PC Public Preview Update Now Available

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Issue I have is it’s easy to get perfect perfect when bowling..

But the AI need runs in limited overs to compete.. so they are going to have to launch perfect perfect balls as well..

I’m not sure how it would be fixed
I don't have the issue of bowling too many perfect perfect balls cause of my looking away from the HUD and using the run ups.

Surely though whether the AI is hitting perfect perfect balls, when runs are needed, should be based upon the match situation, the mentality and as @Spoobir says the confidence of the batsman. First ten overs for example - even if runs are needed a conservative batsman might be cautious when it come to slogging perfect perfect balls, and avoid it even if runs are needed until they have reached full confidence. An aggressive batsman might go after them once they reach 50% confidence, and Brute might go after every one.

balkeet

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also the inversed fielding radar after playing a shot in running cam fielding 1 needs to be corrected

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I don't have the issue of bowling too many perfect perfect balls cause of my looking away from the HUD and using the run ups.

Surely though whether the AI is hitting perfect perfect balls, when runs are needed, should be based upon the match situation, the mentality and as @Spoobir says the confidence of the batsman. First ten overs for example - even if runs are needed a conservative batsman might be cautious when it come to slogging perfect perfect balls, and avoid it even if runs are needed until they have reached full confidence. An aggressive batsman might go after them once they reach 50% confidence, and Brute might go after every one.

I think I've said something like this before but I'll repeat it.

I'm not really expecting amazing AI that can adapt to every match situation and I understand they probably need to cheat a little bit to be competitive with the player.

But the fact is currently in ODIs (probably t20 too but I don't play those) I know 100 PERCENT that the men I put out on the boundary will never have a chance at a catch. To me that is basically as bad as if you had test matches where you knew the ball would never go to the slips so there is just no point in having them. Even in the pre-patch dark days of the prod shot I had some catches on the boundary, now zilch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 185125

I think I've said something like this before but I'll repeat it.

I'm not really expecting amazing AI that can adapt to every match situation and I understand they probably need to cheat a little bit to be competitive with the player.

But the fact is currently in ODIs (probably t20 too but I don't play those) I know 100 PERCENT that the men I put out on the boundary will never have a chance at a catch. To me that is basically as bad as if you had test matches where you knew no ball would never go to the slips so there is just no point in having them. Even in the pre-patch dark days of the prod shot I had some catches on the boundary, now zilch.
T20 as well mate. Patch 1.08 that is. And was ok before 1.07.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
a9ca2863-4ce3-4934-a398-4b7a266bc8ca-jpeg.209487
bd8123b3-8115-46de-abf5-725ddd1c6856-jpeg.209488

I have spent hours on tests so I’m so pleased to see how it turning out...

Pros:

No last ball smash

I didn’t have any lofted shots again! Maybe one lofted drive but nothing threatening a six and only just over infield.

3 Unreal dismissals, a Bowled which I had to video and an edge chasing a wide one and brilliant LBW.

Only 3 edges but Dutch has had a few and so I’m thinking that’s down to pitch and conditions which is fine.

Loads of 1’s and 2’s and AI happy to play out maidens.

Cons:

Had two run outs that i restarted for batsmen at both ends.[DOUBLEPOST=1526415190][/DOUBLEPOST]

Cricketlover453534

School Cricketer
Can we now play at all modifiers at batting at 100 with legend hardest.. to give the most difficult batting experience.. as when everything is at 100 we were never able to connect the ball in legend hardest batting.. so basically what i am asking is that whether the batting modifiers are still broken or not? Because i just want to give myself the feel that i am batting at the highest level with highest possible difficulty.. i want to connect the ball atleast at that level..

Mr Snrub

International Coach
- Tuned fielding, including wicketkeeper reactions

Everything in this Public Preview Update looks great. I was especially interested in the above.

I'd appreciate anyone who has access to this update letting me know what form this tuning takes. I'm assuming wicketkeeper reactions means an increase in him whipping off the bails (great if so!)?

Without this update I've found a couple of issues with fielding to be quite important to outcome when gaming in multiplayer.

1) When a grounded ball goes out to the closer closer fielders in the mini-game situation, it doesn't matter if you field it well. They just hold onto it and don't return it with any speed (which you'd think would be the reward) and it's of no benefit at all to you for doing well, except the stopping it.

2) In the outfield, even catches on semi-assisted are all out of your hands. The old method of pushing the stick in towards the direction the ball came from is gone. At it's best in DBC'14 (on harder difficulties) you had to time it at the point the ball was on it's way down, so much better.

Have either of these been changed/improved in this update, can anyone who's played it let me know please?

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Is the nerfed prod to point/third man still there? It was just looping up before. I understand why it was nerfed because it's not really a real shot but the animation should be changed to accomodate a real shot (late cut/guide perhaps?). Just making it so you shoudn't play it doesn't really help when a batsman can play 360 around the ground.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Hi everyone,

We've been working with the beta team on some updates, and we're ready to show off some of the progress made so far.

There is a build available right now on PC that you can opt in to on steam and try this out to give feedback.

To opt-in, right click the game in steam and select properties. Then select the 'Betas' tab, and select 'preview', then click close. This will then download the update containing the fix for this issue. You may need to restart Steam before this option will show in the list.

Update notes for this preview build are as follows:

- Added reset academy options
- Added option to have a real bowler as well as bowling machine for nets/ground training
- Added HUD enable/disable option to settings menu
- Enabled more cameras in ground training mode
- Fixed issue with uniforms not displaying logos
- Tuned stamina/confidence
- Tuned fielding, including wicketkeeper reactions
- Tuned edges
- Tuned AI batting
- Tuned ducking
- Tuned batting timing windows
- Online: Custom logos will be maintained after resuming save
- Academy: Can add players to teams with incomplete lineups
- Commentary/Sound improvements
- Stability improvements

And more to come!

Note: As this is a pre-release preview, there may be incomplete things. As a precaution back up your save data prior to switching to this preview release.

Please report bugs about this build in this thread, to avoid confusion with the console version.

To pre-empt the obvious question - I can't give a timeframe on this patch coming to console, and would rather that console stuff is discussed in another thread.

Enjoy, and let me know your thoughts on this update below.
Thanks mattw for the updates. Never thought that you guys are still looking into these many items after the last patch.

balkeet

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is the nerfed prod to point/third man still there? It was just looping up before. I understand why it was nerfed because it's not really a real shot but the animation should be changed to accomodate a real shot (late cut/guide perhaps?). Just making it so you shoudn't play it doesn't really help when a batsman can play 360 around the ground.
Late cut is played now instead of prod

Users who are viewing this thread