April 2 - India v Sri Lanka - The Final!

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
lol. the indians are celebrating victory and the lankans have accepted defeat gracefully. funny to see the neutrals discussing post-match strategies and tactics. :p

anyways.....looks like drinking pepsi has finally had its effect on cucumber dhoni....:D

Last edited by a moderator:

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
That cut shot for six might be classified as a helicopter shot though.

Still nothing wrong in discussing the cricketing aspects of the final. The match deserves to be discussed as it was worthy of a world cup final.

At the halfway stage, I must admit I was quite down, especially after that last ball six and the 0/1 scoreboard after Sehwag was LBW.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
Any of my fellow Indian fans shed a tear after we won? Especially when watching Sachin celebrate. I know I did. Or am I the only lame one...

You're not the only one bro, I couldn't control my emotions when Sachin came to field and later picked the WC trophy.
A great match.

I was really pessimistic after 31/2, but our future aspects showed that they are destined to be greats. A great innings by Dhoni, releases a lot more pressure from him. He looked like in his old touch which we liked, some of the shots were the same powerful hits which he forgot to play for the last year or so. Good to be back in form.
A champions stuff.

newzolt

Club Captain
These winning moments will be cherished by all of us for years to come.It was a great feeling being a part of the moment!

Atharv

Club Cricketer
I could certainly see Mendis being carted by India, after all it has already happened a fair bit. But then Sri Lanka weren't going to drop Malinga or Murali because India could go after them too. It was a bit of a double standard and while it can't be proven that it was the right move to drop Mendis and Herath, it was rather ineffectual.

:noway:noway

Malinga-Murali and Mendis cannot be compared. Though Mendis should have been in the playing eleven on the basis of his form, Indians would have targetted him just ike they targetted Kulusekara and Pereira .

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I hear 2 sounds!!!

fried chickenKKKKKKK.

Yudi must be disappointed
I was damn disappointed, was in tears to see that. Was sitting in the Sachin Tendulkar Stand (North Stand) and we were just being shown the video on the LED screen. There was no sound and it seemed absolutely plumb to me.

Nonetheless, 2nd April 2011 stills remains a day to cherish. It is a dream come true for me. The match made me cry twice, once during Sehwag's dismissal and next when Dhoni struck the huge six to finish things off.

The way the Indians celebrated was emotional. We were all shouting hard, cheering for the team when they walked pass our stand while doing a round of the entire ground. The ground was pretty good too, and the songs, especially 'Chak De! India' and 'Chale Chalo - Lagaan' were immensely inspirational.

There was an old man sitting right behind us who was literally crying like a baby on India's victory, just shows how much this victory means to the entire nation.

Proud to be an Indian.

King Cricket

International Coach
Cricketman said:
Any of my fellow Indian fans shed a tear after we won? Especially when watching Sachin celebrate. I know I did. Or am I the only lame one...

You're definitely not the only one. I just couldn't control my tears after our victory. Actually, the feeling is yet to sink in! I mean, we are really the World Champions?! The title which had eluded us for 28 long years is finally ours! That's too good to be true.

And Sachin, well, what remains to be said about this man! Did you guys watch Yuvraj's press conference yesterday where he revealed the name of his mentor who had encouraged him and given him hope when was contemplating retirement from cricket? No prize for guessing, the person is Sachin Tendilkar. I'm so happy that the team has been able to fulfill his dream of winning the World Cup. Excellent, just excellent!

Last edited:

Gurjot95

National Board President
I am really jealous for all of you who were sitting in stadium. I wonder how all you got tickets or had you booked very early? I didn't got any tickets for Mohali match. It was booked before a week :facepalm

ursonly11

International Coach
Well Mohali tickets were available but you have to pay much higher cost.
But boy what a match this final was. Loved it, I am still getting goosebumps looking at the highlights and celebrations.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Congrats to all Indians here on PC. Your team has played like lions and deserves every bit of this glory. Your captain has led from the front and your players have fought like their life depended on it. Congrats again from my side. :cheers

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Congrats to team India & team Srilanka

That final was fantastic and the run chase was marvelous. As Sachin yesterday said that we have proved everyone wrong!!

P Squared

International Coach
We won the cup after 28 years, its been a day but the feeling still hasn't sunk in.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I didn't cry, but I shouted with exultation. Loudly.

----------

No offense to others, but I've been able to sink in that feeling. I always thought we could do this, but wasn't sure (obviously), but this isn't coming as unbelievable to me. Still, I'll cherish this memory.

Users who are viewing this thread