Patch 1.05 Now Available on PS4

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I guess there were other issues, although tiny ones(maybe not affecting us) in v 1.0.3, which they needed to fix.

Still, from what I seem to have read, they have indeed started from a previous build which seems to work rather well. Not sure when the update will be pushed. I guess I will not be resuming the match until the patch arrives.

Saying that, since I wrote that message five minutes ago I have got a genuine bat pad and have knocked some stumps out, so it isn't broken as DBC17 was.

However I have found myself quitting and reloading every time the AI batsman lob another catch up on about 55 or so.

I bowl with perfect jump and release, but maybe it is something to do with not nailing the absolute perfect timing?

EDIT..

And an LBW... Nearly on a no ball I am jumping so late ... It seems the way the AI bat is heavily weighted towards minute timing differences, even if all in the perfect zone ...

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Saying that, since I wrote that message five minutes ago I have got a genuine bat pad and have knocked some stumps out, so it isn't broken as DBC17 was.

However I have found myself quitting and reloading every time the AI batsman lob another catch up on about 55 or so.

I bowl with perfect jump and release, but maybe it is something to do with not nailing the absolute perfect timing?

EDIT..

And an LBW... Nearly on a no ball I am jumping so late ... It seems the way the AI bat is heavily weighted towards minute timing differences, even if all in the perfect zone ...

Yes. Of course. Even in this state, it's a hell lot better than DBC 17. But I'm in the 2nd Test which happens to be a Day & Night one. The perfomance issues are making things difficult too. And since some users who've been playing the beta have already mentioned about the patch working a lot better, I would simply hold off the Test Series and play some Day Only T20's. Which are amazing in my opinion.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Trust me, the AI slogging one up in the air is something I have not stopped going on about. It single handedly kills the game for me.

After spending a few hours with the game today, the shot which frustrates me while I'm batting (user batting) is the weird pull shot played off the good length delivery. Somehow instead of a flick/glance shot played off the legs or hips the pull shot animation kicks in off a delivery which is too full to be pulled and most of the times the pull shot is edged into the body of the batsman. If Big Ant can change the shot to a flick/glance similar to how it was in DBC 14, it would be great.

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
After spending a few hours with the game today, the shot which frustrates me while I'm batting (user batting) is the weird pull shot played off the good length delivery. Somehow instead of a flick/glance shot played off the legs or hips the pull shot animation kicks in off a delivery which is too full to be pulled and most of the times the pull shot is edged into the body of the batsman. If Big Ant can change the shot to a flick/glance similar to how it was in DBC 14, it would be great.

Good point. I’m not sure why they altered it. It was fine in the previous games and looked genuine too.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
There's a few things still bothering me about the game which go alongside some of the very valid concerns raised by others.

Broadcast Fielding Camera View - In particular Fielding 1. Much of the field can be seen beautifully on some of the camera views, except the very bottom of the screen, so straight drives, on-drives and straight cover drives get obscured close to the line, so you can't field them properly.

Fielding (Catching) - On Semi Assisted at least. It used to be in the previous versions that you had to have the stick in the direction that the catch was coming from to successfully affect the catch (which you could forget, or seemingly do too early), but now your player just auto-runs to the circle and 99% of the time, catch taken. All skill gone from it. Does this change on higher difficulties? Reflex catch system is great though.

Weather Delays - Much like in DBC'17, there's no way to see how long these will be, so both sides are aware of how rain shortened the match is.

Selecting Custom Fields - It's so onerous, it almost forces you to believe that the designers do not want you using Custom Fields in the game. First you push up on the D-Pad, then move down to the first batsmans name and press Triangle, this brings up the Field Editor, move to and select 'Preset Fields', then press Triangle again to bring up the filter, then move down to 'Match Type', then cycle through the options until you find 'Any Form'. Move back up and click 'Accept'. Now you're ready to choose your custom field. Seriously?????

Coin Toss - In 2 player, it's a bit like the weather delays. There's no info. Who's tossing? Who's calling? One of the 2 players move the stick up and down, "oh, it's me".

Back Foot Shots - I'm not sure if it's just me and my friends, but is the timing demand for back foot shots much, much higher than front foot on the same difficulty? A lot of the time it's damn near impossible to play them (we play on 'Hard' and front foot is a reasonable difficulty). Could this be looked at?

Weather Enacting When No Rain Selected - Hasn't happened often, but has this happened to anyone else? Almost certain we chose No Rain on the games it happened on.

In a lot of ways this is a much better game than DBC'14, in some ways it sadly isn't. I hope Big Ant and the beta guys are able to get some good results for some of these issues, thanks.

Last edited:

Mr Snrub

International Coach

This goes to my point above about back foot shots. I totally agree. Especially for the good-fuller balls.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Selecting Custom Fields - It's so onerous, it almost forces you to believe that the designers do not want you using Custom Fields in the game. First you push up on the D-Pad, then move down to the first batsmans name and press Triangle, this brings up the Field Editor, move to and select 'Preset Fields', then press Triangle again to bring up the filter, then move down to 'Match Type', then cycle through the options until you find 'Any Form'. Move back up and click 'Accept'. Now you're ready to choose your custom field. Seriously?????

Although it probably won't speed up the process of selecting custom fields too much, you can push the big touch pad button (on PS4) and it takes you straight to the field editor. A shortcut to custom fields would be nice. Maybe a double press of the big touch pad. Although I only usually edit fields on the go.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Although it probably won't speed up the process of selecting custom fields too much, you can push the big touch pad button (on PS4) and it takes you straight to the field editor. A shortcut to custom fields would be nice. Maybe a double press of the big touch pad. Although I only usually edit fields on the go.

Great idea, the pressing of the touch pad could toggle between custom and preset fields, would be very handy. Oh well, the suggestion is there now I guess.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
If u do that against a spinner, the ball will hit the body and lob in the air and the keeper will catch the ball. Super frustrating. A flick would be perfect

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

EDIT..

Well i am in DBC17 for 240+ hours on steam.As a bowler i am getting more number of bowleds in casual and Tour matches if i bowl middle and offstump line .LBWs are very rare.
I always wanted AI to defend those and bat well. Please my request is don't ask for bowleds of AI.
ps: in Career mode AI is playing better defence

Last edited:

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yeah I'm on veteran too.

I guess it's not as easy as just rolling back to 1.03, or is it? Surely we could just stop there and pat ourselves on the back? What's with the tinkering?

Mate , I missed 1.03 , but there was still alot of glaring Bugs in that version from the feedback here , to not hail it as the best ?

Yeah sure , better than 1.04 , but still a far way off ?

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa

Have you tried playing a Lofted Cut Shot on the Backfoot over Point ?

See where that ends up .....

Mine one bounces four between Extra Cover and Mid off each time , impossible to get it over Points head for me.

Users who are viewing this thread