AC09 Mod Manager - v0.1 Released

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
so basically decompress the amf with 7z and then replace one by one?

Yes

sachin_rocks added 5 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

It is even easier than that after you extract the .amf file you will see a configuration file open it in a text editor then for eg it will be
shirt_sleeves_long_d.dds

AC09/characters/kits/india/odi/shirts/generic/longsleeve/
just open big editor then paste the location and then replace with the file
or you can use this tutorial and make an easy installer if it is a long file !

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I'm having a funny problem, when I try and install a mod, the manager gets stuck on 'installing your mods', although it's not registered as not responding. CPU usage also gets stuck at 100%
I'm not sure about what you mean. Is it after click the install option? And sachin, Kshitiz has worked hard on this and I doubt he won't respond to the questions. He is maybe just too busy with life. So, please co-operate.

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
I'm not sure about what you mean. Is it after click the install option? And sachin, Kshitiz has worked hard on this and I doubt he won't respond to the questions. He is maybe just too busy with life. So, please co-operate.

i know he has worked hard on it and am not taking any credit away from him but he has ABANDONED it himself due to time concerns maybe.
And it is not good to use "no longer maintaned" buggy software.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yeah I guess I've stretched it too far now. Its not like I don't want to maintain the Mod Manager, I really do. I've just been terribly short of time. I can't give any timeframes as of now, but I'm trying my best to work on it. The project has NOT been abandoned. There could be an update tomorrow, or next week, I don't know. As soon as I get time I'll get working on it!

Kshitiz_Indian added 1 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

I'm having a funny problem, when I try and install a mod, the manager gets stuck on 'installing your mods', although it's not registered as not responding. CPU usage also gets stuck at 100% :crying
That is a new one. Can you please open the Task Manager at that time and see which process is takign up the CPU - "BIGE.exe" or the Mod Manager exe? And if you can attach the .amf here as well, it'd be great! Thanks! :)

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
Yeah I guess I've stretched it too far now. Its not like I don't want to maintain the Mod Manager, I really do. I've just been terribly short of time.
yeah i posted it could be time concerns

I can't give any timeframes as of now, but I'm trying my best to work on it. The project has NOT been abandoned. There could be an update tomorrow, or next week, I don't know. As soon as I get time I'll get working on it!

Good News
Your previous posts sounded like it had been abandoned

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I was rather frustrated when I made that previous post. Its not like I'm not enjoying my life, I really am(:p) but that also means that I find less and less time for other commitments.

sachin_rocks

International Cricketer
Now as we can open amf files using 7-z, I think it will be convenient to post amf files. So that it will work for everyone.

why don't make a installer that works for all using some free install makers or just cmd ?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Now as we can open amf files using 7-z, I think it will be convenient to post amf files. So that it will work for everyone.
AMF files have standard compression. The ability to be opened by third party softwares is the exact reason why I didn't go for any sort of encryption, I wanted to keep this functionality. They're not meant to be installed that way though. It has to be fixed. I'm working on it! :)

singhy44

Club Captain
User, it is after clicking 'install', the little 'installing your mods' window comes up too.
CPU usage is pretty much 50-50 between them both, Kshitiz. And I've tried a few files, all from User2010.
Running Win7 Ultimate x86, as admin, got .NET 4.0, and those J runtimes, and the fix...but no joy :noway

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I've finally re-began work on the Mod Manager! I'm implementing the arguments limit fix so that more files can be added in one mod at the moment.

I need one help though. People who are getting the "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" error, please click on "Details" and give a screenshot ASAP. That will help me narrow down the problem a lot faster!

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I've successfully implemented a fix for the problem where people couldn't make mods for many files. Its been working for me well, and though I want to release it, I want to put in the Unhandled Exception fix as well, once and for all. So please, help the development, get me the Details of the error!

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Well it was for those who were getting the error. :) If no one reports till tomorrow evening, I'll go ahead and release the fixed version with no limit of files to be added in a mod. That should hopefully set the ball rolling for stable release of big mods!

Users who are viewing this thread