Patch 1.05 Now Available on PS4

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I made this point, batting is way too forgiving. Only way I found I could get bowled is really mess with the custom timing sliders etc
It's may not be a new thing to realise but I had it the other night; I don't actually see the ball I just see the batting radar - after three games my brain is trained to see length = colour - and play according to that. If I remove all the guides I can't hardly see the ball at all, the white ball blends into the pitch, on far batting. The only dismissals I get are caught, run out and stumped apart from getting bowled by short pitched balls on soft pitches when I first got the game.

I was playing around trying to find a way to make it more difficult - I managed, just using the pitch marker and ball trail. It would be nice to have the option to have those colour coded by length like the aerial markers. Not having the field marker (when the ball is highlighted in the field) makes running more difficult which I liked. It wasn't a case of running almost immediately, I had to think and look for the ball. Got bowled out for 144 in an ODI. Unfortunately I then bowled out the opposition for about 80.

Hey waste are u on the beta team
Nope. I'm just a basic bitch.

players age
Shiv Chanderpaul might disagree with you about there being an age limit. I like that some skills do decrease though. I didn't play career on DBC 17 but I'll probably give it a go on Ashes.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Getting rain reduced custom 12 and 15 over matches where "No Rain" has definitely been selected. As usual it never tells you anything about the reduction. Innings one just bats until they discover that it's over all of a sudden.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Getting rain reduced custom 12 and 15 over matches where "No Rain" has definitely been selected. As usual it never tells you anything about the reduction. Innings one just bats until they discover that it's over all of a sudden.
This is something I feel @BigAntStudios has to seriously look in and solve.
Having rain is not an issue, even when you select no rain option. But once the overs are reduced, it has to be displayed on the screen next to overs.

Pat

International Coach

As a workaround for the time being, you can look at the scorecard from menu which will tell you the max number of overs per innings.

D

Deleted member 185125

This is something I feel @BigAntStudios has to seriously look in and solve.
Having rain is not an issue, even when you select no rain option. But once the overs are reduced, it has to be displayed on the screen next to overs.
This was added as a part for 1.04 patch but later removed in 1.05. I have a feeling they might include it in the next patch. I managed to get to video of the same. You can check it out in my yt channel.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
I made this point, batting is way too forgiving. Only way I found I could get bowled is really mess with the custom timing sliders etc
It would be wonderful if the beta team can throw some light regarding the following issues in the latest build... i dont expect everything to be looked into but whatever has been tackled with may be highlighted if possible.. i know the game has a solid foundation and some tweaks can make it even better... looking forward to your response...

@Llewelynf @T.J.Hooker @grkrama @blockerdave

1. Running between wickets
2. AI Field placements
3. Deep fielders should be few steps towards the boundary...this also results in AI not taking easy singles
4. Back foot pull unable to connect for deliveries outside off stump
5. Ball going through the bat
6. Stumping against spinners while missing a shot
7. Straight drive issue wrong animation..sometimes when trying to hit in the straight V, the batsman animation is towards mid off and ball travels to mid on or vice-versa. the ball even goes for a four or six... i have already posted couple of videos earlier..if needed i can post it again..
8. Weird front foot pull shot on green ball resulting in ball hitting the batsman's body
9. Easy six hitting
10. Very few edges while batting
11. AI bowling too many wides during short pitch bowling
12. Batting modifier values incorrect
13. Stuttering in night matches
14. Batsman grounding the bat after crossing the crease
15. Not able to run after ball hits the stumps
16. AI changes field in free hit
17. DL does not reduce powerplay overs
18. Pixelated logos of community downloaded teams
19. Career stats highest score not out bug and not out 50s & 100s not recorded
20. Backfoot cut goes to mid off
21. Cutters by fast bowlers turn way too much
22. Batsman given out caught by keeper even when no bat is involved.. there have already been some videos posted regarding this..

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
3. Deep fielders should be few steps towards the boundary...this also results in AI not taking easy singles

6. Stumping against spinners while missing a shot

8. Weird front foot pull shot on green ball resulting in ball hitting the batsman's body

9. Easy six hitting

10. Very few edges while batting

18. Pixelated logos of community downloaded teams
These are fixed in the current build.

2. AI Field placements

7. Straight drive issue wrong animation..sometimes when trying to hit in the straight V, the batsman animation is towards mid off and ball travels to mid on or vice-versa. the ball even goes for a four or six... i have already posted couple of videos earlier..if needed i can post it again..

20. Backfoot cut goes to mid off
21. Cutters by fast bowlers turn way too much
These are things we have spoken at length about in the last few days

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
What about the issue with the stadiums where you play as a custom with adboards then it delete all your academy

riteshagl

County Cricketer
These are fixed in the current build.

Thanks for the quick response.
Would it be right to assume that following issues havent been looked into or maybe you are not too sure about them yet. Just confirming

1. Running between wickets

4. Back foot pull unable to connect for deliveries outside off stump
5. Ball going through the bat

11. AI bowling too many wides during short pitch bowling
12. Batting modifier values incorrect
13. Stuttering in night matches
14. Batsman grounding the bat after crossing the crease
15. Not able to run after ball hits the stumps
16. AI changes field in free hit
17. DL does not reduce powerplay overs

19. Career stats highest score not out bug and not out 50s & 100s not recorded

22. Batsman given out caught by keeper even when no bat is involved