Patch 1.05 Now Available on PS4

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
No point putting out a patch if it could break or didn't fully fix the issue
I am not criticising or anything. Was really looking forwards to this fix. Havent started my career solely due to this. But as long as they are working towards it, all is well. I guess as they say patience is virtue. Haha

DeadShot

Club Captain
Gameplay wise which for me is king it's up there.

For example tested a Green Pristine pitch.

Little bit of info I found out and I'm sure many won't realise.

Green Pristine actually means grassy all over.

Whereas Green Worn means bits of grass. If that's makes sense.

4/5 wickets were nicked behind.

Some lovely play and misses etc.

Aerial wise it's rare and as iv said before comes as a release valve when the AI get bogged down. I suppose not too unrealistic but I think we have got away from the slogs that give their wicket away.

There's a few other fixes that address some online stuff etc which I know the guys at BA wanted out asap. So over tweaks etc that will next the game to the next level will come next.

Field setting by AI is being heavily looked at but won't make it in this update. That may annoy some but it takes time and is pretty complex!
Thanks for keeping us posted on progress!

Can we assume you beta boys are in final stage of testing the patch?

Hope stumping issue is also fixed.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
No point putting out a patch if it could break or didn't fully fix the issue
Would love your comments on the following issues. How many have made the cut in this patch? And how many are work in progress for future patches?

1. Running between wickets
2. AI Field placements
3. Deep fielders should be few steps towards the boundary...this also results in AI not taking easy singles
4. Back foot pull unable to connect for deliveries outside off stump
5. Ball going through the bat
6. Stumping against spinners while missing a shot
7. Straight drive issue wrong animation..sometimes when trying to hit in the straight V, the batsman animation is towards mid off and ball travels to mid on or vice-versa. the ball even goes for a four or six... i have already posted couple of videos earlier..if needed i can post it again..
8. Weird front foot pull shot on green ball resulting in ball hitting the batsman's body
9. Easy six hitting
10. Very few edges while batting
11. AI bowling too many wides during short pitch bowling
12. Batting modifier values incorrect
13. Stuttering in night matches
14. Batsman grounding the bat after crossing the crease
15. Not able to run after ball hits the stumps
16. AI changes field in free hit
17. DL does not reduce powerplay overs
18. Pixelated logos of community downloaded teams
19. Career stats highest score not out bug and not out 50s & 100s not recorded
20. Backfoot cut goes to mid off
21. Cutters by fast bowlers turn way too much
22. Batsman given out caught by keeper even when no bat is involved.. there have already been some videos posted regarding this..

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Field setting by AI is being heavily looked at but won't make it in this update. That may annoy some but it takes time and is pretty complex!

Overall issue with respect to the way fields are set and changed by AI can be explored in depth at a later time but IMO one tweak is needed at the earliest in shorter formats, i.e. AI to only select fields with max fielders outside the fielding circle. In this case even if AI's logic for selecting and changing fields is flawed or non-existent, the fields will still be reasonably ok as AI is only selecting fields which has maximum allowable boundary riders.

This is such a major concern at the moment that it overrides most of the other gameplay features and enhancements. I mean you can have the most fluid and realistic gameplay but if the AI puts in 2 slips and a gully with only 2 fielders outside the circle when you are 110/1 in 12 overs, you will end up shelving and moving on from the game. IIRC Big Ant managed to nail the "select fields with max fielders outside the fielding circle" in Patch 4 in DBC 17 and something similar would work as a short term fix.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
I
Overall issue with respect to the way fields are set and changed by AI can be explored in depth at a later time but IMO one tweak is needed at the earliest in shorter formats, i.e. AI to only select fields with max fielders outside the fielding circle. In this case even if AI's logic for selecting and changing fields is flawed or non-existent, the fields will still be reasonably ok as AI is only selecting fields which has maximum allowable boundary riders.

This is such a major concern at the moment that it overrides most of the other gameplay features and enhancements. I mean you can have the most fluid and realistic gameplay but if the AI puts in 2 slips and a gully with only 2 fielders outside the circle when you are 110/1 in 12 overs, you will end up shelving and moving on from the game. IIRC Big Ant managed to nail the "select fields with max fielders outside the fielding circle" in Patch 4 in DBC 17 and something similar would work as a short term fix.
Then this thing should have been a to

Wait for a month more , I guess..

D

Dutch

Would love your comments on the following issues. How many have made the cut in this patch? And how many are work in progress for future patches?

1. Running between wickets
2. AI Field placements
3. Deep fielders should be few steps towards the boundary...this also results in AI not taking easy singles
4. Back foot pull unable to connect for deliveries outside off stump
5. Ball going through the bat
6. Stumping against spinners while missing a shot
7. Straight drive issue wrong animation..sometimes when trying to hit in the straight V, the batsman animation is towards mid off and ball travels to mid on or vice-versa. the ball even goes for a four or six... i have already posted couple of videos earlier..if needed i can post it again..
8. Weird front foot pull shot on green ball resulting in ball hitting the batsman's body
9. Easy six hitting
10. Very few edges while batting
11. AI bowling too many wides during short pitch bowling
12. Batting modifier values incorrect
13. Stuttering in night matches
14. Batsman grounding the bat after crossing the crease
15. Not able to run after ball hits the stumps
16. AI changes field in free hit
17. DL does not reduce powerplay overs
18. Pixelated logos of community downloaded teams
19. Career stats highest score not out bug and not out 50s & 100s not recorded
20. Backfoot cut goes to mid off
21. Cutters by fast bowlers turn way too much
22. Batsman given out caught by keeper even when no bat is involved.. there have already been some videos posted regarding this..
You do realise that this is an absurd and unreasonable request? You might as well of asked him to list all the words in the dictionary with an "e" in them.......

storey205

School Cricketer
Similar to other posters using 1.05 I’m finding the batting in this game far too easy. On DBC17 I played most matches with the batting on Easy, however in ashes cricket I’m finding even the hardest difficulty setting not very challenging. The main issues are with regards to the lack of edges and stumping bug which is well documented by other users. Many aspects of the game resemble a marked improvement but back to DBC17 i go until the below issues are fixed.

1) No edges, in two ashes test matches not one edge. Also you can bat effortlessly for very long spells without getting out or coming close to missing the ball. Mistimings are rare and mostly end in either missing the ball or occasionally being bowled.
2) Most wickets fallen have been stumpings from a spinner playing a normal attacking shot. Batsman slow at returning to crease and the only way to counter this bug is adjust the stance deep into the popping crease.
3) Less of an issue but the visuals when playing square on the leg slide looks like an on drive.

Stil

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United States
WealeyH, thanks for the updates on the upcoming patch. Do you know what the team's plans are for future patches? Do they have a limit on how many improvements they'd make or could patches continue long term?

D

Dutch

WealeyH, thanks for the updates on the upcoming patch. Do you know what the team's plans are for future patches? Do they have a limit on how many improvements they'd make or could patches continue long term?
As far as I know its getting a patch out now to fix critical issues and longer term looking at gameplay enhancements....the sense is that they are in this for the foreseeable future....

grkrama

National Board President

From what i have observed the main issue causing this is, whenever a batsman is facing the first ball from a bowler's spell it goes to a attacking field regardless of match situation and batsman score etc, and changes to defensive only when you get a couple of boundaries in.

For ex : warner may be 50 of 30 balls but when woakes comes in to bowl to him in 8th over in t20 for the first time he will start with attacking fields. Same to finch at the other end once he crosses over, and next over when rashid comes in for first time he starts it over again too.

In t20s the bowlers changes often and batsman also get out often hence its making it likely to have attacking fields a lot well beyond power-play. So unless this is changed/ overridden i guess attacking fields are going to be there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 185125

I have observed a clear difference in AI batting, chasing vs batting first in the shorter format. The AI struggled in all the innings while chasing. (One could argue it's the scoreboard pressure). I have tried all the match Difficulty levels, but hardly any difference.
Observed the same things while bowling for both sides as well. I remember seeing excellent chases during the first patch, not sure if it is was due to better AI or my bowling not being good during that time. However, eagerly waiting for the new patch to find out the Improvements.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
From what i have observed the main issue causing this is, whenever a batsman is facing the first ball from a bowler's spell it goes to a attacking field regardless of match situation and batsman score etc, and changes to defensive only when you get a couple of boundaries in.

For ex : warner may be 50 of 30 balls but when woakes comes in to bowl to him in 8th over in t20 for the first time he will start with attacking fields. Same to finch at the other end once he crosses over, and next over when rashid comes in for first time he starts it over again too.

In t20s the bowlers changes often and batsman also get out often hence its making it likely to have attacking fields a lot well beyond power-play. So unless this is changed/ overridden i guess attacking fields are going to be there.
The more I've played the more I've realised that I will often not stick to the 'rules' of power plays and think it would add too much of an advantage to the human player if the AI was restricted to fields that do, e.g. always having the maximum number of fielders outside the circle in that phase of play. I know you're not suggesting that, and I'd only want to see that as a last resort.

Much like DBC 17, the impression I get is that the functions of how the field is determined (attacking, defensive, powerplay) and the fields available are more or less working. It's just that some fields need to be removed/added as options during particular phases of play (the ring field), tweaked slightly (narrowing gaps) or adjusted to remove vulnerabilities in a particular area. There's one field the AI uses with five men out, but nobody deep from, I think, third man to wide/long off. It's so easy to hit over the infield with minimal risk. That'd be fine if the AI was angling it down leg side but there will often just be good length balls waiting to be smashed. I don't know if a field is set and the bowler is supposed attempt to bowl to that field, or if you know whether the bowling is that complex. If it's not the level of detail Big Ant would want to reveal that's not problem to me. But, if I'm being gifted easy sixes because the bowler is failing in a plan that's great, but if the balls bowled and fields set are not linked, then it be prudent to ensure that fields at least offer some protection against poorly placed bowling.

I'll nearly never have a field without either at least deep backward point or deep cover/extra cover, even if I'm trying to get the AI to hit to leg. And generally my thinking for fields is a little more what will work in the game rather than what works in real life. Example: I think first and second slips are rarely any use in ODIs, if I have one it's usually 3rd or wider. So far it's rarely done me any harm. I'm getting plenty of wickets and had plenty of moments where I think my plan has worked perfectly after making a change and next ball the batsman hits one straight to that fielder.

Maybe it would help to have some user submitted fields - just a screenshot, the stage of the match, the thinking behind the field and how we are trying to achieve success, e.g.second powerplay, take wickets, bowl to an offside field and allow BA to consider adding them to the game. That way it might at least add some variety to the AI arsenal.

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
For the time being, best option to play limited over cricket is to set the field for AI by changing the team thru them selection, and set proper field with 5 outside the ring
And chase down the total.

Also, I've made my Batting team ( I only bat in this game) running attributes to 0 and bowling AI team running attributes to 100, so sharp crisp Fielding and no more easy singles and doubles.

Regarding edges , I bat without HUD in pro cam on HARD ( all modifier off) and out of 10wkts I usually have around 7 to 8 CT behind to wkt keeper and in slips.

It's real hard and satisfying playing this way.

Users who are viewing this thread