April 2 - India v Sri Lanka - The Final!

cricket12345678

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Srilank

Srilanka
2003 Srilanka entered semi final
2007 Srilanka entered Final
2011 Srilanka entered Final

India
2003 India entered final
2007 India failed to enter second round
2011 India entered Final

still i believe Srilanka is good team after 2003. India is best team against Srilanka after 2007

----------

Lassana Dias Proper grammatical is not important. Presentation is important

Lassana Dias

Club Cricketer
Friend863 they never dominated in the tournament. They lost against Pakisthan. When rain hit match Australia ahead of srilanka. Against Newzland they chase 217 in 48 overs. India chase 265 run in 48 overs. India have 2 big games Australia and Pakisthan. Srilanka only dominate against England. Other test team, they are not dominating

you think india win, i think sri lanka win. you thing sri lanka cricket no good!! india cricket veru good!! good for you! you think sri lanka only play well vs england. i think india play bad vs england ... we will see on 2nd ... goodluck :lol

cricket12345678

School Cricketer
Lassana Dias After West Indies matches. India bowling come to picture

----------

India good bowling performance against West Indies, Australia, Pakisthan. Now it seems to improve against Srilanka

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
After seeing how Pak's bowlers performed against the Indian batsmen, I'd say SL are favourites for this. SL's bowling is as good, if not close, as Pak's and their top 4 are in tremendous form. The Indian line-up isn't as good as it appeared on paper.

Plus SL will be the more focussed of the two. India have just come of an emotion-fuelled clash against Pak. That takes a while to come down from.

Not so much emotionally fueled for the team. The fans and the media, it was.

Regarding this final, here is some analysis for India for this big final:

India
+ Playing in home conditions; their recent record against Sri Lanka at home ODI's (even away ODI's) has been spectacular to say the least.

+ India have been tested very well in this tournament. They have had a heart breaking loss to SA, and were taken very close by quite a few teams. They have chased, defended and had a good test at that

+ Their bowling attack, which was rated so low at the beginning, is finally coming to terms at the right time in the tournament. The inclusion of Ashwin and the good work of Munaf-Nehra makes things more rosy for India

- Having reached the summit clash against a team that India has beaten soundly so often, India could possibly be complacent. Had it been Australia or South Africa, India would be on their toes. But Sri Lanka gives us a sense of comfort that could easily translate into complacency

- The batting has not clicked as well as expected. Worrying is the form of a few like Dhoni, Kohli and Gambhir (to an extent). With all that, we reached the final but we must hope these guys fire or atleast help the others take us to a good total that can enable us to win.

Final Verdict: India should win this comfortably, but Sri Lanka wont be pushovers.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
2003 World Cup Final: India v Australia
2007 World Cup Final: Australia v Sri Lanka
2011 World Cup Final: Sri Lanka v India

In brief, Commonwealth bank series 2008 ROUND 3 (Australia won against both India and Sri Lanka where as India defeated Sri Lanka :D!

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
the way they have dominated the tournament.

Tbh they have dominated only the weaker teams, the game against Australia was washed out, they lost to pakistan in groups and they had easy opponents in QF and SF. While India has had a tough road to Finals. Although both teams look evenly matched, SL bowling has been on and off and Mendis hasn't had much success against Indians recently.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Sri Lanka gives us a sense of comfort that could easily translate into complacency

Can' agree with this point of yours . In my college survey that i conducted regarding who India fear most prior to this WC in a knockout game :

SL - 64%
RSA - 23%
AUS - 12%
Pak - 1%

Kabooka

International Cricketer
lankna bowling always in the picture

IMO only Murali and Malinga are the Lankan bowlers to watch out for. Just like we have Bhajji and Zaheer. If Murai is better than Bhajji the Zak seems better than Malinga (most of the time) .Rest of the bowlers from both the sides are pretty pedestrian. On the other hand I find Dilshan, Sangaaa, and Jayawerdene to be the best of Lankan batsmen. Tharanga is in form but not in the same league as the other 3. In the Indian batting Lineup we have SEVEN good batsmen. Plus Sri lanka have not really been tested so far and the match is in Mumbai, all add up to India's advantage. Plus India is gonna be unstoppable after beating Pakistan. That was a very high tension match and after winning that that game im sure the lads will be much more relaxed, focused and raring to go. I think the punters rightly favor India.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Got this thought now :D :p. Haha
Code:
Sri Lanka will win the World Cup...

And yeah, its time for fooling people! APRIL FOOL :D.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Also one big thing is, the one subcontinental team Sri Lanka faced this World Cup (Pakistan), they lost! Look at the other teams they have played

Zimbabwe, Canada, Kenya, New Zealand, Australia, England, New Zealand

Playing a subcontinent team in the subcontinent is a big challenge (since they know the conditions equally well). And Sri Lanka failed the only test they had in this tournament. And their second big test comes in the final.

----------

Can' agree with this point of yours . In my college survey that i conducted regarding who India fear most prior to this WC in a knockout game :

SL - 64%
RSA - 23%
AUS - 12%
Pak - 1%

I am bloody sure the players dont concur with that survey results.:D

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
While India possess the bragging rights heading to the final , the ODDS for Lanka looks definitely harsh IMO .

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Got this thought now :D :p. Haha
Code:
Sri Lanka will win the World Cup...

And yeah, its time for fooling people! APRIL FOOL :D.

He he he.... I fell for it! Was about to ask you to "SHUT UP".:lol:D

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
the game against Australia was washed out

Which SL would have definitely won . 157/3 after 32 overs with Sangakkara on a roll , Aussies horrible players of spin , can it get any better than this ?? :p
@ Binnu's April Fool : Great one there , even i fell for it :D

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
While India possess the bragging rights heading to the final , the ODDS for Lanka looks definitely harsh IMO .

I guess they're taking into account SL's performance in India, which is quite poor over-all. Since 2000-till date they've won just 3 out of 16 ODI's.

Users who are viewing this thread