Patch 1.05 Now Available on PS4

Kass D

County Cricketer
Well if the pc version is released and with a better patch and ps4 people still have the same built. That will lead to some real whinging

villafan001

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wont be ages, but it wont be in next patch...

Its frustrating, but the issue was and I still have the hump about this, was the complete and utter constant whinging when the game first came out.

The majority would have said fix the fields (a core part of the game play)

But there was so much attention made by, back foot no balls, which didn't affect game play and other ridiculous minor little things, that a patch was rushed out the door which effectively ruined a few things.

Sometimes, more than not, these forums can be to the detriment to the game.
Having now played quite a lot of games of different formats, I’m really noticing that I am not having any lbws when bowling at all - have others noticed this (and has it varied between builds?).

I do get some lovely bowleds where you beat the bat with turn/swing/seam but I think from my observations the AI foot placement takes lbw rather out of the equation.

christy_lenin1

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Having now played quite a lot of games of different formats, I’m really noticing that I am not having any lbws when bowling at all - have others noticed this (and has it varied between builds?).

I do get some lovely bowleds where you beat the bat with turn/swing/seam but I think from my observations the AI foot placement takes lbw rather out of the equation.

I got an lbw in the last test match after taking the new ball with the swinging good length delivery continued with 2 clean bowled and won the match. It's there but we need to stick to a plan and other factors like ball, pitch conditions, batsman confidence also matters

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I said sometimes a detriment! Their interaction was far far more extensive when 14 came out.

But whinging and moanjng and insults meant they hardly post now.
This is true! It is uncalled for from some users here.
I can understand the apprehension on buying Ashes after DBC17, @BigAntStudios have answered them to wait and the reviews to make up their mind, yet some users were sarcastic and moaning.

We could have been little more understanding and supportive towards @BigAntStudios and made constructive criticism (if any). We would have had more interactive threads on various topics on Ashes gameplay and patches here. I feel it is kind of lose lose situation for everyone because of a few users.

Last edited:

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I got 3 in my current test match against NZ in their 2nd innings... including Kane Williamson for 87.. which was actually going over the stumps had he reviewed! which brings me to a question.. do the AI ever challenge decisions.. I have not seen it yet in the 2 test matches I have played

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I got 3 in my current test match against NZ in their 2nd innings... including Kane Williamson for 87.. which was actually going over the stumps had he reviewed! which brings me to a question.. do the AI ever challenge decisions.. I have not seen it yet in the 2 test matches I have played

No, it's on the list

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No, it's on the list
We would not want AI just to review, to add realism their reviews should also be going against them.

It shouldn’t be like, if AI review it’s certainly in favour of AI.

villafan001

Club Captain
No, it's on the list
The AI reviewed one against me (having been given out) which I thought was lbw but turned out to be inside edge onto pad and caught at leg gully, but that’s the only instance I’ve seen. It doesn’t even bring up the “deliberating” images when I am batting.

tosser182

Club Captain
Apologies if this has been mentioned already but the player performance stats aren't tracking correctly.

If I play a test match the stats track as First Class. I played a test series and they didn't track at all.

Any further information/plans to update please

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Apologies if this has been mentioned already but the player performance stats aren't tracking correctly.

If I play a test match the stats track as First Class. I played a test series and they didn't track at all.

Any further information/plans to update please

Test match is first class. It should update both. Did the test stats update as Well?

Series don't track because of a really poor design decision based on an inaccurate view of how DBC14 worked. I don't know if it will be able to be rectified.

Users who are viewing this thread