simply too easy and dismissals few and far between. Need to add more risk while batting else it becomes more like stick cricket.

P.S. - On the plus side I'm not getting 30+ extras post Patch 1.06.
Did you try custom timing on 50?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is medium level batting the most difficult one, anyone felt?
@Freedom said the same as well earlier in this thread. I haven’t got time to test other levels to confirm.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Did you try custom timing on 50?

65 is supposed to be more difficult than 50. If batting with timing 50 is more difficult than when the timing's 65, I don't see the point of gameplay modifiers. And I would expect footwork, bowl quality influence and shot choice difficulty set to 100 to produce at least a few edges.

At the moment it looks like instead of all these modifiers maybe a single one (say 'Edges') would be more useful. Increasing the Edge modifier would increase the chance to edge the delivery if input is not good. That way folks can customize their specific gameplay experience instead of tweaking 4 batting related modifiers, out of which 3 don't seem to make a difference.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
65 is supposed to be more difficult than 50. If batting with timing 50 is more difficult than when the timing's 65, I don't see the point of gameplay modifiers. And I would expect footwork, bowl quality influence and shot choice difficulty set to 100 to produce at least a few edges.

At the moment it looks like instead of all these modifiers maybe a single one (say 'Edges') would be more useful. Increasing the Edge modifier would increase the chance to edge the delivery if input is not good. That way folks can customize their specific gameplay experience instead of tweaking 4 batting related modifiers, out of which 3 don't seem to make a difference.
Yeah that's right,they need to work on modifiers in the next patch, it is very much needed..I remember DBC 17 had edge frequency kind of a thing, maybe it's time to bring in something like that.. it adds more drama to run chases and batting in general which is very necessary..

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Honestly can't begin to tell you how much I banged on about batting being too easy and a lack of edges!!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Have to say gameplay wise it's very decent at the mo,

On a slow dry deck at the GABBA I have the Aussies in trouble at 107/5.

1 caught third slip.
1 caught keeper working to leg but the faintest of outside edges
1 caught point edging a drive.
1 LBW
1 gorgeous bat pad.

I'd love to see the bat pads reviewed. It wasn't clear at all he had hit it. Just looked like it. But DRS is non existent in this game.

Also a bouncer on the last ball seems tostop the last ball random slog! They aregoing at 2.8 an over!

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I thought that the other team drs was been looked at haven't seen it fixed.

ashescricketer

Club Cricketer
Continuing with my previous post regarding easy six hitting and batting in general and spinners using pace inner ring field, i am attaching a video of my 35 rated career player. Also note that in the video, after over 6.3, it says field changed, however there is no field change. This has happened a few times before as well.
Even if i am timing the ball well, a 35 rated player should not be able to clear the rope so easily.
remember the bowler also has a low rating at club level

ashescricketer

Club Cricketer

Are you sure you have your custom settings turned "on" as adjusting the sliders and leaving it off will have no impact

chaman82

County Cricketer

I've got a gameplay in which I have most of my wkts to slips and keeper.

Playing with no HUD on pro cam.
Idea is to play as late as possible to read length line correctly.
So playing on Easy level with modifier on.
Shot timing 0
Bowl quality influence 50
Foot work 50
Shot difficulty 50

The above setting is decent in pro cam with no HUD . U can play very late and still score .

Only problem is with the modifiers resulting in some worng shot animation and audio problem.

sashu_91

County Cricketer

1 caught third slip.
1 LBW
1 gorgeous bat pad.

I'd love to see the bat pads reviewed. It wasn't clear at all he had hit it. Just looked like it. But DRS is non existent in this game.

Also a bouncer on the last ball seems tostop the last ball random slog! They aregoing at 2.8 an over!

1 caught third slip.
1 LBW
1 gorgeous bat pad.

1 caught third slip.
1 LBW
1 gorgeous bat pad.

Do you bat while testing beacuse all the posts I have read from you are bowling one's... just a question...I hope they get the modifiers related to batting sorted in the next patch..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread