No Requests Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod - Official Downloads Topic

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
This is the Official Downloads Topic for: Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod - A 10-Year Anniversary Project - Official Topic[
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Easy Installation
This is the recommended method of installing the Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod. It's nearly automatic and much, much easier than the manual installation method documented in the post below. I've spent a lot of hours creating Installers that will Patch your game with the full Mod as well as coding Logic into the Installers to make Patches cross-compatible and to handle various other tasks for you automatically.

Remember to always backup any of your own files you have edited before inserting mine. My recommendation is that you simply copy your entire "Documents\My Games\Codemasters" folder as well as the game installation folder (mine is "E:\Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009" for example) and paste in place or to your usual backup location.

- Instructions -

Please do me and yourselves a favour to save us all time by reading the Instructions for each Numbered Step carefully and in full before you begin. It's going to be a quick Installation anyway but if you try to rush too much you will probably mess up something that is really very simple.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1: I Recommend you start with a clean installation of the game (this is only necessary if you have modified your async.big.w32 file before though). Now Install the Open Beta 1 and then the Open Beta 2 Patches before you begin installing this Mod. So you don't have to go hunting for the Patches I've uploaded them for you:

Download -> Open Beta 1
Download -> Open Beta 2
2: Pick one of the following Files to replace your USER.DAT File located (on an installation of Windows to the C:\ Drive) here:
"C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\USER.DAT" on newer versions of Windows
and here: "
My Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\USER.DAT" on older versions.

Download -> USER.DAT :eng: (If You Are Playing with England)
Download -> USER.DAT :aus: (If You Are Playing with Australia)
Download -> USER.DAT :aus: (If You Are Playing with Australia and want Anderson to Bowl against you)

The Files have been specially prepared to ensure that the AI only picks the real Bowlers that featured in the Ashes 2019 Series. In order to do so some of the players on the opposing team that are not Bowlers have had their Bowling Abilities zeroed and their Bowling Type set to Off Spin - this is the only way to stop the AI from picking strange Bowling choices at times. The second USER.DAT File will allow Anderson to be in the England squad for the 1st Test but the AI will not select him as a Bowler. Broad, Woakes, Stokes, Ali & Denly will be selected instead - this is the closest we can get to simulating Anderson's injury that happened in the real 1st Test and meant he only bowled 4 Overs in the entire Series.

Copy this new USER.DAT file you just downloaded and Paste it into whichever of the two directories ("...\Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009" or "...\My Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009") where you found your old existing USER.DAT and accept/confirm if you are asked whether you want to replace/overwrite it.

If you already had the game installed and want to clear your old achievements/unlocks and start fresh then you should delete USRSTAT.DAT from the same directory where you updated the USER.DAT file.

3: Now we're ready to Download the Main Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod Setup! You simply need to decide whether you would like to have the Radar On or Off.

Download -> Ashes2019Mod.exe (RADAR OFF)
OR
Download -> Ashes2019Mod.exe (RADAR ON)
Don't worry if you are not sure, if you want to swap after trying one you can simply Download the other version and run it, the Setup will handle the Patching to swap from 'Radar Off' to 'Radar On' or vice-versa.

Once you have Downloaded the version of your choice, run the Ashes2019Mod.exe File - you will see a Window like (or very similar) to this one:

There are detailed Instructions that you can read inside the Setup if you get stuck. However, If you did not Install the game to "C:\Program Files (x86)Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009" then you simply need to Click 'Browse' and Navigate to the Directory called "final" inside your main Ashes Cricket 2009 Installation Location. Once you have selected your: "...\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\final" Directory you will see:

detecting.png

Followed by:

detected.png

Now Click 'Start' at the bottom-left corner of the Setup Window. Only Click Once and Wait - It will show: "Detecting Version... Please wait..." again because it's verifying that there have been no changes to the files it's about to Patch since the initial check, shortly after the Patch will begin and you can follow the On-Screen Instructions to completion.

Once the Patching has finished successfully you can close the Setup Window. You're now ready to play - Launch your game and enjoy! Unless you want to install the Hardcore Batting Mod, in which case you need to continue to Step 4.

4: This Step is optional. Make sure you have completed Steps 1-3 first!
If you would like to Install the Hardcore Batting Patch then proceed with the following Instructions - otherwise you can skip them and go play!

Download -> Ashes2019ModHardcore.exe (RADAR OFF)
OR
Download -> Ashes2019ModHardcore.exe (RADAR ON)
You can pick any combination of 'Radar Off' and 'Radar On'. I've programmed the Setup Applications to handle all combinations of Patches. That means; it doesn't matter whether you installed the Base Mod (Ashes2019Mod.exe) with Radar On or Off, the Patch Logic will take care of it all for you. So you can Bowl and Bat with the Radar On for both if you like, or Off for both. Or you can have it On for Batting and Off for Bowling, or otherwise Off for Batting and On for Bowling, just to be clear, every combination is possible, just pick which Patch you want. If you want to change it after, download the other Radar version and run the Setup again.

Download the version you want and run the Ashes2019ModHardcore.exe File. You will be presented with another Setup Window like you saw in the previous Step:

If you don't see the "Detected: Ready to Patch!" line then Click 'Browse' and Navigate to the Directory called "final" inside your main Ashes Cricket 2009 Installation Location. Once you have selected your: "...\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\final" Directory you will see "Detected: Ready to Patch!".

Now Click 'Start' at the bottom-left corner of the Setup Window. Only Click Once and Wait - It will show: "Detecting Version... Please wait..." again because it's verifying that there have been no changes to the files it's about to Patch since the initial check, shortly after the Patch will begin and you can follow the On-Screen Instructions to completion.

Once Patching is complete the Setup Application will install a File called: "batting-bowling-switcher.bat" into your: "...\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\final" Directory then it will attempt to create a Desktop Shortcut to it.
Once you have successfully completed the Patch and Installation, close the Setup Application. Now you can simply run this batting-bowling-switcher.bat File or the Shortcut to it in order to easily swap between Bowling with the Reticle and Batting with the Hardcore Mode (Late Pitch Point & No Bowling Reticle). Each time you run this File it will swap them and you'll see a message alerting you to which mode is currently enabled.

That's it - Now go enjoy the game!

If you are not sure what this Topic is about and/or you would like more information then please head to: Ashes Cricket 2019 Mod - A 10-Year Anniversary Project - Official Topic
[

Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Manual Installation
The only time anyone should try to install this Mod manually is if for some reason the Patches above don't work for you or if you wish to try and install this Mod or a part of it on top of your existing modifications - Note: I don't recommend trying to install this Mod on anything but a clean installation of the game so if you choose to do otherwise and have trouble I'll be unable to provide you any support. If you still wish to proceed with the manual installation then I recommend you grab a cup of Coffee, Tea or a Beer first - it will take the average user about 1 hour to fully install, I managed to do it in 30 minutes but I'm fast and used to working with these files, better take your time to make sure you don't make any errors and read/follow my instructions carefully!

- Downloads -
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Manual Installation Section is currently unavailable because it needs to be updated.

Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
It's better like this though, I mean, I never kept good track of the many files I have modified, I wish I had documented them as I went along, something to remember for the future I guess. It helps if you actually know you are planning on releasing something from the start though which I never did. At least this way I know exactly what I need to include in any patches by going through all of the individual files first, I don't want to end up bundling together other files in a patch that are random things I downloaded in the past.

ImLucifer

School Cricketer
- Downloads -
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Squads:

The following file must replace your USER.DAT file located (on an installation of Windows to the C:\ Drive) here: "C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\USER.DAT" on newer versions of Windows and here: "My Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\USER.DAT" on older versions.

This USER.DAT file has been specifically prepared for playing the Series as England. In order to ensure the AI picks the correct Australian Bowlers some of the Australian Players have had their bowling abilities reduced to zero and modified from swing/seam to spin to prevent the AI from selecting them because they did not bowl in the series/do not form part of the Australian attack. Unfortunately the result of ensuring the correct bowling order for the first test is that their batting lineup is now slightly out of order because the batting position also affects the order of the bowling selection by the AI - but only the tail, so it's a price worth paying to ensure the bowling order is correct.

Once I have finished sharing all of the Downloads I will endeavour to make a version of this file specifically for those who wish to play the Series through with Australia to ensure the AI picks the correct English bowlers.

Download -> USER.DAT
Installing the files that follow below this message requires you to download and run Big Editor, get it here. Extract it to your game installation directory and run it from there as instructed here. If the Big Editor asks which file you want to open when you run it then select the following file (Your Installation Drive\Path): "\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009\final\async.big.w32"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Data:

Download -> global.db |
This file is essential, it is responsible for swapping some faces/hairstyles, I can't remember now but I may have made other tweaks to it too. Using the Big Editor you need to navigate to: "AC09/startup/startup.wad/startup/database" select the global.db file, click 'replace' then navigate to your Download Location and select this updated file.

Download -> english.csv | This file is essential, it is responsible for updating textual references of 2009 to 2019. Using the Big Editor you need to navigate to: "AC09/gdata/global/locale/frontend" select the english.csv file, click 'replace' then navigate to your Download Location and select this updated file.
(The Download Button is on the top-right of the screen due to it being a .csv file)
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Faces:

Download -> faces.zip |
This .zip archive contains all of the player faces that make up the two Ashes 2019 squads. Extract the "Faces" folder inside faces.zip to a location of your choice such as your Desktop. Using the Big Editor you need to navigate to: "AC09/characters/heads/models" you'll notice 7 directories, 5 of which share the same names as 5 directories inside the "Faces" directory you extracted from the faces.zip archive. Open the 'Australia' directory and the corresponding 'Australia' directory in the Big Editor: "AC09/characters/heads/models/australia" inside the directory you extracted you will see an individual directory for each player, the directory names show the name of the model you need to replace inside the Big Editor followed by the real squad player that this face is for. Example: "ben_hilfenhaus - Mitchell Starc". So to add Starc's face open "AC09/characters/heads/models/australia/ben_hilfenhaus" select ben_hilfenhaus.model and replace it with the ben_hilfenhaus.model file from the "australia/ben_hilfenhaus - Mitchell Starc" directory you extracted from faces.zip. Repeat for all of the other faces you find in those 5 directories apart from Adil Rashid, Alastair Cook, James Anderson Mitchell Marsh, Phil Hughes & Shaun Marsh - these do not need updating as they are still the original files, I just included them for the sake of having a complete set of faces for both squads. Inside each player directory you'll also find a directory called "model" inside here is a backup of the other files contained inside the .model file and a copy of the image files which make the faces in case anyone wants to have a go at improving any themselves, please share your work back here if you do!
(Use the Download Button on the top-right of the screen after you click the link due to it being a .zip file)

The following faces were made by Nikhil V: Aaron Finch, Ben Foakes - originally Eoin Morgan, David Warner, James Faulkner, Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Johnson, Pat Cummins, Steve Smith & Stuart Broad. Unfortunately as you are banned and your download topic is locked I have no way to try and contact you to ask for your permission to include these files but I do so to make the lives of anyone downloading this Mod easier and with gratitude that you made some great faces that thankfully reduced the number I've had to make myself! If you have any issue with me including your work please contact me via: [email protected]

The following faces were made by me:
Ben Stokes
Chris Woakes
Craig Overton
Dawid Malan
Jack Leach
James Vince
Jason Roy
Joe Denly
Joe Root (Using Nikhil V's original as a template)
Jofra Archer
Jonny Bairstow
Jos Buttler
Keaton Jennings
Mark Stoneman
Mason Crane
Moeen Ali
Rory Burns
Sam Curran

Cameron Bancroft
James Pattinson
Marcus Harris
Marnus Labuschagne
Matthew Wade
Mitchell Starc (Using Haseeb11's original as a template - Thank-you @Haseeb11 - feel free to use any of my files in your work if you need)
Nathan Lyon
Peter Handscomb
Peter Siddle
Tim Paine
Travis Head
Usman Khawaja

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Kits:

Please stay tuned and check back as I will be editing gradually and adding more downloads.
OMG! that's phenomenal
Great work brother
Hope you continue modding

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Kits are up, installation instructions on the way - I'm struggling to find who the original creator of this Australia Test Kit was:
shirt-sleeves-long-d-2.png

As far as I remember I only added the "2019 Ashes Tour of England" text. I've spent 2 hours searching the Forum :( Does anybody know?

--- EDIT ---
Nevermind, it was: rohitmaharana58 !

Last edited:

ImLucifer

School Cricketer
Last edited:

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

Could be but it looks like his Australia Test kit is a little different, it has black lines down the side not yellow I think. Not sure if Kuldip even logs in here anymore so we may not get an answer from him. Well hopefully we can figure it out so they can receive the credit for doing most of it.

I just figured out who it was: @rohitmaharana58 ! Original Post: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...orts-overlay-logos.89264/page-35#post-2966031

Last edited:

ImLucifer

School Cricketer
Kits are up, installation instructions on the way - I'm struggling to find who the original creator of this Australia Test Kit was:
shirt-sleeves-long-d-2.png

As far as I remember I only added the "2019 Ashes Tour of England" text. I've spent 2 hours searching the Forum :( Does anybody know?

--- EDIT ---
Nevermind, it was: rohitmaharana58 !
Well i think it's not 2019 ASHES KIT brother because it has different PATTERN than current[DOUBLEPOST=1573028933][/DOUBLEPOST]3d0fd9f2c9d16501dfae58cc5444a8e9.jpeg

AshesCricket2019

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Well i think it's not 2019 ASHES KIT brother because it has different PATTERN than current[DOUBLEPOST=1573028933][/DOUBLEPOST]View attachment 227956

I think it's the closest Australian Test Kit I've seen / been able to find on here:
4767ed8cf16c1f027a7d31281a14b1b7_XL.jpg

Also, we can't do anything about the yellow on the collar because it's on the inside of the collar, as far as I know it's only possible to show the outside of the collar. It looks like the only real difference is that the yellow line should run underneath the armpits and not down to the side? For me it's good enough, I've reached the point where I've just had enough of all this stuff and want to get it completed now :( If somebody wants to make perfect kits to be included in this mod and the patch then it will need to be very soon because I'll be making the patcher in the next week or two probably.

Users who are viewing this thread