Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Would love your comments on the following issues. How many have made the cut in this patch? And how many are work in progress for future patches?

1. Running between wickets
2. AI Field placements
3. Deep fielders should be few steps towards the boundary...this also results in AI not taking easy singles
4. Back foot pull unable to connect for deliveries outside off stump
5. Ball going through the bat
6. Stumping against spinners while missing a shot
7. Straight drive issue wrong animation..sometimes when trying to hit in the straight V, the batsman animation is towards mid off and ball travels to mid on or vice-versa. the ball even goes for a four or six... i have already posted couple of videos earlier..if needed i can post it again..
8. Weird front foot pull shot on green ball resulting in ball hitting the batsman's body
9. Easy six hitting
10. Very few edges while batting
11. AI bowling too many wides during short pitch bowling
12. Batting modifier values incorrect
13. Stuttering in night matches
14. Batsman grounding the bat after crossing the crease
15. Not able to run after ball hits the stumps
16. AI changes field in free hit
17. DL does not reduce powerplay overs
18. Pixelated logos of community downloaded teams
19. Career stats highest score not out bug and not out 50s & 100s not recorded
20. Backfoot cut goes to mid off
21. Cutters by fast bowlers turn way too much
22. Batsman given out caught by keeper even when no bat is involved.. there have already been some videos posted regarding this..
I took the time to reply to this the other day.
https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...-available-on-ps4.109320/page-23#post-3225097[DOUBLEPOST=1512979563][/DOUBLEPOST]
As far as I know its getting a patch out now to fix critical issues and longer term looking at gameplay enhancements....the sense is that they are in this for the foreseeable future....
What's worse is that I already replied a week ago....

riteshagl

County Cricketer

angad

Chairman of Consent
You do realise that this is an absurd and unreasonable request? You might as well of asked him to list all the words in the dictionary with an "e" in them.......

That isn't very difficult tbh...just one Google query away ;)

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thankfully the stumping bug is likely to be sorted out in the next patch.

Lost 2 Ashes Test jus because I couldn’t clear the infield when bogged down by Lyon. Milking spinner is manageable but missing a release shot result in a wicket.

I was seriously considering starting a career as spinner to get more wickets

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
From what i have observed the main issue causing this is, whenever a batsman is facing the first ball from a bowler's spell it goes to a attacking field regardless of match situation and batsman score etc, and changes to defensive only when you get a couple of boundaries in.

For ex : warner may be 50 of 30 balls but when woakes comes in to bowl to him in 8th over in t20 for the first time he will start with attacking fields. Same to finch at the other end once he crosses over, and next over when rashid comes in for first time he starts it over again too.

In t20s the bowlers changes often and batsman also get out often hence its making it likely to have attacking fields a lot well beyond power-play. So unless this is changed/ overridden i guess attacking fields are going to be there.

And that's why the easiest short term fix would be for AI to simply pick the fields with max fielders out irrespective of the scenario. Later on Big Ant can take their time and tweak the logic but the fields that we currently see in shorter formats make those formats non-competitive.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Considering how important the AI fielding settings is to the gameplay that is really disappointing to hear that it's probably ages away from a fix.

Wont be ages, but it wont be in next patch...

Its frustrating, but the issue was and I still have the hump about this, was the complete and utter constant whinging when the game first came out.

The majority would have said fix the fields (a core part of the game play)

But there was so much attention made by, back foot no balls, which didn't affect game play and other ridiculous minor little things, that a patch was rushed out the door which effectively ruined a few things.

Sometimes, more than not, these forums can be to the detriment to the game.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia

Its frustrating, but the issue was and I still have the hump about this, was the complete and utter constant whinging when the game first came out.

But there was so much attention made by, back foot no balls, which didn't affect game play and other ridiculous minor little things, that a patch was rushed out the door which effectively ruined a few things.

is it nearly ready the patch

Rhone

International Cricketer

I wouldn't agree that these forums are a detriment to the game at all. BigAnt seem to rely heavily on this community to provide feedback on bugs and desired improvements. The level of interaction between BigAnt and the community is unique in my experience of gaming and forums. Your own role as a beta tester is testament to this.

The issue is being able to filter the quality feedback from the rubbish. The first patch was maybe a bit rushed though a desire to please people and the effort is encouraging, if not the execution.

Having said that, i get why they felt the need to fix backfoot no balls. It did not affect gameplay but visually it was jarring. I don't care, but many people will be new to BigAnt games and i could imagine it annoying cricket lovers new to the franchise. It would indicate to the layman that the developers were not aware of the most basic rules in cricket. It's like not having the offside rule working in a football game. It's more fun but it ain't Football and it needed to be fixed.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
I wouldn't agree that these forums are a detriment to the game at all. BigAnt seem to rely heavily on this community to provide feedback on bugs and desired improvements. The level of interaction between BigAnt and the community is unique in my experience of gaming and forums. Your own role as a beta tester is testament to this.

The issue is being able to filter the quality feedback from the rubbish. The first patch was maybe a bit rushed though a desire to please people and the effort is encouraging, if not the execution.

Having said that, i get why they felt the need to fix backfoot no balls. It did not affect gameplay but visually it was jarring. I don't care, but many people will be new to BigAnt games and i could imagine it annoying cricket lovers new to the franchise. It would indicate to the layman that the developers were not aware of the most basic rules in cricket. It's like not having the offside rule working in a football game. It's more fun but it ain't Football and it needed to be fixed.
That's Well said!!

s0074845

Club Captain

Is the stats being fixed for all formats like DBC14. Will it make in this patch if you don’t mind answering

Wealey

ICC Board Member

I said sometimes a detriment! Their interaction was far far more extensive when 14 came out.

But whinging and moanjng and insults meant they hardly post now.

Rhone

International Cricketer
I said sometimes a detriment! Their interaction was far far more extensive when 14 came out.

But whinging and moanjng and insults meant they hardly post now.

There is little doubt that you need very thick skin to be a games developer these days, especially one who chooses to interact with their customers on the internet. They have my sympathy on that front.

It's not a specific or unique problem with this forum though. I frequent forums for Dayz, Crusader Kings II, Battlefield 1, Pro Evo. Compared to some of those forums this place is a Vicars tea party.

Don't get too down on it, i only bought this game as it had positive feedback from beta guys who shared my opinion on previous BigAnt games. I like this forum because i feel that the opinions i voice will usually be listened too.

Users who are viewing this thread