Patch 1.05 Now Available on PS4

grkrama

National Board President
Back Foot Shots - I'm not sure if it's just me and my friends, but is the timing demand for back foot shots much, much higher than front foot on the same difficulty? A lot of the time it's damn near impossible to play them (we play on 'Hard' and front foot is a reasonable difficulty). Could this be looked at?

ya this is something that needs to be looked at from dbc 17, back-foot drives have been poor cousins for front foot ones. In ashes you can crunch a few with back foot cover drive but only on hard pitches and if the ball is short enough, if the connectivity can be improved a bit to good-length ones and also made a tad more powerful i think it should be good.

AI bowling too many short bowls or easy to hit bowls sorted ? I mean AI should Bowl more offstump length with good swings in Test and ODIs under veteran and legend difficulties...

I think its better than before, but thats certainly something that needs to be looked at. They still dont test you enough with short of good length/ goodlength balls in the corridor much mainly in tests.

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
ya this is something that needs to be looked at from dbc 17, back-foot drives have been poor cousins for front foot ones. In ashes you can crunch a few with back foot cover drive but only on hard pitches and if the ball is short enough, if the connectivity can be improved a bit to good-length ones and also made a tad more powerful i think it should be good.

I think its better than before, but thats certainly something that needs to be looked at. They still dont test you enough with short of good length/ goodlength balls in the corridor much mainly in tests.
I have been out bowled, but only by yorkers and with no markers/radars on. When they're on I never feel like I'll be out lbw or bowled.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Singles in the deep is no longer an issue, that's sorted!

Just thought I'd chime in to say it's being worked on so stay patient.

Think most would prefer a solid path with all the things tweaked rather than a rushed bit part patch.

@blockerdave on the fielding chat as we speak.

Gameplay is nice. It's balanced. I'm not a huuuuge fan of the lofted shots. But they are rare and they are used as a release valve!
I wish you were a fan of lofted shots, maybe we could have one less bug to deal with..What do you think?

sonimrajk

County Cricketer
Singles in the deep is no longer an issue, that's sorted!

Just thought I'd chime in to say it's being worked on so stay patient.

Think most would prefer a solid path with all the things tweaked rather than a rushed bit part patch.

@blockerdave on the fielding chat as we speak.

Gameplay is nice. It's balanced. I'm not a huuuuge fan of the lofted shots. But they are rare and they are used as a release valve!
Thanks for the update.
Is rain delays issue fixed? I m getting almost every match as rain delayed. Hope they fix this in next patch.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
@WealeyH Have the career mode bugs sorted out as well? the player invalid age bug , proper player progression based on performance and career mode getting corrupted.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@WealeyH Have the career mode bugs sorted out as well? the player invalid age bug , proper player progression based on performance and career mode getting corrupted.
In DBC17 I had played till 45 years of the career player age. Still I was not retired, I had to forcefully stop playing myself and did self retirement. Not sure if in Ashes same Bug exists and some body had tried till that age.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
In DBC17 I had played till 45 years of the career player age. Still I was not retired, I had to forcefully stop playing myself and did self retirement. Not sure if in Ashes same Bug exists and some body had tried till that age.
Huhhh!! That’s hell a lot of playing mate.
Was there any skill drop after 35 years ?

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I was expecting something like after 36 years a retirement alert should be coming and after 39 yeras a player should get retired by systems logic.

Wilburella

Banned
Is it just for me or a regular occurrence that when in Cricket Academy sometimes nothing loads when you search ? Is just says 'Downloading Umpires/Teams/Players etc' and just keeps turning but never loading ?

Users who are viewing this thread