3d models for TAOC

Tanmay

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
looks good so far.....suggestions :-

1) no need to create the steps.....texturing will take care of it....

2) for the pavillion, some changes in the shape are required...
the gaps / poles should be in-line with each other..
Cricinfo - A poor turnout for the Test

3) add a rooftop for the pavillion

4) the stands need to be joined together....

KUTGW !!

Jkartik thanks a ton for the straight pic of the pavilion.As you suggested i will join the stands and remake the whole small pavilion again with rooftop(for both pavilions).Thanks again

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
@JK
as u said that there should have only 1 stadia per test playing country and with your info i have remade the new list of stadia and for tanmay,dude for now we should do other stadiums as india's 1 stadium is already completed and each country should have only 1 stadium therefore,make srilanka or southafrica stadiums first and then mohali afterwards

England:

Lords, London(Completed)

Australia

SCG, Sydney(Completed)

West Indies

Queens Park, Grenada(Completed)

South Africa

Wanderers Stadium,Johanesburg

India

Eden Gardens, Calcutta(Completed)

Pakistan

Gadaffi Stadium, Lahore(Completed)

Sri Lanka

R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

Bangladesh

Sher-e-Bangla Mirpur Stadium, Dhaka

New Zealand

Eden Park, Auckland(Completed)

i think this is the final stadia list for the game for Ist release

nabeel3494 added 45 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

hello guys i am making dhaka stadium and the previews of public stand

pay attention on the shade cover that i have specially made for dhaka stadium and the main triangular stand is made of just one box or polygon and the cylinders are the woodlogs to support the shade

hope u'll like it
comments are needed:happy

Last edited:

Tanmay

Club Captain
great one nabeel3493.They look very realistic.Thanks for telling me that TAOC is gonna include only 1 stadium per Nation.

So i tried making a Johannesberg Stand.The roof took a lot of time,but not made completely need to attach it to the poles etc.Comments and Feedback are always welcome
Thanks

2ajap85.jpg

2r23ak1.jpg

The renders are done with some comman light effects.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
@JK
as u said that there should have only 1 stadia per test playing country and with your info i have remade the new list of stadia and for tanmay,dude for now we should do other stadiums as india's 1 stadium is already completed and each country should have only 1 stadium therefore,make srilanka or southafrica stadiums first and then mohali afterwards

everything is cool except for Kenya...will not be there for the 1st release....

hello guys i am making dhaka stadium and the previews of public stand

pay attention on the shade cover that i have specially made for dhaka stadium and the main triangular stand is made of just one box or polygon and the cylinders are the woodlogs to support the shade

hope u'll like it
comments are needed:happy

ahmmmm.....i havent seen the stad..so can i have the reference pic from which you modelled it....

jkartik added 2 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

great one nabeel3493.They look very realistic.Thanks for telling me that TAOC is gonna include only 1 stadium per Nation.

So i tried making a Johannesberg Stand.The roof took a lot of time,but not made completely need to attach it to the poles etc.Comments and Feedback are always welcome
Thanks

The renders are done with some comman light effects.

hmmm.....again...can i have the reference pic please.....??

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Hey Kartik you gotta include in this game the ability to add new stadiums!

Tanmay

Club Captain
I still have to make attach all parts together and to curve them
BTW Jk please tell me where can i improve?

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
sure JK my reference pic is this.
sorry but this is the finest pic i could find of dhaka stad.no other zoomed picture was there so i made the public stand by imagining and little bit of seeing the pic
and also i have seen the bangla stadia in EA cricket 07 when i played and there were the wood logs and shade cover so with that rememberance,i have made the stadium

is this ok??

i have made the left hand side public stand

and @JK,i have removed Kenya and for the modellers remember that the FINAL STADIUM LIST is at page 4 ofthis topic soo whenever you want to see the list see from this page....

Last edited:

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
@JK & LM

please could you post the blank template of face body and legs so that the members could make the player textures for contributing for TAOC

hope you dont mind..

nabeel3494 added 40 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

another public stand made by me...

reference pic is the same

comments are welcommed

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
@JK & LM

please could you post the blank template of face body and legs so that the members could make the player textures for contributing for TAOC

hope you dont mind..

reference pic is the same

comments are welcommed

hmm....sorry....some things are best if kept hidden ! ;)
but this game is very very editable...so you can make all the chopping
and changing you want after the game releases :)

ahmmm....why is the roof so up and down ??? make sure the vertices
are in line with each other...

jkartik added 5 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I still have to make attach all parts together and to curve them
BTW Jk please tell me where can i improve?

dont think am being harsh or anything....for starters....it doesnt really match much with the ref pix.....

the dimensions are all wrong....the roof looks bigger than the stand....

also, the overall size should be bigger / wider and there should be a lot more of
those cylindrical shaped rooftops.....

you have the potential to do much better !! ;)

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Some general pointers:

- for poles, don't use cylinders with 20+ sides to them - 4 to 6 should be OK.
- keep an eye on the proportions of your stands. To create my stands, I go through a system of measuring the height-width ratio of a window, say, then create a temporary box of that proportion to fit things around.

Tanmay, that Wanderers stand is way off. In case you're not able to spot what's wrong I'll list what I can see here:
- the size of the roof compared to the stand - yours is way too big
- the slope of the stands - look at the right-end of the stand in the photo as that should give you an idea
- everything seems a bit.....wobbly.

nabeel, the blue stripy stand looks as though it would hold about 50 people (like something from a village fete or something) rather than the hundreds it seems to hold in the photo. Again, have a look at the width-height ratio of the stands in the photo, and use it in your model for higher accuracy.

To summarise, from what I've seen, it looks as though the main problem is the proportions of things. Try drawing the different views of the stand on a piece of paper (or use Photoshop's cool crop with perspective feature if you know how) before starting building. Another potentially useful tool is Google Maps/Google Earth.

lazy_chesnut added 5 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

JK I think if you look at nabeel's ref photo, there does seem to be some wobbliness in the roof covering of the stripy stands, but nowhere near as much as nabeel has. I think that's part of what makes the proportions look wrong.

Just also noticed, nabeel, that the stripy covering doesn't seem to come down over the front of the stand. Rather there is some sort of steel structure which the covering is stretched over. Also, there seems to be a lot more poles than you have.

_Nabeel_

Club Cricketer
yup LC poles are more and roof is not down,i will improve them and for the width hieght proportions ,for just now i am making the whole model with small structure and afterwards i will increase the proportions and also i have made a new public stand

@JK,i have made the roof verticies up down to give it a look that air is passing from under,if you dont like this then i could remove them too

Last edited:

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
yup LC poles are more and roof is not down,i will improve them and for the width hieght proportions ,for just now i am making the whole model with small structure and afterwards i will increase the proportions and also i have made a new public stand

@JK,i have made the roof verticies up down to give it a look that air is passing from under,if you dont like this then i could remove them too

dont do the wobbliness.....doesnt look nice....plus, it wont wobble everytime will it ??

hmmmm. dont get me wrong....somehow the model looks more like a caribbean beach lounge than a stand :p...

TIP :-

DONT RUSH INTO ANYTHING........first analyze the stand, etch out the
proportions...be absolutely sure of what your making and compare with the ref pix couple of times to see the similarities / differences....

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
From looking at your new red and blue stand, I would say that it seems that there is a great deal of messiness in your model. In the part closest to the camera there appear to be creases or something, where you've tried to make polygons line up with each other or something.

In the side furthest from the camera, the edge of the stand goes up and down and all over the place. This is likely to increasing the poly count significantly. As is the wobbly trees and wobbly roof.

Users who are viewing this thread