April 2 - India v Sri Lanka - The Final!

BlueString

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Obviously, it was a great win and I was as ecstatic as anybody when Dhoni hit the six, but don't get carried away guys. We still have a lot of catching up to do in other sports, and the next ICCCWC is in Australia. You know what that means . . . cough cough, number five, cough cough

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Maybe he means that our soccer team sucks so much that it will make it to the Fifa WC only by 2110.

Exactly why we need an inspirational skipper in MSD ;)
Tell me one skipper who would have attained glory with that t20 WC 2007 squad , IPL 3 & CLt20 squad of CSK . Imo , only the current Indian squad looks strong enough for any leader to win a silverware .

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Damn, I celebrated this the best I could. We (me and my cousins) went round in the cars at 1.00 AM waving flags and there were so many more people doing the same stuff. Later on, it was the drinks to go along with some fantastic food. We had delicious kebabs. Fantastic stuff from India, always had a feeling it was Dhoni who will lead from the front (after Kohli fell).
The situation was similar in Mumbai. While returning back from Wankhede we saw many people doing so, and so even we opened the windows, and begun blowing the blow-horns and waved the flag till we reached home.

Was absolute fun, a moment to be cherished forever. Such things happen once in a lifetime.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think the Government, the media and news channels could tone it down a bit now and allow the players just to be. Yes, the WC is a great triumph for India, but the players need some time off and a good rest away from the media highlight for at least some days because there's a tough season ahead in International Cricket for India.

kripss

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think the Government, the media and news channels could tone it down a bit now and allow the players just to be. Yes, the WC is a great triumph for India, but the players need some time off and a good rest away from the media highlight for at least some days because there's a tough season ahead in International Cricket for India.

Come on, this moment never comes again and again. Let the players celebrate in whatever way they want, let the media and people ask them, wish them whatever they want. The celebration is just started. It will last longer than expected. With this kind of triumph, players would be still feeling fresh, mentally they are still not tired at all. Definitely all the players would be feeling very nice, so its not tiring at all.

By the way, India is only nation to win 60 over, 50 over and 20 over World Cup. :D :cheers

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Come on, this moment never comes again and again. Let the players celebrate in whatever way they want, let the media and people ask them, wish them whatever they want. The celebration is just started. It will last longer than expected. With this kind of triumph, players would be still feeling fresh, mentally they are still not tired at all. Definitely all the players would be feeling very nice, so its not tiring at all.

By the way, India is only nation to win 60 over, 50 over and 20 over World Cup. :D :cheers

I'm not saying not to celebrate. I am asking the media to allow the players to celebrate and recuperate in peace. :cheers

Meanwhile the media is spoiling the moment by their needless controversy over a "fake" world cup.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I was watching the final with about a 1000 other Indians here in Canada. After sachin and sehwag got out, a couple hundred just got up and left. I stayed till the end :)

Same was the situation in the club where I was watching with my cousins. My elder cousin was disappointed too as he is a Sachin fan. I told him, 'The Indians talked about gifting the WC to Sachin. This is the best chance for them to do so, and hopefully they will do it.'

Atharv

Club Cricketer

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I don't think he said "played under". I guess he said "played with" . Played under indicates superior-sub ordinate relationship, played with - indicates they are colleagues and that is how it should be .

:yes

In ANY team sport the captain is the leader of the pack, seniority of all other players notwithstanding. All team players play under the captain. Captain calls the shots, though he may take the advise of senior players.

Sachin just re-iterated his terrific team spirit by accepting that he can play "under" much younger captains. I think that is his greatest achievement: the conquest of ego to perform at the top stage for so long.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Sangakkara resigns captaincy!! I dont think that was needed. He has done great work with Srilankan cricket.

Dilshan will now replace him mostly :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread