Patch 1.05 Now Available on PS4

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have you tried playing a Lofted Cut Shot on the Backfoot over Point ?

See where that ends up .....

Mine one bounces four between Extra Cover and Mid off each time , impossible to get it over Points head for me.

Yes, that's a bug that has already been reported.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Have you tried playing a Lofted Cut Shot on the Backfoot over Point ?

See where that ends up .....

Mine one bounces four between Extra Cover and Mid off each time , impossible to get it over Points head for me.

Needs some tweaking for sure. Hopefully after a patch or two most of these issues will be taken care of.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
If u do that against a spinner, the ball will hit the body and lob in the air and the keeper will catch the ball. Super frustrating. A flick would be perfect

Saw that as well but was lucky the inside edges didn't go to hand after hitting the batsman.

Wilburella

Banned
The problems for me

. Far too many wides and byes from short bowling especially early on. On legendary match difficulty they are bowling a wide an over nearly from short balls. Even on a 'soft' pitch.
. AI bowl too many short balls in general especially early on.
. AI bowling accuracy is rather poor. Playing on legendary match difficulty and no consistancy whatsoever.
. Batsmen react too late to a run. Often one batsmen makes his ground while the other still has 2/3s of the pitch to go.
. Leaving short balls on the front foot looks weird. Sometimes they will duck, but other times they leave it on the front foot and get hit.
. Back foot leg glance is really hard to play. Always ends up being a pull shot.
. AI do not take enough singles.
. AI sometimes not running when hit to a deep fielder.
. Need a pitch between Grassy and Dry. Normal perhaps ?
. While chasing in ODIs, the AI field settings are pretty bad! Seems like they have 5 or so pre defined fields that frequently change in a loop almost every other ball regardless of whats happening in the game.
. AI bowling around the wicket too early/often
. Change of bowling by AI really early almost always
. First/Second slip taking some of the takes the keeper should be taking (not catches per say but just normal takes)

Wilburella

Banned
Ideally I think they'd be trying to push it through by the 3rd test.
All of it's mainly minor tweaks needing, nothing major.
But anytime before Christmas would be good.

Wilburella

Banned
Quote from another thread by riteshagl is very true too.

"I think AI field placements really need work. I think it was pretty much sorted in dbc17 in the last patch (maybe patch 4). Though the fields were generally defensive with max outfielders but i dint really mind it. I think it was alright. Right now the AI keeps juggling between 4-5 fields without any logic no matter the outcome of the delivery.

Other than this easy six hitting also needs to be toned down. The aggresive shots are way too overpowered. Also, batting in general seems quite easy even on higher difficulties. Especially due to lack of edges, it seems all the more overpowered.

Also running between the wickets was spot on in dbc 14, i wish they make it similar to that.

Unable to pull short deliveries from 4th or 5th stump is another issue which i really really hope gets looked into. It was there is dbc 14 and dbc 17.

Also, i feel the bowlers bowl too many wide deliveries during short pitch bowling. It really releases the pressure and feels unreal.

Overrall the game is solid. It just needs a good patch to make it all the more better."

DanAllenGaming

School Cricketer
The platinum trophy on PS4 is still unobtainable and the games been out for weeks? When Are they going to fix it?

Danial Hamdani

School Cricketer
Been mentioned, taking time....
wealey ! will there be any changes from the console patch 1.05 in the pc steam version expected to release atleast one week before christmas? any new tweaks that you have done ? i heard you were still involved in improving pc version? any thoughts on that ? thanks!

jonah

International Coach
Man I hate those wickets when you bat/pad it and the wicket keeper sprints around with superhero speed and takes the catch in front of the batsman.
That and the front foot leg side shot that triggers a back foot pull.
Real game breakers for me that I hope will be rectified in the next patch.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just to keep you guys in the loop...

Latest build..

Australia 207/5

Warner cleaned up

Bancroft bat pad working to leg side thin edge

Smith nicked off defending Anderson

Khwaja went for 49 driving Ali snicker through to keeper

Handscombe fine tickle to the keeper defending on the back foot to the seamer.

Plays and misses, including Ali pitching middle spinning away to lefty evading the outside edge.

Lofted shots only occurring when batsmen was full green confidence and batting well, rare but occurring when AI get bogged down. Not slogs but proper shots

Users who are viewing this thread