3d models for TAOC

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
ok if u are so desperate to take stadiums from EA then please covy take the permission from EA and also i have added firoz shah kotla stadium in place of chinnaswamiand for the answer whether we should have one stadium per test playing country then my answer would be no as take example of india-there are two main stadiums in india that could not be cancelled which are firoz shah kotla,delhi and eden gardens,kolkata

we should do minimum two stadiums per test playing country

Last edited:

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
as JK said that there should have 1 stadium per test playing country so as to release the game as faster as they can so i have updated the stadium list by giving only 1 stadia per test playing country

is this OK

England:

Lords, London(Completed)

Australia

SCG, Sydney(Completed)

West Indies

Queens Park, Grenada(Completed)

South Africa

Newlands Cricket Park, Cape Town

India

Eden Gardens, Calcutta(Completed)

Pakistan

Gadaffi Stadium, Lahore(Completed)

Sri Lanka

Saravanamuttu Stadium, Colombo

Bangladesh

Sher-e-Bangla Mirpur Stadium, Dhaka

New Zealand

Eden Park, Auckland(Completed)

Kenya

Nairobi Gymkhana Club, Nairobi

now there are only 10 stadiums and if you cancel kenya too then only 9 stadiums from which 6 stadiums have been completed,so only 4 stadiums are left to complete..

Tanmay

Club Captain
295bdr9.jpg

Here is the final render of the PCA stadiu Mohali the best stadium in India after Eden Gardens
Comments needed
Need help in making roof and texturing

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
:rolleyes:I have one simple question. To make the rails(the ones on the balcony,etc.) Which tool should i use which will be easier and faster? I don't want to make thin lines of subes stretched out and thenn arrange them horizontally and stuff like this because it will look messed up. When i use NURBS square under curves tab then it doesn't show up in the model when i render it. I need to know how to make rails. Which tool should i use, thats it.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
@MS_Dhoni:
Either use polygon planes to make up the fence, so one for each piece of metal; or use one large poly plane and place a transparent texture on it.

@Tanmay:
What's the poly count on those models? It looks like it might be quite high and require some simplification.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
295bdr9.jpg

Here is the final render of the PCA stadiu Mohali the best stadium in India after Eden Gardens
Comments needed
Need help in making roof and texturing

Tanmay,

that's looking quite awesome, well done. Lazy is right, though, perhaps it's using a few too many polygons (unnecessarily)...For example where you have the windows on the building extruded inwards this should really be done with the texturing. Building details on flat faces should really be done by textures. Its only really the main shapes that should be modelled in 3D

hope that helps a little.

LM

Tanmay

Club Captain
Tanmay,

that's looking quite awesome, well done. Lazy is right, though, perhaps it's using a few too many polygons (unnecessarily)...For example where you have the windows on the building extruded inwards this should really be done with the texturing. Building details on flat faces should really be done by textures. Its only really the main shapes that should be modelled in 3D

hope that helps a little.

LM

LM and LC
i dont know how to check the poly count and as i have mentioned before in the posts that i'm bad at texturing so i modelled it fully.BTW i use Spline technique to Model the stadium is ther another way???Maybe Box Modelling??

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
LM and LC
i dont know how to check the poly count and as i have mentioned before in the posts that i'm bad at texturing so i modelled it fully.BTW i use Spline technique to Model the stadium is ther another way???Maybe Box Modelling??

which version of 3ds MAX are you using.... ???
you can check the polycount by pressing 7

dont use spline technique....it'll give you lot of grief....box modelling technique is much better...poly conversion or mesh conversion is upto your convenience....:)

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
@nabeel - replace cape town with johannesburg and R.Premadasa instead
of Saravanamuttu....and remove kenya...

the problem is that we dont wanna be biased towards a particular country (EA ARE YOU LISTENING !!!!! :mad)
as an indian, i want as many indian stadiums but am not making the game
only for me or the indian people alone.....!!

so, unless and until we are absolutely sure of completing 2 stads per test playing country....we wont proceed...

jkartik added 2 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

The total poly count is 4,408
Is it too high??
I use 3ds Max 9 Kartik

OMG !!!! 4,408 is HUGE......but anyways...the polycount limit is 10,000..
so if you can mop it up before that....then no probs !! ;)

@TO ALL MODELLERS - we are using 3ds MAX 9....a higher version than that will not be accepted by the game....

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
can ya get me a more close up shot of the pavillion and stands ??
and also a sideish angle would do good ! ;)

Tanmay

Club Captain
Sure!
Screenies coming right up

Tanmay added 4 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

69dvs9.jpg

2u6ph6w.jpg

qozy55.jpg

8w0gsw.jpg

Here are the close up renders of the pavilion and stands and an sideish view as per requested by JKartik

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Sure!
Screenies coming right up

Here are the close up renders of the pavilion and stands and an sideish view as per requested by JKartik

looks good so far.....suggestions :-

1) no need to create the steps.....texturing will take care of it....

2) for the pavillion, some changes in the shape are required...
the gaps / poles should be in-line with each other..
Cricinfo - A poor turnout for the Test

3) add a rooftop for the pavillion

4) the stands need to be joined together....

KUTGW !!

Users who are viewing this thread