Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi everyone,

We've been working with the beta team on some updates, and we're ready to show off some of the progress made so far.

There is a build available right now on PC that you can opt in to on steam and try this out to give feedback.

To opt-in, right click the game in steam and select properties. Then select the 'Betas' tab, and select 'preview', then click close. This will then download the update containing the fix for this issue. You may need to restart Steam before this option will show in the list.

Update notes for this preview build are as follows:

- Added reset academy options
- Added option to have a real bowler as well as bowling machine for nets/ground training
- Added HUD enable/disable option to settings menu
- Enabled more cameras in ground training mode
- Fixed issue with uniforms not displaying logos
- Tuned stamina/confidence
- Tuned fielding, including wicketkeeper reactions
- Tuned edges
- Tuned AI batting
- Tuned ducking
- Tuned batting timing windows
- Online: Custom logos will be maintained after resuming save
- Academy: Can add players to teams with incomplete lineups
- Commentary/Sound improvements
- Stability improvements

And more to come!

Note: As this is a pre-release preview, there may be incomplete things. As a precaution back up your save data prior to switching to this preview release.

Please report bugs about this build in this thread, to avoid confusion with the console version.

To pre-empt the obvious question - I can't give a timeframe on this patch coming to console, and would rather that console stuff is discussed in another thread.

Enjoy, and let me know your thoughts on this update below.

Rhone

County Cricketer
Have you tested the build? can you play the build? have you feedback for this build?

Chill out. No where in the title does it mention this thread if for feedback. I'll refrain from asking any more questions if they aren't going to get a response though. Enjoy the new build PC guys.

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW

Thanks for all your efforts & patch work

Academy reset option seems a good new feature (rather than manually deleteing teams etc...)

V glad that you added few more cameras in the practice modes....Hope you will add cameras to the net practice mode too...

Now it will be fun to actually practice the game as is done in reality in the nets...(rather than only playing casual matches)

Cheers...

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Just checked the Nets training mode after updating the public beta patch....

Glad that BA finally gave a thought to add New camera angles apart from the behind the batsman angles (which are of no use to players like me who use broadcast / fixed style cameras)...

Since there was no broadcast camera option, I tried the Fixed far & close option but the camera was at a weird angle like a spider cam & tracking the bowler side on rather than behind the stumps as in the game...

I hope its a minor bug which can be fixed.....

Will now check the ground training modes....

@MattW

sdt16

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Checked the ground training mode too...

The fixed far & fixed close cameras are at a weird angle ( like fixed spider cam above mid on / midwicket ) unlike the actual fixed far / close angles as in the game...(which are absolutely amazing)

Also when I switched to bowling machine with broadcast camera 1 as batting camera... I got this weird angle where I could not seen anything...
20180515221924_1.jpg

Fixed Far (human bowler while me batting) gave this spider cam angle while the actual fixed far camera in game is brilliant...
20180515222624_1.jpg

Fixed close gives similar angle....

Hope these too being minor bugs can get corrected soon...

Its a welcome addition of new camera angles (so we can fine tune batting timing in the real training & also play with the sliders...

Last edited:

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Hi everyone,

We've been working with the beta team on some updates, and we're ready to show off some of the progress made so far.

There is a build available right now on PC that you can opt in to on steam and try this out to give feedback.

To opt-in, right click the game in steam and select properties. Then select the 'Betas' tab, and select 'preview', then click close. This will then download the update containing the fix for this issue. You may need to restart Steam before this option will show in the list.

Update notes for this preview build are as follows:

- Added reset academy options
- Added option to have a real bowler as well as bowling machine for nets/ground training
- Added HUD enable/disable option to settings menu
- Enabled more cameras in ground training mode
- Fixed issue with uniforms not displaying logos
- Tuned stamina/confidence
- Tuned fielding, including wicketkeeper reactions
- Tuned edges
- Tuned AI batting
- Tuned ducking
- Tuned batting timing windows
- Online: Custom logos will be maintained after resuming save
- Academy: Can add players to teams with incomplete lineups
- Commentary/Sound improvements
- Stability improvements

And more to come!

Note: As this is a pre-release preview, there may be incomplete things. As a precaution back up your save data prior to switching to this preview release.

Please report bugs about this build in this thread, to avoid confusion with the console version.

To pre-empt the obvious question - I can't give a timeframe on this patch coming to console, and would rather that console stuff is discussed in another thread.

Enjoy, and let me know your thoughts on this update below.
@MattW glad to see BA involving us to test the game (though am not using PC version)
Keep us informed on the developments.

balkeet

International Coach
Does it happen everytime or is it a one off??

not a one off
Happened in main game too, happened in beta now,
unable to emulate in ground training, all animations are perfect in ground training

Last edited:

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Happened in main game too, happened in beta now,
unable to emulate in ground training, all animations are perfect in ground training
So u mean it happens everytime in main game but does not happen in training? Just want be clear
Also, can you confirm if nerfed prod shot and backfoot dab has been fixed?

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
AI still slogging with impunity in ODIs. :facepalm

Not sure why all batsmen start with green confidence now either? Guessing it was done to help out the player when batting but it just makes it even more frustrating to bowl.

Users who are viewing this thread