Alberts' downloads: Version 6 complete and released, one piece download now added

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm beginning a new set which will be more standardised and hopefully a bit cleaner. Depends on how the source images are.

Due to resolution issues I also have also gotten new source images for the international sides.

Will see how this looks.

Ideally this pack will be able to be converted when modding is finalised.

That will be cool - I noticed a few of them looked a little rough around the edges but I was more happy to have them than not at all to be honest. Will they just be replacing the same file names? I had to switch around a few of the icons between teams because I didn't use Get Best, so as long as I know I won't have to go through that again now they're all set. The only problem really is that the ones I had to change don't update in Career Mode sadly, so a few of the County teams still have the wrong logos - d'oh! Most have updated and look fantastic though, so I'm happy to live with it - not starting my career over, haha! It's only a couple though - it shows Middlesex with the Melbourne Stars logo and Northamptonshire with the Melbourne Renegades logo, haven't noticed any others yet. Not that big of a deal though, just the issue of the game not updating team edits after, etc. I had to switch a few from the IPL round too I think, but I don't know if I'll ever make it that far in Career - I'm awful at T20, haha!

Last edited:

Alberts

International Coach
That will be cool - I noticed a few of them looked a little rough around the edges but I was more happy to have them than not at all to be honest. Will they just be replacing the same file names? I had to switch around a few of the icons between teams because I didn't use Get Best, so as long as I know I won't have to go through that again now they're all set. The only problem really is that the ones I had to change don't update in Career Mode sadly, so a few of the County teams still have the wrong logos - d'oh! Most have updated and look fantastic though, so I'm happy to live with it - not starting my career over, haha! It's only a couple though - it shows Middlesex with the Melbourne Stars logo and Northamptonshire with the Melbourne Renegades logo, haven't noticed any others yet. Not that big of a deal though, just the issue of the game not updating team edits after, etc.

I'm basically just redoing the whole set, so they'll all be the same file names. The first set was just a first try. I've made a bunch of templates, and I'm spending a bit of time making sure that there are:

1. Better sized badges for each team, no more barely visible Perth Scorchers small badge and HUD icon for example
2. Removing white borders a bit better
3. Better alignment, thanks to the templates

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Excellent - can't wait to see the improved versions, fantastic work! :thumbs:)

Alberts

International Coach
I've finished redoing the emblems, and they should as a whole be a bit more polished at least. There is still an issue with the size though, as using too much of the allowed space (particularly vertically) causes problems at certain angles in game.

In any case I have a suspicion that most will be replaced as part of kit packs when the time comes.

Alberts

International Coach
Emblems, Cropped and Small all redone now. There were some issues initially with the small ones with the cleaner images, and the game gave them green edges, but a subtle shadow effect cleared that up. I'm now thinking of giving it to the HUD ones too, which are next on the agenda.

Might actually get this done today.

Alberts

International Coach
...and the Emblems need to be redone, fantastic. It seems the green halo exists there as well for some of them.

----------

...and cropped too. There aren't many of them that have issues, but it's easier to redo the lot than check them one by one in game.

It seems that the effect I used to clean the edges isn't being treated well in game.

Alberts

International Coach
Finished the test version of the new pack. It's on post three, and I'll attach it here too.

One thing I'm not liking is that the selection screen is too dark for a few of the badges (mostly the associate nations ones), but they look okay elsewhere.

That might be something to consider for a future update. What I could do is give them a thick light grey shadow...

Edit: Added South Africa and Kiwi edits.

Attachments

• textures.7z
    6 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
These are exceptional mate, Great work... Thank you :thumbs

suddyz

Club Captain
Absolutely superb! Well done and thanks!

MystiqueMyth

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
these are really good dude.. appreciate it !!

Alberts

International Coach
If anyone spots any that are a bit off, don't hesitate to mention them. The next step is to clean up any remaining issues.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Didn't expect anything new yet - hadn't checked in for a couple of days, haha! Just put the new logos in and they look great, much more defined than the old ones, nice work. Would anyone mind doing a few quick screenshots of the HUD logos for the international teams? I'm stuck in Career at the moment, and I want to see how they compare to MattW's pack. Everything else is looking much crisper though, so I'm guessing they would be too, just would be cool to see the comparison if anyone's got a couple of minutes.

suddyz

Club Captain
Not really anything wrong with your logos per say as they're fantastic but an issue I'm having is that NZ logo fades into the ODI and T20 uniforms as both are black. It looks great on the test kit but I was wondering if it is possible to have a white outline of the logo to make it more visible on dark kits. Not sure this would be easy to do or not.

Alberts

International Coach
Not really anything wrong with your logos per say as they're fantastic but an issue I'm having is that NZ logo fades into the ODI and T20 uniforms as both are black. It looks great on the test kit but I was wondering if it is possible to have a white outline of the logo to make it more visible on dark kits. Not sure this would be easy to do or not.

It's certainly doable. I've been looking into what looks best for that. What would be good is separate emblems for kit, cap and helmet as well as different kit.

Users who are viewing this thread