3d models for TAOC

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
From looking at your new red and blue stand, I would say that it seems that there is a great deal of messiness in your model. In the part closest to the camera there appear to be creases or something, where you've tried to make polygons line up with each other or something.

In the side furthest from the camera, the edge of the stand goes up and down and all over the place. This is likely to increasing the poly count significantly. As is the wobbly trees and wobbly roof.

it'll be better once he removes the wobliness.....its unintentionally making the model look bad....

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Much, much better.

One small thing...

The stand is built from a triangle wedge with a "rim" placed around it, from the looks of it. The problem is that the "rim" does not line up with the triangle perfectly, and it really should.

This would be most easily done by creating a cube, deleting the top and bottom faces, then grabbing each vertical set of corner vertices (one vertex above the other) and moving them so that they line up, in plan, with the corners of the wedge shape. Make sure you're using snapping to allow you to snap your vertices into place exactly.

Also, think about whether your poles really need to be perfectly cylindrical. Think about perhaps making them 4-sided or 6-sided. This greatly reduces the poly count and makes texturing a little bit easier. You can also do what is called "softening" of the normals of the faces, which means that an angular object looks smoother by changing the way light reflects off it.

General Advice:
Remember that a lot of stands are quite similar, so you might not have to remodel everything completely. By taking an existing stand and modifying its proportions, it can be a good base to start another stand from. This is easier to do if your models are tidy and well put together, so paying attention to detail over things like vertex snapping really is important.

Tanmay

Club Captain
As told by JK and LC i have re done the Johannesburg stand.I think its better than the earlier one

de9xef.jpg

23h226v.jpg

2urwf2h.jpg

I have added excess lighting so that the roof is somewhat visible.
Comments please.In the render pics you can see the two models the right one is the new one.

Tanmay

Club Captain
Good job nabeel.BTW somebody tell me how to make the stands and other things curved as nabeel made it?

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
should i apply the texture or edit the stadium more and secondly should we remove the upper shade cover as most of the bangladeshi stadiums do not have the upper shade cover

gocricketgo

School Cricketer
Given the minimum prediction for release is 6 months on the other thread (although I have a sneaky suspiscion JK & LM are misleading us there and are almost ready to release) I think there should be plenty of time to make lots of stadiums for the main countries. Particularly for England because lots of people will probably want to play the ashes; but also for Aus, SA and India.

If you only add a 1/2 more english stadiums then don't add Old Trafford, it doesn't have a test for like 3 years. I would love to have a go at making stadiums if I get some free time, I seem to be very busy at the moment, but with half-term approaching I think I will try Headingley then so nobody do that for now.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I must say, as an observer, that the amount of enthusiasm shown to the stadium making is quite extraordinary and promising for the game.

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
I must say, as an observer, that the amount of enthusiasm shown to the stadium making is quite extraordinary and promising for the game.

agreed, keep it up everyone!

Great stuff coming out so far, though i do need to mention that they really should be textured...otherwise it means a whole lot of work for us guys...:(

There are plenty of unwrapping tutorials on the net...have a look and learn guys. I know that the cricket community is very smart and resourceful ;)

No challenge is to great for us! Mwahahaha :p

Tanmay

Club Captain
Guys i'm trying really hard at modelling Johannesburg its quite complicated.Finished 3 stands of Jo'burg.Here are some render screenies
Wll took me a long time to do this as i'm a novice and nowhere to professional.Comments and Feedbakc Expected

2n20kk9.jpg

mtlbms.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread