Alberts' downloads: Version 6 complete and released, one piece download now added

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If anyone spots any that are a bit off, don't hesitate to mention them. The next step is to clean up any remaining issues.

Guessing the SA logo is meant to be like this?

image.png

Going a bit haywire when there's any space above it...

image.png

image.png
image.png
image.png

You can see it a bit in the first picture too actually. Some kind of glitch?

Alberts

International Coach
Didn't expect anything new yet - hadn't checked in for a couple of days, haha! Just put the new logos in and they look great, much more defined than the old ones, nice work. Would anyone mind doing a few quick screenshots of the HUD logos for the international teams? I'm stuck in Career at the moment, and I want to see how they compare to MattW's pack. Everything else is looking much crisper though, so I'm guessing they would be too, just would be cool to see the comparison if anyone's got a couple of minutes.

yamW6uE.png

Just a handful of international HUD badges. Again, on dark backgrounds the dark ones could do with a light grey outline of somekind. Not sure, will have to keep having a look at it.

----------

Guessing the SA logo is meant to be like this?

image.png

Going a bit haywire when there's any space above it...

image.png

image.png
image.png
image.png

You can see it a bit in the first picture too actually. Some kind of glitch?

Yeah, I've been wondering about why this occurs when you get too close to the top edge. What happened here though was an error I made, I didn't change the layer size to that of the canvas and when the dds was produced it cropped the image. It ends with part of the image at the edge of the canvas and this becomes particularly pronounced.

I've made a fixed version which I've attached to this post. Put it in the emblems folder to replace the one currently there.

I'll replace the pack on the front page's one as well.

Attachments

• f_south.7z
    22.2 KB · Views: 57

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
You're a star - fantastic effort so far! Very much appreciated - just played my first match with the new logos and they just look so much neater and crisper than before! :)

kevinpp24

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
after using your textures file bangladesh emblem is not working, previously i used mattw's emblems,it worked then, so replaced mattw's bangladesh emblem file with yours, doesn't work either

Alberts

International Coach
after using your textures file bangladesh emblem is not working, previously i used mattw's emblems,it worked then, so replaced mattw's bangladesh emblem file with yours, doesn't work either

A known problem. It seems that something in the last DBC 14 update seems to have broken it again.

The rest should work though.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi @Alberts - I downloaded your latest badge pack. There seems to be an issue of a sort of grey/blue line going through the England Kit logo - not HUD/UI - which I spotted yesterday.

Alberts

International Coach
Hi @Alberts - I downloaded your latest badge pack. There seems to be an issue of a sort of grey/blue line going through the England Kit logo - not HUD/UI - which I spotted yesterday.

Still trying to find a solution that graphical problem. The only way to make it less noticeable is to shrink the emblem further.

Out of curiosity, is it the new pack or the old one?

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, I've been wondering about why this occurs when you get too close to the top edge. What happened here though was an error I made, I didn't change the layer size to that of the canvas and when the dds was produced it cropped the image. It ends with part of the image at the edge of the canvas and this becomes particularly pronounced.

I've made a fixed version which I've attached to this post. Put it in the emblems folder to replace the one currently there.

I'll replace the pack on the front page's one as well.

Which directory do I extract this to ?

Alberts

International Coach
In your documents you'll have your Don Bradman folder where you put the whole pack before, the directory for this file will be something like:

~\Don Bradman Cricket 14\textures\characters\emblems

Alberts

International Coach
Starting on the next step for the pack. Ideally the next released version will include:

- A few fixes and cleaned versions (particularly associate nations, the key parts of this are done)
- A way to make the dark badges more visible on the select screens
- Addition of a few teams that aren't linked on disk

The real issue is the second point. I'm trying things out, might post some examples to see what people think.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Still trying to find a solution that graphical problem. The only way to make it less noticeable is to shrink the emblem further.

Out of curiosity, is it the new pack or the old one?

Going back to this, from what I'd seen the newer pack had fixed that problem. Will check out the newer newer pack later - uni essays call, urgh! :rolleyes

Can't find the new download attachment though...

Alberts

International Coach
Going back to this, from what I'd seen the newer pack had fixed that problem. Will check out the newer newer pack later - uni essays call, urgh! :rolleyes

Can't find the new download attachment though...

I replaced the old download on the post I linked.

The problem mentioned should be pretty much fixed. It was a case of shrinking the emblems. Ideally it wouldn't need to do that.

Alberts

International Coach
Yeah, I'm looking at that post but I'm not seeing any download link or attachment anywhere on it - just me?

Seems you are most definitely right on that one.

I've fixed it now.

I'm aiming to redo all the mirrored badges and small versions (the one seen on the selection screens) with that grey border I've added to a few so they're all consistent.

I'll then add in the Kiwi and South African sides, as well as the Caribbean Premier League if all goes according to plan.

Users who are viewing this thread