Adaptive AI Technology will use in future game (DBC 17) ?

You want include Adaptive AI in upcoming DBC 17 game

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I for one trust everything Konami says when it comes to video game entertainment, especially after the massive reveal of the new Metal Gear Solid 3 remake.................. in pachinko machine form.

mattk

Club Captain
I reckon sports like Baseball and American Football suit adaptive AI better. Eg. In baseball if the human routinely throws a slider when the count is 0-2 that is something the AI should pick up on. Or if a human is more likely to use a specific play on 3rd down in American Football. I'm sure it exists but I'm struggling to think of the equivalent situations in cricket that would allow adaptive AI to work as you want it to.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@gak99 You must be from future. Did the aliens land already

I'll talk and research about adaptive AI once I have seen it in play. Until then its just another gimmick to upsell

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
This is a new low in absurd threads.

1) there are two threads already discussing AI AI field setting in the context of DBC17 Academy settings - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums and Designing an AI Engine for Cricket - Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums these threads both add something beyond coloured text.

2) the OP adds nothing whatsoever in terms of suggestions of how that might be inplemented, or even concrete examples of how it might turn out in the game even vaguely. Everyone agrees they want an AI that plays according to us and the match situation, but how can that be acheived and what would it look like. DBC14 shipped with an attempt at adaptive AI - the result was silly mid off coming in if you played a forward defensive.

3) this is the third or 4th thread the same multi coloured nonsense has been posted in.

Gak i know you mean well but seriously please stop.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
image-jpeg.170962

I now know where dizzy got inspiration for this classic effort

hqdefault.jpg

remember this like it was yesterday :p

grkrama

National Board President

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Gak99, I think what you are trying to say is that the AI needs to react to the player's strategies and plans. I feel that every developer aims for such a feature and I have seen glimpses of such AI while the computer was bowling. But ofcourse with more memory and a new iteration to work on, BA would surely be improving a lot. Even if it is not on release, through a few patches they would end up doing the best they could with DBC17, that is a guarantee. So you don't need to panic :)

Btw, just so gak99 started this thread and there was talk about Adaptive AI that reads the player's game and reacts so...I would like to leave this excerpt from the document I posted here and sent Ross almost year back (360 days ago to be exact, wow time flies).

Toss

· Calling is random.

· Selection of either Batting or Bowling is determined as follows:

o Batting Friendly condition- Batting.

o Bowling Friendly condition- Bowling.

o Balanced condition- Batting or Bowling strength.

o Chance of rain- Bat second while having high chances of rain for limited overs.

o Dew factor- Always bat second when dew factor is significantly higher.

o Crumbly pitch- Always bat first so the team has a high probability of bowling on the fourth innings in longer formats and even for limited overs if the pitch would get slower.

Batting

v Opposition

· TEST:

o First Innings

§ Score as much as possible.

§ Max 2 days.

§ Declare if Runs>600 until

§ A player needs a landmark

§ Declare before latest 7 overs remain for the opposition to bat that day. But not greater than 700.

o Second Innings

§ Try to score as much.

§ Max till day 4.

§ Try to gain as much as lead possible by end of day 4.

§ Declare if lead is greater than

· 500 on day 2 stumps

· 400 on day 3 stumps

· 350 on day 4 end of session 1

· 300 on day 4 end of session 2

§ -50 for aggressive captain on day 4 alone.

o Third Innings

§ Toughest decision to make.

§ Declare if lead is greater than

· 500 on day 3 stumps

· 500 on day 4 end of session 1

· 400 on day 4 end of session 2

· 400 on day 4 stumps (360 for normal captain and 300 for attacking captain)

§ Batting friendly conditions add 50 and bowling friendly reduce 50.

§ Declare on day 5 if required run rate will be higher than

· 4-During session 1

· 5-During session 2

· 6-During session 3.

§ (-1 for bowling friendly conditions)

§ Try to increase current scoring rate if closer to the possible run rate.

o Fourth Innings

§ Try to win

· If run rate is <4 for 90+ overs.

· If run rate is <4.5 for 61-90 overs.

· If run rate is <5 for 30-60 overs.

· If run rate is <6 for 21-30 overs.

· If run rate is <8 for 11-20 overs.

· If run rate is <10 for 5-10 overs.

· If run rate is <15 for 1-4 overs.

§ Add 1 per run rate for attacking captain.

§ Defend

· If more than 6 wickets gone.

· Check at 10 overs remaining if run rate is acceptable, continue until at least one batsman remains.

· Defend if no batsman available and required runs >50. Otherwise try for win with regards to previous calculation until last wicket stands at which point defend unless runs required is >=20 and confirms with the above list.

· ONE DAY

o Try to hit par score predicted at end of every over.

o Accelerate further if at 35 overs the score is high and wickets are in hand. Check through 35-45.

o After 45 overs accelerate anyway.

o While chasing, keep up to the required run rate. (Unless the bowling is too good to be scored off that it is safe to take just singles or defend) (After the ball is relatively older, continue to keep up to the required run rate)

o During last 15 overs, start targeting bowlers.

· T20

o Mostly same as ODI

o In place of 35 overs, evaluate at 10. Check through 10-17.

o From 10 overs, start targeting bowlers.

v Team

· Opposition batsman calls if ball is anywhere front of square.

· The non-striker calls if it anywhere behind square.

· The non-striker also calls when the ball is anywhere near the striker too.

· Anywhere behind the squares of the respective batsmen, that batsman does not say NO to the call made unless there is absolutely no possible run otherwise there is a possibility of hesitating in between depending on his speed and personal respect.

Bowling

Already bowling AI is very good. So some of the minor suggestions would be,

· Bowling around and over must be strategized according to the angles, pitch conditions and how much it is working. Need not change if the batsman is hitting a lot of runs.

· Bowling line and length too should be strategized according to the conditions and the batsman’s skills.

· Bowling changes on the other hand can be aggressive or defensive with regards to the situation and captain.

Fielding & Umpiring

· Field positions must reflect a more natural and dynamic setting. It must reflect the captain’s style and the bowler’s strength along with of course the batsman’s skills.

· Intelligent fielding techniques too can be incorporated with regarding to the level the player is playing on, such as placing better fielders at positions the batsman will score more.

· A more realistic umpire must be present. Currently he is almost as good as a computer only rarely mistaking. This can be adjusted with respect to experience at a certain level and the amount of noise made in the ground and the pressure of the situation.

aayushg8

Club Cricketer
Adaptive AI may not be a thing but you can create sense of a illusion by randomizing ai actions and adding more diversity of tasks it can perform. If any of you have played Alien Isolation you will know what I am talking about.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I know I'm perpetuating the problem by posting but for the love of all that is holy please let this thread die.

Users who are viewing this thread